News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

d59bb47a4cd99f55c740efd30941a0c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's devastated he got roped into wearing long pants.

The obsession is just getting weird now, guys.

View attachment 1970803

Im sick of the HR obsession from the west as much as the next person, but must admit this gave me a good chuckle…

Also funny seeing a the purples continue to be triggered by this whole bit.

Im sick of the HR obsession from the west as much as the next person, but must admit this gave me a good chuckle…

Also funny seeing a the purples continue to be triggered by this whole bit.
I couldn’t stand it until I realised how much it p****d freo supporters off. Now I don’t know what to think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1970810

"s**t, did I leave the iron on??"

He's devastated he got roped into wearing long pants.

Aware Tommy Cole and Jacko Nelson (along with Will Schofield, Matt Spangher and others) are doing the Kokoda Track at the end of this year, and they have their own personal stories and reasons for doing it.
Attempted humour at images of people at a Dawn service is not my cup of tea, but you do you.

Last edited:
Aware Tommy Cole and Jacko Nelson (along with Will Schofield, Matt Spangher and others) are doing the Kokoda Track at the end of this year, and they have their own personal stories and reasons for doing it.
Attempted humour at images of people at a Dawn service is not my cup of tea, but you do you.

I just thought Jacko looked freezing cold.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His face is caught in a funny moment with a look more like disgust than sadness. I don't think anyone is trying to say that we should take the ANZACs and their hardship and sacrifice lightly or are making Nelson feel less for his reflection.

Jeepers

Yeah, it's great to see someone actually reflecting on ANZAC day. If you really try and put yourself in the shoes of 18 year olds in war, it gets pretty dark pretty quickly.
Which many of the modern Anzac services fail to do, it's all about mythologising the Anzacs, painting them as courageous heroes sent to bring peace, not scared children dying alone for another nation's pointless posturing. Trying to draw in even more pointless conflicts under its umbrella, like Iraq and Afghanistan. I've been to Gallipoli, it's pretty grim. If you stopped for even a second to imagine yourself at 18 trying to climb that hill, knowing you're gonna die, it'd make you cry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back