Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 6 v Cats @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Charlie's appeal fails do we just go with Outs- Charlie, Zac. Ins- McKenna, Tunstill and shuffle a couple of positions around?

Bailey out for 4-6 weeks throws a spanner in the works, even if he hasn't been in the best of form this year (his Melbourne game was a bit of a return to form).

McKenna back.
I wonder if Tunstill makes the 22 or maybe Dev comes back in

Hopefully McKenna is not simply "back" because Bailey is unavailable. He clearly came back too early for the Freo game because Coleman was out.

This week seemed to be what was mooted for his return for the last few weeks on the injury reports, and ~5 weeks (by the time he plays) is a decent lay off for a hamstring injury.

Hate the injury reports like this when it feels like a blindsided injury accepting that Zac did hurt himself against North. I mean, when a player is injured in a game, you get it, but this feels out of nowhere; particularly the duration he’s expected out.

Think I’d rather something like Prior in to play Zorko’s role and bring Zorko back up forward cover for Bailey / Charlie.

Charlie and Zac are probably two of our most, if not the most attacking players on the list. I feel as though we have to bring someone in with that type of mindset.

I wouldn’t do it myself because I think Zorko has been ok down back and I worry we’re rushing McKenna back again, but I wonder if we simply bring him back and Zorko moves up forward in the Charlie/Zac role.

I'd be reluctant to move Zorko since he's found a niche ,is injury free and firing again. In a way there's less pressure where he is than moving him forward where he becomes the hunted rather than the hunter.

A lot hinges on the outcome of Charlie's appeal. I'd be inclined to play Ah Chee in the forward line if Zac and he are both out

I'd be reluctant to move Zorko since he's found a niche ,is injury free and firing again. In a way there's less pressure where he is than moving him forward where he becomes the hunted rather than the hunter.

A lot hinges on the outcome of Charlie's appeal. I'd be inclined to play Ah Chee in the forward line if Zac and he are both out
How could I forget about Cal; great selection. Whilst different, he is dangerous up forward and can take a grab.

Charlie Cameron has pleaded guilty to the charge, but will try downgrade impact from 'medium' to 'low'.

If this fails, Brisbane argues Cameron's exemplary record and character should come into consideration on penalty.

Low impact would equal a fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Cameron is giving evidence, and is being asked by Adrian Anderson to list all of his accolades.

Charlie Cameron confirms what the AFL Record does not, which is that his weight is 74 kilograms.

LOL! that is my exact weight.

I put this on the mail board.
Charlie should know using that type of tackle is asking for trouble.
If the suspension stays i hope, he learns a personal and team lesson.

Charlies only hope in my opinion is Lever did not have both arms pinned well before contact with the ground.
So, Lever had some control to protect himself from the tackle.

1713252117992.png

1713252211465.png

1713252318558.png

Charlies only hope in my opinion is Lever did not have both arms pinned well before contact with the ground.

1713252117992.png

1713252211465.png

1713252318558.png
It probably deserves a suspension, but it should not get one because of the precedent set by the fine to Vlaustin earlier in the season... plus it was definitely low impact, Lever also noticeably exaggerated the whip lash affect.

It probably deserves a suspension, but it should not get one because of the precedent set by the fine to Vlaustin earlier in the season... plus it was definitely low impact, Lever also noticeably exaggerated the whip lash affect.
I don’t argue that he’s not guilty on current guidelines but the force was low not medium. That was for all to see and also based on Levers contributory negligence in the tackle and driving himself forward. Fine Charlie like Vlaustin and move on and should only affirm that Christian is a bias prick.

It's a good argument but I just think we'll be too tall in the forward line with Ah Chee there, particularly if Rayner also spends time there.

1713252117992.png

1713252211465.png

1713252318558.png
It's never the tackle we have been arguing against. It is 100% a sling tackle and exactly what the afl is ruling out. Its the fact that it was no where near medium impact.

It's a good argument but I just think we'll be too tall in the forward line with Ah Chee there, particularly if Rayner also spends time there.
We probably will be but to me it's still the best option when you look at the other options.

I just think Zorks is really settled where he is and we need him there now with Coleman out , just extra pressure and injury risk in the m/f /forward role where he's struggled with injury the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back