Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be no unforced changes after a solid win.
In Amiss
Out Draper

Rearrange magnets. Jackson fills Young’s role in the middle and Young goes back as the third tall back.

Few different things we can do. Richmond doesn’t have a huge fwd line anyway. Having potentially the 3js and Voss who is mobile isn’t lumbering tbh.

Think Jackson can be used elsewhere for now. Potentially a roaming CHB or as I mentioned above more of a mid.

Switta has body issues, just rest him up.
Against the tigers this week, this actually looks feasible, they only had Naismith and Lefau as talls in the forward line, who Pearce and Chapman could match up against. In desperation they moved Grimes forward but if we play 3 talls plus Jackson and Darcy that won’t be an option. If they do swing someone forward Jackson can swing back and just follow Naismith all day as second ruck or forward.

Richmond are our original bogey team, I know Carlton have kind of overtaken them in recent years but the Tigers have always been the bogey team, we have kind of forgotten it with Carlton stepping in and Richmond actually being good but we used to always lose to them when they were s**t.

now they are s**t again but unfortunately the bogey status comes into play
Our record is better against them at the MCG then Perth in recent years.

4 wins from 6 games since 2012

Beat them in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017 at the MCG.

Lost in 2013 & 2018.

MCG is a much bigger ground. Will be interesting to see how we adapt. Runners like Sharp should come into their own. Still don’t know why Walker missed so much of the game.

In: Worner
Out: Draper

Maybe Amiss for Voss too.

I am thinking Davies for Draper as a forced change.

Amiss for Voss. Voss showed he is serviceable depth. He and the club should be pleased with his work.

Switta for Johnson. We have carried Johnson through 7 matches. No more. Banners can play up the ground.

O’Meara, Sonny and Emmet just holding on. Maybe Sonny can be rested.

Worner, Wagner, Brodie, Stanley and Sturt to push their cases in the WAFL. I am still interested in Stanley as a high half forward.

I am thinking Davies for Draper as a forced change.

Amiss for Voss. Voss showed he is serviceable depth. He and the club should be pleased with his work.

Switta for Johnson. We have carried Johnson through 7 matches. No more. Banners can play up the ground.

O’Meara, Sonny and Emmet just holding on. Maybe Sonny can be rested.

Worner, Wagner, Brodie, Stanley and Sturt to push their cases in the WAFL. I am still interested in Stanley as a high half forward.

I think High Half Forward is definitely where we should be looking to play Stanley. What we missed with Frederick for the last few weeks is something that Stanley could have provided with a bit more experience.

MCG is a much bigger ground. Will be interesting to see how we adapt. Runners like Sharp should come into their own. Still don’t know why Walker missed so much of the game.

Walker played 75 percent of game.
Johnson only played 60. Maybe he needs a rest.

Because he is mud…
Rides shotgun against an opponent and doesn’t attack the contest or the player..
Great pace and disposal has got better but FMD people get past him and brush him off an awful lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walters either sub or dropped completely been useless past 5 weeks
Switta in for him

Walker out for worner I reckon walker is on par with hughes for worst player in the afl just a little bit better defensively but if Draper is out Walker gets one more week

Hate that Voss has to come out for amiss but least we have a proper back up now

need coop to start somehow his quick step is one of the best I’ve seen think I noticed with him aswell he was in such a dangerous and risky spot that if we just pulled the trigger to him we’d probably score more goals but always play it safe

Out: Draper (inj), O'Meara (rest), Walters (rest)

In:
Davies (like for like), Amiss, Switta

Sub:
Switta (break glass if it doesn't work having with keeping Voss in side (to tall))

I wouldn't be rushing Amiss back. Even if it was a "regular" concussion, there is no harm in giving him another week off. Play it safe. He was also struggling after the slam into the post against Brisbane and wasn't giving us much more than Voss did last night. I'd make the change for the Sydney game, which will be off a short break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back