Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss was only playing because Amiss was out. I'm not sure what people were seeing that demands staying in the team? I'm glad he showed enough to suggest he is a competent back up, but I didn't see anything that says we should rejig the team to accommodate him.

While we're playing 2 rucks if Treacy and Amiss are fit I don't see how he can play.

Last edited:

Voss was only playing because Amiss was out. I'm not sure what people were seeing that demands staying in the team? I'm glad he showed enough to suggest he is a competent back up, but I didn't see anything that says we should rejig the team to accommodate him.

While we're playing 2 rucks if and Treacy and Amiss are fit I don't see how he can play.
Amiss fwd

Jackson mid

Young back

While we're playing 2 rucks if and Treacy and Amiss are fit I don't see how he can play.

Agree. Lots to love as an immediate replacement for injury. Slides Taberner down one more spot. Potential to play defense?

Otherwise it’s still a great pickup with tremendous upside.

With Amiss back he will slide out… you’d imagine.

He should’ve had a ping from that shot on the boundary 50m out. He can kick that in his sleep. Did the team thing, but it’s cutthroat. He kicks that, ends up with 2 or 3 and it becomes very difficult to drop him.

Yes, agree. Strong argument for Davies to debut though.

I think eventually you need to change structure if quality is not there. I have not seen Davies play, so don't know

This is a good week to play short, as Richmond have a small forward line and then change if needed next week.

Ryan can play tall and Chapman is back

Ladies and Gents we are not making wholesale changes after an Anzac game win. We have an 8 day break.

I would argue shuffling magnets and moving Young out of the midfield is more of a change than like for like replacements - especially when it’s just bringing back best 22 players.

And the fact that we shifted Banfield and O’Meara back before making that change in game would suggest Young isn’t going anywhere. And nor should he.

Depending on fitness, I can see…

In - Amiss, Switkowski, Davies
Out - Voss, Simpson, Draper

I’d bring in Davies, rather than going with the shorter back line. Keep the structure. And it’s a good week to do it since the Richmond forward line is WAFL standard at best.

I would argue shuffling magnets and moving Young out of the midfield is more of a change than like for like replacements - especially when it’s just bringing back best 22 players.

And the fact that we shifted Banfield and O’Meara back before making that change in game would suggest Young isn’t going anywhere. And nor should he.

I’d bring in Davies, rather than going with the shorter back line. Keep the structure. And it’s a good week to do it since the Richmond forward line is WAFL standard at best.
These are the most likely changes, if Walters hurt his hand/wrist, then Switta replaces him and Simpson stays in.
Out: Voss, Walters, Draper
In: Amiss, Switta, Davies.
We have a “next man in” policy and Davies is the next tall back in line, think we are desperate to get the JJJs working together, so Voss is unfortunately out.

C'mon bro you don't see his potential? They even rotated him through the midfield tonight. He is no where near his ceiling. We need to keep pumping games into him so he can polish his disposal and game awareness.
I was big on him at Peel last year but after his two games last year, his issues from Peel are coming through, disposal and decision making.

That massive stuff up that he had wasn’t an anomaly, he does 1 or 2 a game where he costs us gimme goals. It’s the lack of forward line class we’ve all been bemoaning the last month.

His pressure and intent is so good it’s enough for now but he absolutely has to fix it and given how he was at Peel, it’s not a sure thing he will

Is Draper actually injured or was it more precautionary?

Edit: JL days it’s not serious in his presser, whatever that means.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Simpson, out Walters (managed)
In Amiss, out Voss (to sub). Not a bad sub to have, can go back or forward.
Not 100% convinced if Draper is an injury or just tightness. Will await injury report.
Think Switta can sit out another week.
I don’t think there is any world where Voss would be sub.

I’m also not sure Simpson is ready for a full game, and right now switta brings a lot more to the team than he does.

Homer did a couple of nice things that everyone noticed, but that’s because we have a bias to wanting new young guys to succeed (especially those who like to bag the coach - I have no idea if you’re one of those, it’s just human nature that’s all)

Could bring in Switta for Johnson, if Swita or Freddie or both can play some wing time. Sharp, Bana's and Freddie/Switta rotating through the wing/ Hf. Switta couls also add an extra rotation to inside mid.
I wouldn't mind if Walters was managed but apart from his few undisciplined acts he was very good on replay.

Last edited:

Baffles me that people are still saying Young to go back for cover. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. Time to see Young as a pure mid, he is no longer a defender.

I can see Walters being rested for the away game and Simpson staying in.

Draper, Voss - Amiss, Switta.

Aish, Chapman, Walker, Ryan, Clark, Pearce & Banfield/JOM as the 7 backs. Simpson stays as sub.

I was adamant Young was not a mid but im in the don’t move camp now.

Richmond forward line isn’t great, it isn’t tall either unless they play two rucks (Nankervis/Naismith) but could bring in Samson Ryan.

I’d consider Johnson, JOM, Walters as subs as well but would definitely issue an on notice as well to Sonny. He has had a quiet month and given away some silly 50’s and free kicks during that stretch.

Balta and Short are listed as 1-2 weeks on their injury list.

They would be 2 big ins for the Tigers. I think we all remember Short winning them the game last time we played with his long goals.

With our defense so undermanned last night, in game would it possible to throw Jackson back to provide a contest and take intercepting marks. Particularly, against talls as Darcy was getting off the leash and out marking everyone

Obviously, it will take his other weapons in fwd and ruck, but if we need to hold up the dam wall , can he plug it

I know Im in the minority but does Switta need to come back? He has not set the world on fire this year. Id rather we brought back Amiss and shuffled the rest

Switta will be a good in against the Tigers, his main job is to come up and put pressure on the opposition midfield especially around stoppages.

I wish he was far more damaging, but he’s the teachers pet and they’ll bring him straight in I think.

Out
Walker (put him somewhere where he isn’t a liability, back to the magoos)
Walters (had some volume but rubbish disposal and decision making)
Draper (injured)

Possible out:
Emmett had some good defensive acts and pressure but missing easy targets when you have low volume looks dumb.

In:
Switta
Amiss
Worner

Move the magnets around this week and create some depth with good users of the football

Too many butchers = max 10 goals
That smother in the middle of the ground will be enough to keep Emmett in I reckon

Voss doesn't deserve to be dropped off that performance but he will make way for Amiss.
One of Walters or Switta shouldn't play. Thought Walters was actually serviceable today, but he should be "managed."
I wonder if Davies gets a debut then? I'd rather trial him than bring back Hughes.

Baffles me that people are still saying Young to go back for cover. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. Time to see Young as a pure mid, he is no longer a defender.

I can see Walters being rested for the away game and Simpson staying in.

At least we’ve moved past people saying Treacy or Jackson can go back for cover. It’s a start.

At least we’ve moved past people saying Treacy or Jackson can go back for cover. It’s a start.

haha Jackson has been mentioned several times that he can go back.
Voss doesn't deserve to be dropped off that performance but he will make way for Amiss.
One of Walters or Switta shouldn't play. Thought Walters was actually serviceable today, but he should be "managed."
I wonder if Davies gets a debut then? I'd rather trial him than bring back Hughes.

Is Voss a better option back, than Davies ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back