Review Round 5 - Hawthorn @ PF Stadium - 13th April 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we think is going on with Humphrey this year?

A bit like Rowell last year.
Trying to break tackles and/or burst out of stoppage, but getting stopped atm.
Rowell had plenty of these last year, this year not so much. Built his body a bit more, worked on his technique, just got better.

You have to take on the oppo around the ball and beat them if you want quick and quality ball going forward, don't give their mids and wingers a chance to get back and set up.

So I hope Humper sticks at it. His ability to win the footy and then power away with the pill is what can make him A grade and what can help us actually win games against good teams.

Big test this week, I've never heard such positive stuff about GC from vic media and now we have our first of 6 matches against NM, WC and Hawthorn. Must put them away - and can't take them lightly. They just loss to the reigning premiers by a kick. Boys will feel good bout their effort, but lets get them singing the song snd move into a positive win loss record

Big test this week, I've never heard such positive stuff about GC from vic media and now we have our first of 6 matches against NM, WC and Hawthorn. Must put them away - and can't take them lightly. They just loss to the reigning premiers by a kick. Boys will feel good bout their effort, but lets get them singing the song snd move into a positive win loss record
They and supporters need to know that we're not that good yet and this game will be a massive danger game if they start believing the Vic hype which is always double bladed. They'd love Hawks to win so they can bash Dimma and the Suns again. Do NOT take this lightly as Hawthorn are at a similar stage of development and just as likely to win.

They and supporters need to know that we're not that good yet and this game will be a massive danger game if they start believing the Vic hype which is always double bladed. They'd love Hawks to win so they can bash Dimma and the Suns again. Do NOT take this lightly as Hawthorn are at a similar stage of development and just as likely to win.
Sounds like mini-GF talk!!!

1 goal across 3 games. Barely impacted in RD 0, confidence looks off.

I thought he was rather good on Sunday, Especially his deliveries inside 50. Low fast and accurate like gulden In all seriousness, lower goals due to him playing on ball rather than in the forward pocket like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s why this is a MINI GF.
A loss would see our season falling away rapidly.

Don’t lose this. It’s not acceptable.
Best 22 and use needles if necessary.

And the supporters need to be extra motivated too to nullify the biased and disgraceful VFL umpires.

Streamers out. It’s MINI GF week.

Do not lose.

That’s why this is a MINI GF.
A loss would see our season falling away rapidly.

Don’t lose this. It’s not acceptable.
Best 22 and use needles if necessary.

And the supporters need to be extra motivated too to nullify the biased and disgraceful VFL umpires.

Streamers out. It’s MINI GF week.

Do not lose.

Agreed, biggest game of the year so far!! I am positive though. Also feel we had the rub of the green in our first two home games hope that stays the case this week

Hope the weather stays clear could be a great opportunity for King and Walter to cash in against the hawks backs.

Just watch out for Blake Hardwick. The bloke has come from nowhere up forward lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home crowd noise/affirmation goes a long way! Just saying.
The problem we often encounter is the opposition supporters are either louder or show up in greater numbers than us and we get drowned out on our own ground. This is why Dimma made it clear when he signed on that he wants at least 70% of the crowd to be our fans in the future so we stand a chance in terms of umpiring decisions. It's a luxury that's afforded to teams like Richmond and Dimma knows that it's a factor that currently plays against us both interstate and on our home ground.

Last edited:
Hi Suns fans. Could someone please explain to me, what's the deal with Lukosius? I thought he'd finally found his position last year up forward, but now Hardwick has pushed him back again? Where does he fit in best for the team?

Hi Suns fans. Could someone please explain to me, what's the deal with Lukosius? I thought he'd finally found his position last year up forward, but now Hardwick has pushed him back again? Where does he fit in best for the team?
As per Hardwick presser he loves having Luko back with ball in hands. It looks like Hardwick want good ball users to initiate our rebounds - Powell, Lukosious and against GWS also Flanders. Andrew and Uwland are also good kicks (mostly, still learning). Luko did float occasionally forward.

My guess is that Hardwick will persist with Luko down back for now despite Luko saying he prefers to play forward. We also have Jeffrey who could play similar role.

There is question how to accommodate all our talls with now Read also playing.

Personally, I would play Luko like last year but what do I know. The team balance looked very good against GWS and we moved the ball well but more tweaks expected as per Dimma saying that they still work on optimal line-up.

If we want to push for the eight or close to it, these are the games we need to win at home. Hawks will be very dangerous and not many teams go 0-5 so they are due for a win.

I wonder if Micky Barlow had any input to Clohesy getting to us
Always felt he was massively underused and underrated with us but seems to have not held a grudge or sniped about it like others

In his interview Barlow (I forgot where) admitted he behave a bit like a dick when with Suns but had only good things to say about Suns.

With all the hype around the youngsters this week could we see a Rogers debut this week?? Not sure who would come out unless it was for a smaller set-up, then could be Read.

With all the hype around the youngsters this week could we see a Rogers debut this week?? Not sure who would come out unless it was for a smaller set-up, then could be Read.
Probably would of been announced by now, Wednesday is main training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back