Unofficial Preview Changes v North - Gather Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Fletcher played any footy down back at all?

I think our biggest issue is our drive and ball use from defence. He seems like a possibility to swing back there and break some lines, I also don’t mind his aerial work and has a pretty tidy disposal.

Also people have been saying Motty has been good this year, I think he has regressed on last years form. Kicking is all over the shop, just bangs it long and high and won’t Pierce the defence to find a target. Also has made some poor errors at times getting caught or giving away a free kick.

I have faith that Wilmot will be a good player for us but he is one of many players out of form right now. Kiddie and McKenna are huge losses so far for us and we haven’t found any replacements that could work yet. Zorks was good at times but at his age and height he isnt able to defend well enough and can’t rely on 20+ games
Wilmot was our clear BOG in round one in both BigFooty, Roar Dea and coaches votes.

Remember when Daniher and Hipwood weren't going to get us anywhere as key forwards after 3 games last season and how stupid that turned out to be?
Daniher and Hippy didn't get us anywhere last year. What's worked for us has been our midfields dominance that allowed us to get wins with 2 poor tall forwards. If we had a Curnow, or Chol, or Larkey or Cameron or Langford or Naughton or pretty much ANY other tall forward in the league we would be cruising.

No. It is actually on the prime-time timeslot of 4:10 AEST instead!!

Looks like I’ll be ‘wfh’ on Friday then.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

I took the rest of the weekend off footy for my mental health. So no idea what most of what has been said here.

For North I have no idea if we need to go harsh and drop several underperforming players and back some kids in. Or do we drop the same 2-3 whipping boys and back that an "easy kill" will spark form back. Definitely worried that this will be just like Gunston's 6 goals against WCE last year and massively paper over the cracks. North has basically no tall back depth so who ever plays forward should be able to load up.

Definitely no to Lohman as the sub. Stupid to play as small forward as a sub (or a ruckman). Give Lohman a full game or drop him - he clearly looks to have been better playing a full game.

Massive worries still about our midfield. Its clearly got worse in Neale or bust. I have no idea how we seem to suck at giving anyone else enough mid time to actually develop there

I took the rest of the weekend off footy for my mental health. So no idea what most of what has been said here.

For North I have no idea if we need to go harsh and drop several underperforming players and back some kids in. Or do we drop the same 2-3 whipping boys and back that an "easy kill" will spark form back. Definitely worried that this will be just like Gunston's 6 goals against WCE last year and massively paper over the cracks. North has basically no tall back depth so who ever plays forward should be able to load up.

Definitely no to Lohman as the sub. Stupid to play as small forward as a sub (or a ruckman). Give Lohman a full game or drop him - he clearly looks to have been better playing a full game.

Massive worries still about our midfield. Its clearly got worse in Neale or bust. I have no idea how we seem to suck at giving anyone else enough mid time to actually develop there
Tbh Dunkley been pretty underwhelming imo.

I hadn’t seen a lot.of the Dogs but I was expecting much more. Probably just came for the pay check and so much for this redemption we kept hearing about for sipping at a crucial stage in the GF.

I hadn’t seen a lot.of the Dogs but I was expecting much more. Probably just came for the pay check and so much for this redemption we kept hearing about for sipping at a crucial stage in the GF.

Dunkley was good last year and I don't think we make the GF without him. But to me he's a specific, complementary piece - a defensive mid who should still win his own ball. We're not getting that at the moment.

So, it is Dunkleys turn to cop it now.
It won't be long before some posters move onto Neale.

Dunkley is playing the role he is given.
I think it should change slightly with a bit more offense play but that's just my opinion.

Dunkley was good last year and I don't think we make the GF without him. But to me he's a specific, complementary piece - a defensive mid who should still win his own ball. We're not getting that at the moment.

I thought he's been OK defensively in two of the three games (matched up on Cripps and De Goey) while getting decent disposal numbers around the ground. Hasn't been as strong in the contest this year though.

I think it should change slightly with a bit more offense play but that's just my opinion.

The only player we are allowed to like is some untalented VFL scrub who throws his body around to make it seem like he cares. Everyone else is a coaches pet.

The only player we are allowed to like is some untalented VFL scrub who throws his body around to make it seem like he cares. Everyone else is a coaches pet.
If you take out "VFL" you've described my entire multi-sporting life. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name names! Who is this scrub! I’ll bag him!

So we drop the whippping boys and give mulligans to the usual suspects. Culture? More of the same? We beat North and treat it like the Gunston game against West Coast? Everything ok - nothing to see here? Gunners is back except against North it will be Bez, Hippy, Payne and Noah are back! I was right all along says Fages?

More like drop the underperforming guys and a guy who has no place in todays fast moving game

More like drop the underperforming guys and a guy who has no place in todays fast moving game
So we are agreed! Berry, Hipwood, Payne and Answerth are gone. I knew you would come around to my way of thinking.

No he’s not. I’m just simply saying that my expectations, not yours, but my expectation was that he’d be a lot more dominant a player. I was wrong. I prefaced it by saying I did not want watch much of the Dogs but reputationally I thought he was more a standout type of player. Cut out the nonsense that it’s his turn to cop it. What are you starting? Can’t someone on a bloody forum of all places comment that they’ve been underwhelmed by a player or is that too sensitive for you?

Lester in the top 5 for the reverse Coleman.
Wouldnt surprise he (and most of our defence) have had a few kicked on them every game. Lester has also been unlucky when he got moved onto players too big for him when Gardiner got hurt. I like Lester as a third tall utility, but he isnt big enough to play taller than that - we really need Payne to get his mojo back (I think he was ok on the weekend)

Change the personnel, or don't, I don't really care. But change the bloody strategy. Should be a fine for each player that bombs it in inside 50. Similarly, a fine for a half assed tackle attempt. Really no point in changing the players if the strategy is still just Oztag tackling and bombing inside 50 and hoping for the best.

I didn't see the game (thankfully) but I'm sure someone posted that Berry had a decent game V Pies?
Decent might be a bit strong, still managed a couple of oof and wasteful plays, but if your comparison is the previous 2 weeks then yeah, decent. Pretty sure he'd still be dropped from any other starting list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back