Trades 2024 Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to absolutely take one, who do we think has better JS Drury or Biggie? Seems like not many think Biggie will last too much longer. Wondering if Drury might hang around in the team a little longer.
Biggie a massive spud won't be on an AFL list soon.

Drury was a spud last year ,,,and still Wookie priced 😂..

Biggie a massive spud won't be on an AFL list soon.

Drury was a spud last year ,,,and still Wookie priced 😂..
And yet there’s Biggy, at #3

IMG_4080.jpeg

It’s a disgrace what Nicks has done to Laird. Can’t possibly hold him what what I’ve seen the last two weeks watching the Crows. Have been watching closely as I’ve had him ever year, wanted to start him and on the early upgrade radar, but too many cheapies in Steele and Touk got the nod. Shadow of his former self. Rowell won’t get any cheaper and is a tackling beast which helps. If it was me I’d do that trade, which probably means you shouldn’t given my track record this year 🤣
I know you’re a Lairdy fan. That’s why I asked you.

Thinking…

Laird>Rowell
Zwilliams>Macrae
Sharp>rookie

I know you’re a Lairdy fan. That’s why I asked you.

Thinking…

Laird>Rowell
Zwilliams>Macrae
Sharp>rookie
Don’t like the Macrae trade. Been sub and played out of position all year. Bevo doing the right thing for one week doesn’t mean he will again. Rather watch more. I’d prefer Rankine at the same price if you need a forward. Although it’s such a s**t show down there I’m concentrating on upgrading MID and DEF first.

Walsh or Crippa?

Will Walsh’s dodgey back hold up? Crippa is have a pretty consistent year thus far but we all know he can go low

Both similarly priced as well

Needed some professional advice on my team so decided to take a drive into the bush to ask the professionals. Commonly known by the locals as the Spud Farm.
IMG_5534.jpeg

They kindly said there is nothing to do with the spud of a team I had and my plans of cross breeding into my team both Walsh and Dawson at the cost of Powell and McGrath was not the best idea.
They said what they do there is try to breed the best and biggest pest resilient Potatoes that have the qualities from their observations my team lacked.

Drove home and pondered their wisdom.
And then a ray of sunshine came out of the clouds and almost blinded me.

The answer to my problems is Gawn!!
He’s big, Tasty and solves future problems by not having to plan to get him in later.. also move Jackson back to fwd line which slightly improves the mess I had made there and finally not trading out 2 field able options in McGrath and Powell (fix them up in the byes).

Gives me a look at Dawson with Crouch together which is sage advice.

Cost was big for the big man though and most probably will backfire as trades turned out as.

Outs: Sanders, Darcy & either Zilliams or Massimo (see who’s named during round)

Ins: H.Garcia, Drury(diseased spud alert) and the big chip Gawn!!

Last boost used.

Going to have to be creative from here til the end of the byes to be full Premo.

I smell some sideways oil cooking.

Needed some professional advice on my team so decided to take a drive into the bush to ask the professionals. Commonly known by the locals as the Spud Farm.
View attachment 1968762

They kindly said there is nothing to do with the spud of a team I had and my plans of cross breeding into my team both Walsh and Dawson at the cost of Powell and McGrath was not the best idea.
They said what they do there is try to breed the best and biggest pest resilient Potatoes that have the qualities from their observations my team lacked.

Drove home and pondered their wisdom.
And then a ray of sunshine came out of the clouds and almost blinded me.

The answer to my problems is Gawn!!
He’s big, Tasty and solves future problems by not having to plan to get him in later.. also move Jackson back to fwd line which slightly improves the mess I had made there and finally not trading out 2 field able options in McGrath and Powell (fix them up in the byes).

Gives me a look at Dawson with Crouch together which is sage advice.

Cost was big for the big man though and most probably will backfire as trades turned out as.

Outs: Sanders, Darcy & either Zilliams or Massimo (see who’s named during round)

Ins: H.Garcia, Drury(diseased spud alert) and the big chip Gawn!!

Last boost used.

Going to have to be creative from here til the end of the byes to be full Premo.

I smell some sideways oil cooking.
Trading in Gawn @ nearly $700k and trading out Darcy this early, you're definitely cooking something...

Surely you have more pressing needs you can address than bringing in the most expensive player in the comp, you should post your team.

I think you'd be better off addressing some of your more pressing needs over trading Jackson tbh, he's probably worth keeping around as a F6 by the end of the season, and it's probably only a matter of time before Darcy cops another injury again.

You have a slew of mid priced players who are spinning their wheels and going nowhere fast (Bramble, D'Ambrosio, Williams), and some rookies that are leaking money like a sieve (McKercher, Sanders), plus 3 dead rookies on your bench (Carrol, Sexton, Clark). IMO You should focus on getting the rookies off the field and turning some of your mid pricers into premos whilst trying to fix your cash generation before the bye rounds hit.

Hugo Garcia looks to be a solid choice this week for a rookie on the bubble, and it's probably not too late to grab Will Graham ($187k, BE-45), probably look to trade out Sanders & McKercher for some decent cash, as they are only going to decrease in value for the foreseeable future. If you have any boosts available, you can then upgrade one of your Mid Pricers to a sexy Premo (probably Williams this round) and then look to upgrade the other Mid Pricers over the next few weeks, as there are some good value fallen premos going for cheap over the next several rounds (English, Daicos, Bontempelli, Petracca, Rozee, Stewart just to name a few).

Last edited:
Gone a little hell for leather with the trades, one boost remaining after this week. Initially was set on Sanders > Walsh as the final trade, but I prefer the $171k in the bank for the coming weeks. Ended up going:

Meek > H. Garcia
Zilliams > Daicos
Sanders > Macrae via Reid

Next week I'm hoping to go Sharp>rookie and D'Ambrosio>Green via Roberts. Will still then hopefully have ~$150k in the bank.

Ranked around 10k, but feeling alright with the team.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 2.56.17 PM.png

Hit that mfing boost button baby!

Williams > Aleer
Sanders > Garcia
J.Clark > Walsh

Leaves 275k in the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:
Williams and Short
In:
Garcia (STK version) NDaicos (Def end) and Roberts swung back to fit Garcia.

Was going to burn another boost but Yze thwarted that plan by dropping McAuliffe

* it. I’m trading in Naismith to R2 and swinging Jackson forward.

Allows me to dump Zilliams, Sanders, Uwland for Rowell, Garcia, Naismith this week
Massimo to Bont straight swap next week.
With JHF to Trac the week after
Two rookies left on field up forward where it’s a s**t show anyway

It’s a crazy move, but my season is shot, no point playing safe.

Worst case I end up with Naismith dead at R3.
Yze is a shittruck who should have been playing Naismith since Balta and Lynch went down. If he did I wouldn't have had to waste trades bringing in Meek.

Also Kosi is just straight awful so I'm mad at him for 2 reasons.

Is Nick Blakey worth picking up? Ive got 576k to spend which can be spent on any line.

I'm struggling to find someone I like at that price - went Walsh last week, weary of Dawson once Crouch is back in, Macrae is one bad game off being Bevo'd.

Dempsey > H. Garcia
Williams > Blakey

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 10.33.29 am.png

could you not have got those players in to those positions otherwise?
I haven't had a proper look but I'm thinking that OPTIMISE might give you extra flexibility that would normally only be possible when switching players between lines whilst trading.

I use the OPTIMISE button with caution as it sometimes put players on field or as E or on a line where you don't really want them , so always triple-check after using it

Have been surviving with 2 dead rookies in defence but the Stewart concussion finally forces the trade of Coffield. With insufficient capital to make an upgrade without a boost decided downgrade Carroll to Naismith.

Coffield > Riley Garcia, Carroll > Naismith using DPP magic. If Nyuon is named on field I'll grab him rather than Garcia.

Figure Livingstone to F8 enables some loophole options and makes it easy to cash out Naismith if he ever makes money.

Next week I'll probably Roughy Reid back in and grab a mid keeper. Why did I ever get vanilla Powell in my team?

Those ranked in the top 1% are u looking to trade stew this week?

Just not sure if its worth given i can get two upgrades this week and that will generate more points across the season...

I wonder what previous winners did in this scenario
Not top 1% but my 2 cents. There's 3 possible options with Stew. Hold, up or down. Hold is the obvious given it's a week. That said with the lack of rookies I am thinking about going down to a mid pricer to facilitate some cash in a safer way than a fringe rookie.

Say Stew > Dale frees up 100K, Dale with the 175 washing through and Hawks / Tigers in the next 3 weeks prob makes 100K while Stew misses at least 1 week and has his 60 washing through for 2 more. Dale not part of the end game but maybe a safer may to free up coin than a fringe rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back