Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

No one was ‘droppable’ as such.

Amiss and Switta will be back.

Draper out.

Voss probably out but lots to like.

I’d strongly consider ‘managing’ Walters and/ or JOM.

Would like to see Simpson given another match, but wouldn’t be surprised if he’s dropped.

Will be interesting to see how walters hand comes up. He is in a lot of pain after attempting a smother on the kick than Banfield marked prior to his last goal. Then when he gets the mark and set shot he pulls his glove off that hand and after the goal a trainer is with him talking about it.

It is the type of thing that can be badly bruised, a tendon thing or a fracture. He was already playing with tape on it under the glove. Probably could do with a rest and it would be better for it to be given time if needed than to push through this time of year.

Want to trial Voss with Amiss and Treacy. Don’t think will lose any speed.
Jackson as unicorn role.

In:

Amiss.

Hughes (as much as people dislike it, he ll get in as experienced)

Out:

JOM (for the 100th time, won’t happen)

Draper
JOM more than held his own today. Was very good in the first and plugged a hole down back as well.

Surprising to see calls for Voss out.

Good size, strong, moves well, kicks well, has mongrel. Exactly what our forward line needs. Massive huge humongous upgrade on Tabs.

Debutants should be given a good crack. Dropped after one game for no reason is a confidence killer.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
“No reason” is that Amiss is back.

That’s not a confidence killer, that’s being a first year tall.

“No reason” is that Amiss is back.

That’s not a confidence killer, that’s being a first year tall.
Yeah, fair call. Still feels wrong....does all the stuff we cry out for! Like leading at the ball carrier and kicking straight.
Shouldn't be dropped. But might not be a spot for him right now. Good signs though. I like him.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will be interesting to see how walters hand comes up. He is in a lot of pain after attempting a smother on the kick than Banfield marked prior to his last goal. Then when he gets the mark and set shot he pulls his glove off that hand and after the goal a trainer is with him talking about it.

It is the type of thing that can be badly bruised, a tendon thing or a fracture. He was already playing with tape on it under the glove. Probably could do with a rest and it would be better for it to be given time if needed than to push through this time of year.
Yes I noticed him wincing in a lot of pain when the girl helped him put his glove back on after his set shot. He played quite well but with Switta back I wonder whether it is an opportunity for him to be managed and get over his aches and pains - especially that hand injury.

I haven’t put a lot of effort into watching Richmond but I wonder whether an opportunity to give Hugh Davies a debut? Or is Richmond a smaller forward team.

If smaller team then perhaps Worner in for Draper. Worner was good round 1 prior to the head knock and had a good game for Peel before the bye this weekend.

Amiss looked annoyed that he couldn’t keep playing against WCE and reportedly has been fine all week. In the injury report it was reported that he had no ongoing symptoms.

Voss > Amiss
Walters (managed/soreness) > Switta
Draper (Hamstring) > Davies/ Worner

Emmett or Cooper Sub.

I thought JOM did his part. Emmett lots of pressure acts but his composure still worries me. For example that first quarter where there was a chain of handballs and he broke through a tackle and then all he needed to do was to settle and compose himself for a short chip kick but he butchered the kick out of bounds. Cooper on the other hand right at the end of the game ran beautifully through the lines sidestepped but after tucking the ball under his arm managed to settle himself and chip kick the ball nicely for Banners. Now that is composure.

I’d like to see Emmett moved to sub and Cooper to bench.

But every week he has two Cat 10 forward disposals that cost us absolute gimmes. I love the pressure and intensity but he can’t keep doing it (Emmett that is).
C'mon bro you don't see his potential? They even rotated him through the midfield tonight. He is no where near his ceiling. We need to keep pumping games into him so he can polish his disposal and game awareness.

Does Simpson have the fitness to run out a full game? If yes he should keep his spot and one of JOM/Walters is dropped. If he doesn't then he is the perfect sub. Another player we need to keep pumping games into.

The changes for this week will likely be:
Worner > Draper
Amiss > Voss
Switta > (?)

If Draper didn't get injured, I would of gone unchanged.

Is Amiss 100 percent fit?

I am very hesitant to bring Ethan Hughes back.

But that means Ryan has to play CHB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out
Walker (put him somewhere where he isn’t a liability, back to the magoos)
Walters (had some volume but rubbish disposal and decision making)
Draper (injured)

Possible out:
Emmett had some good defensive acts and pressure but missing easy targets when you have low volume looks dumb.

In:
Switta
Amiss
Worner

Move the magnets around this week and create some depth with good users of the football

Too many butchers = max 10 goals

Actually, I wonder if this is the week to see if Jackson is a true unicorn and play him CHB?!

That way we have Amiss, Treacy and Voss forward.

Pearce and Jackson back.

In theory it's perfect lol

Richmond are our original bogey team, I know Carlton have kind of overtaken them in recent years but the Tigers have always been the bogey team, we have kind of forgotten it with Carlton stepping in and Richmond actually being good but we used to always lose to them when they were s**t.

now they are s**t again but unfortunately the bogey status comes into play

To my eyes Simpson is instant best 23. We've been screaming for pace, composure and the ability to kick to the advantage of the forwards going inside 50.
Simpson hit more targets with perfectly placed and weighted kicks tonight than most of our mids have all year.
I just don't see how you leave him out when he's so obviously a top liner in waiting. Sure he will need to be rested at times as he's young but give the kid a couple of games to show his stuff. He brings exactly the attributes we need most to round out the team.

I love Emmett's hustle and he's close to the hardest nut on our list already but he's not skilful.
Tough calls await.

It will be no unforced changes after a solid win.
In Amiss
Out Draper

Rearrange magnets. Jackson fills Young’s role in the middle and Young goes back as the third tall back.

Few different things we can do. Richmond doesn’t have a huge fwd line anyway. Having potentially the 3js and Voss who is mobile isn’t lumbering tbh.

Think Jackson can be used elsewhere for now. Potentially a roaming CHB or as I mentioned above more of a mid.

Switta has body issues, just rest him up.

Team looks better with a few hard nuts. I’d swap Davies for Draper.
Rest Sonny for Simpson, gives both players time at home.
Unfortunately Amiss comes in for Voss. Switta to return as sub.
We need to blood a few more boys which will serve us well next year.

Voss' draft profile mentions that he's a utility and can be used forward and back, what are the chances he trains in the defence group this week and is used to cover Cox/McDonald/Draper's spot?
I like Emmett for his pressure, but switkowski is an upgrade on that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back