Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 6 v Cats @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets better.

"Earlier, Adrian Anderson referred to Jordan Dawson's tackle on Carlton No.4 Lochie O'Brien.

The AFL points out O'Brien was "unfortunately delisted" at the end of last year and the player tackled was Ollie Hollands."
Is Adrian Anderson basically a real life Lionel Hutz? Next I expect to hear him move for a bad court thingy.

He's the pits as a lawyer. Besides being very annoying.

Just unable to resonate or impact at all for the client.

Except negatively.

"Adrian Anderson has just asked to be excused because he is appearing in the VFL Tribunal to represent the Suns in 30 minutes."

I'm guessing he must be cheap. :D

Nice each way bet. Pleaded guilty, based on available evidence is trying to downgrade from medium to low. Failing which making a case based on character reference across 200 games.

I dont like that Anderson didnt go on for another 2 hours like Cripps lawyer did, but since he's running between AFL and VFL tribunal we get what we paid for.

At least he's a bit better than Harris Andrews "I heard his teeth clatter" defense from few years back. That was an own goal with zero prep that time

I have no clear memory of the tribunal using good character as a mitigating factor… am I wrong?
Not sure, but that 200+ games with no suspension is surely helping Charlie's case.

I have no clear memory of the tribunal using good character as a mitigating factor… am I wrong?

Likely a strategy to impact consideration of the actual arguments we have put forward, ie there are six clear reasons why this should be low contact. This guys played 200 games without issue and you’re going to suspend him for this?

I don’t think it’s a serious argument in the alternative. It may have also been the only reason the tribunal accepted the character reference stuff?

Pretty sure they've allowed a good bloke defence before, but I'm not sure they've ever used it as a reason to lower a suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Charlie Cameron’s one-match ban has been downgraded to a fine. He is free to play in this week’s game against Geelong."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back