Preview Lions v Kangaroos Gather Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to him. Someone needs to play on the oppositions worst forward each week

“On the field he's as disciplined and determined as they come. You simply don't last this long if you're not.

In the 2020 Finals series he outplayed Jack Riewoldt and Patrick Dangerfield in his two primary one-on-one assignments, and there's little doubt he's playing as well now as then.”

- Danny Daly on Ryan Lester, June 2023.

Last edited:

I love this idea. Pick Robertson in the middle and stick with him. It means Fagan has to ‘un-whipping boy’ him.
We never seem to play Dev in his actual best position, inside midfielder. I get that in a fully fit team there are too many ahead of him in the position, but why can't he get a chance there when we have multiple injuries and players out of form? It's confusing.

Dunkley effectively replaced Lyons in the midfield and then Zorko was replaced by Ashcroft. Still havent really actually added another new mid into the rotation.

I still think that we over rely on too few in the midfield with the main 2/3 including Oscar doing about 80% of the load. We just randomly throw bits and pieces players through for like 1 bounce at a time but with little logic and consistency.

We have a guy like Dev who has played one quarter on the ball (full lockdown tag on Serong) in the last 2 games. I like his pressure but he isnt a natural forward but thats all he did last week (1 CBA is the same amount Hipwood had). Just seems like a waste to have him in the team but not get him on the ball for even like 5-8 mins a quarter. If you want a pressure forward, play Ah Chee or Lohman properly there - they will be better in the forward line and probably not much worse if only on ball for 30secs

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Darcy Gardiner back in the team instead of Morris.
As good as the kid is going at the moment, not convinced he is quite ready.
My perception of young Logan is he shops early then goes missing. His 5 goals in the scratch match, 3 of them came in the first, and I think it's been similar in the VFL. I'd like to see him sustain his output for a full 4 quarters, at either level.

Who on earth arranges meetings on Friday arvos anyway honestly 🤦🤦

A lot of people have flexible work arrangements or work 3-4 days a week. So organising a meeting involving more than 2 people is like trying to drive through Nerang without being robbed by bandits, very challenging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My perception of young Logan is he shops early then goes missing. His 5 goals in the scratch match, 3 of them came in the first, and I think it's been similar in the VFL. I'd like to see him sustain his output for a full 4 quarters, at either level.

Thought he did well in round two. Got his goals early, missed a few later in the game but did get two goals assists. Also played up the ground more in the second half and was on the wing multiple times.

I mean for an away trip that gives us potential tall forward, tall back, inside mid and outside (or at least more flexible mid). It covers all bases except ruck really.

Im really hopeful that we give Morris a run now. Its the perfect game to blood a young tall and give him a taste. Similarly Lohman and Tunstill should really be given full games here

Bit worried Neale's body is falling apart tbh.

Obviously a concern but a good opportunity for others to step up. The problem we've had is the coaching staff never allow any players an opportunity to develop in the top side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back