Preview Changes/Preview - Round 9 v Hawthorn (Steven May 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On First Crack King said he thought MRO giving it two weeks, but then the tribunal deciding it’s worth nothing is the right outcome. Weird that he’s changed his tune that much after a day.

Jonathan Brown probably got ahold of him in the fox car park and told him to stop trying to ruin the game and that hes a joke.

Ben Brown in surely. Usually torches us.
Melk kicked 5 against our 2s the other week too.

Ben Brown in surely. Usually torches us.
Melk kicked 5 against our 2s the other week too.
Deny Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

Petty gets a reprieve as a forward unless by some miracle we get JVR off.

I’d keep Turner in for another go with a more suitable match up but if Hibbo is right to go then fair enough if he comes straight back in.

Bit surprised at people wanting Jordon out. Rowell absolutely torched Petracca for a quarter and Jordon had to go onto him and quiet him down. You need someone in the side who can do that and Harmes both doesn’t have the match fitness and also hasn’t been able to do it the last few times he’s been tried at it.

Great points being made in the media. If there's 30 seconds to go and are down by 3 points supporters and coaches absolutely expect JVR to go got that ball. If that's a prelim there's no way you want a game where he short steps to not miss a GF
Watching the game I thought it was an amazing effort from JVR to not give up on the ball.

It was a forceful, fully committed spoil. No malice in it at all. No GC players remonstrating in what was a spiteful game was telling.

Watching the game I thought it was an amazing effort from JVR to not give up on the ball.

It was a forceful, fully committed spoil. No malice in it at all. No GC players remonstrating in what was a spiteful game was telling.
He probably wanted some body, reckon he has that in him but still can't suspend him for it when it's a genuine spoil attempt. GC player could have put the dukes up didn't have to take it in the lap

Harmes will come into the 22 surely? Melksham 23rd?
Spargo was BOG in VFL
ANB quite with 8 touches

Outs - Van Rooyen (Suspended), Turner, ANB
Ins - Brown, Hibberd, Harmes, Spargo/Melksham 23rd

He’s 33 years old but we still look better with Hibberd on defence.
Yep. Still reads it so well and plays tall and small.

Worth getting some games into Howes/Disco whilst we're playing some poorer teams I reckon. I like that we are resting Hibb and generally being a lot more conservative with injuries to older players.

Come September he's probably still in our best team. I guess the only thing that might change that is Salem coming back into the team and finding some form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damo another who decided it was a no look attack and seemed fixed in the optics. Did he ever played footy or is he just a media **** .
How is this guy still getting a gig in the media? Too many of these types give opinions instead of reporting the news. More than happy for ex players to pass on their thoughts and opinions, but Barrett and Hutchy etc can GAGF with their opinions.

How is this guy still getting a gig in the media? Too many of these types give opinions instead of reporting the news. More than happy for ex players to pass on their thoughts and opinions, but Barrett and Hutchy etc can GAGF with their opinions.
I feel hutchy doesn't do much anymore considering he's doing pretty well now with croc media. Barrett is works for the AFL so his opinions mean jack. But yes footy media is a cesspool.

Petty - out. No more chances, go find form in the VFL.
May should be out but his name is Steven May. Been poor for weeks.

I want Spargo and Hibbo back in.
I think Hibbo will be straight back in for the hawks. As we manage him through the early part of the season, and no flying atmo. dTurner goes back to Casey.

BBB might be getting closer.?
they were actually checking for a neck injury from it…
This is exactly what I thought, from the time of the contest. possible neck injury. Because there was no real head contact, that would result in a player being prostrate on the ground.
But his neck did bend to one side, as the bodies brushed each other.

Game 200 for Steven May this week, too.

Hopefully the milestone helps him kick back into some of his best form (still not convinced he's 100%).

That aside, he's been a huge part of our success since crossing over from the Suns and the best KPD in the league for a few years now. Well done, Maysie

I took more joy out of being right about May being a great trade than the flag.

Cant stop laughing, getting more joy out of being right about the May trade than the first flag you've ever seen following the club for over 30 years. I love how spiteful you are mate. :tearsofjoy:

Cant stop laughing, getting more joy out of being right about the May trade than the first flag you've ever seen following the club for over 30 years. I love how spiteful you are mate. :tearsofjoy:
Haha it wasn't the people who were unsure about it, it was the ones who thought the club was ruined, Mahoney was bent over etc that I get the joy out of. They had such a strong opinion yet clearly never watched May actually play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back