Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Emmett does one or two things in each game that keeps him in. Those 1% like Shultz did. But isn't as productive. For that reason while he is, he should stay in. That run down smother was turning point.

However don't be surprise when he misses from 15m out from goal or kicks it over the head of an open team mates lol

I agree. I don’t think he benefits from a stint in the WAFL.
I disagree. For now he stays but if he keeps turning the ball over without the composure necessary then a stint at Peel I believe will help. I remember years ago when Ryan was in his second year he went through a patch where he was what I would describe as a bit sloppy with his disposal. Finally got dropped and played some games at Peel tidied it up and was more careful with his decision making and never turned back.

Emmett could absolutely work on these things at Peel. Perhaps even be moved on ball to get more of the pill and practice making those kicks under pressure.

Same reason releasing Erasmus at Peel to half back or spending time at half forward to work on his game. We can play Brodie in the guts at Peel. He is a relatively old dog. Even Wagner can run through the middle if needed. Emmett running around on ball getting more opportunity for i50’s is a good thing.

Just realised that we after we play Richmond we have a 5 day turnaround and travel before our game vs Sydney on Friday. I think if anyone is a bit iffy then we don't risk them for Richmond. Also perfect game to manage Walters.
It's also a big heck you to us from the AFL.

Coming off 2 games with less rest against teams that have already had a bye this season.

He missed one target of any note that I saw. Everything else he does is pretty good. Although he does lack a bit of awareness at times. If he stops doing the other stuff then he should be sent to Peel otherwise I would keep him in the main team. At least until someone else bangs the door down. While we had a good game, at lot of players missed at least one target plus it looks like he might have been sent to Dale to curb his run off.

Whilst I agree Emmett does lack a bit of composure at times(seems to go flat out with everything he does)and ideally needs to hit the scoreboard more , comparing him to the player Schultz is now is disingenuous at best.

Have people totally forgotten what Schultz was like in his first 2 and half years here?
Bloke looked almost certain list clogger and plenty ,read PLENTY on here had stamped his papers as a delistee

But he kept playing his role (like Emmett is now) and eventually the clubs faith was rewarded with him becoming the player he is now.

Can see Tommy following a similar path

Bring Davies in, if we want our KPD depth to develop then we need to get them AFL experience when it's up for grabs, Draper injured, Davies gets his shot, who else?

I'd hope we keep Simpson and Voss in too, Voss, Treacy and Amiss should be our 3 tall forwards going forward.

JOM played his best game last night. Reckon he and Walters were given warnings about lifting their game.

JOM played his role better than befor but Sonny went for the spectacular crap. That didn’t end well…but he stays in due to a win.

JOM - 1 tackle, 8 pressure acts, zero clearances , 97 metres gained . Not a high standard that is a pass mark, but probably better than last week. Not sure what his role is now!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JOM - 1 tackle, 8 pressure acts, zero clearances , 97 metres gained . Not a high standard that is a pass mark, but probably better than last week. Not sure what his role is now!

Could be wrong but similar to banners. Both also helped out in def esp 2nd qrter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He missed one target of any note that I saw. Everything else he does is pretty good. Although he does lack a bit of awareness at times. If he stops doing the other stuff then he should be sent to Peel otherwise I would keep him in the main team. At least until someone else bangs the door down. While we had a good game, at lot of players missed at least one target plus it looks like he might have been sent to Dale to curb his run off.
And of that one target he missed we scored directly from the stoppage his kick going out of bounds caused.

With switta wanting out of the club according to other thread . Should we still be playing him ? Depends how needed he is short term as he won’t be here long term

181cbb68b238c3a697ae29c062dc3215.jpg

Out: Draper, Walters and O'Meara
In: Davies, Switkowski and Amiss

FB: Ryan Pearce Walker
HB: Clark Davies Chapman
C: Sharp Young Brayshaw
HF: Fred Jackson Switkowski
FF: Treacy Amiss Voss

R: Darcy Serong Fyfe

I: Johnson Aish Simpson Banfield

S: Emmett

Voss applies far more pressure than Sturt or Walters so I don't see why we couldn't give this a go.

Emmett should have had a ping at the goals but seems too conscious of doing the team thing and over-kicked it to the pocket when a shot at goals would have been the easier option. Same as in the last quarter last week when he got a lead from Brayshaw and kicked it over his head into the forward pocket when he had to opportunity to take a set shot (game was done at the point).

As someone pointed out Schultz had a high error rate when he started too and Emmett has played less than 10 games.

A couple of strong contested marks in recent games shows he's got a bit more than just pressure in his toolkit.

Could have said the same about Naughton, Lobb and Darcy. With Bontempelli floating through. Somehow we did it.
Yeah we looked shaky as heck once Draper went down, which is my point

Luckily we smacked em in the clearance battle, beat em in I50s and basically beat em all around the ground for most of the day (There was a period where they got on top in the third or fourth though).

Will be a lot harder to dominate the midfield against the Swans.

He plugged a hole in the backline after an injury

I still don't think he should be in the team but hard to hang him out on this game.

Plenty of other games we can be mad about though, Switta is an easy in for him IMO

He had a pretty good game when he went back. As the coaches seem to want him in the team even when he hasn't done much, i doubt they will drop him after that effort

Emmett should have had a ping at the goals but seems too conscious of doing the team thing and over-kicked it to the pocket when a shot at goals would have been the easier option. Same as in the last quarter last week when he got a lead from Brayshaw and kicked it over his head into the forward pocket when he had to opportunity to take a set shot (game was done at the point).

As someone pointed out Schultz had a high error rate when he started too and Emmett has played less than 10 games.

A couple of strong contested marks in recent games shows he's got a bit more than just pressure in his toolkit.
The pass was the right call, had a player out on each side and one defender in no mans land, also had Freddy slingshotting past.

Just needs to hit the pass but very very comfortable with that decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back