Wrestling Merchandise thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ponyboy curtis!!

Can't remember anything else about it tbh. The movie had Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon and a few other notables iirc.

Also just received two boxes of the 2022 AEW trading cards, as I like collecting. Overalll ok, but disappointed the last 5 packs of the second box were entirely duplicates of packs of the first box. Different inserts, but I expected more.

I collected the 2021 set - the sorting of cards was so bad. You saw the first 1-2 standard cards of the pack, you had a pretty good idea of all the standards that were going to be in a pack. It was bananas, I've never seen anything like it.

I was going to collect the 2023 series, but they've already released a bunch of the e-cards that you cash in, and they're expensive to buy off the secondary market. There were 4 of those additional cards in the 2021 set and I think I spent $20-30 each for them.

I mentioned on the previous page that I've started buying/re-buying Classic Superstars figs that I had to sell a couple of years ago.

I went to an antique toy store today - I swear to god, the 2 figures that I bought are the exact ones that I sold 2 years ago. I'm 99% this store has just had them on a shelf for 2 years. (Pretty sure I've only ended up paying what I got for them as well.)

Managed to find not one, but two big lots of Classic Superstar figures this week. I wasn't in a rush to buy so many, I didn't want to be screwing people on prices and it was going to take me a while to afford stuff.

But I had 2 contacts that needed the money, and they were going to sell them cheap to someone, so it might as well be me!

I'm only really collecting the single packs, because I've also gone down the path of sourcing Ringside Collectables and 1 of 3000 figures - buying the two and three packs is a whole other rabbit hole, especially when there are so many 2-pack Ringside Collectables, and they seem to hold their value a little better than the singles, and it's pretty much impossible to get bargains on them.

A couple of the pieces aren't in as good a shape as I'd like packaging wise - but the price I paid for a couple of genuine grails made up for it.

Another PW Crate turned up today - it felt like it was quite quick this month.

I think I'm almost ready to turn it off though. It's not that I don't like the shirts - it's that 1) the exchange rate got rubbish over the last 2 weeks, and 2) if you also have the AEW Crate, that's 32 new wrestling shirts a year - its just too many, I don't need them all.

90% of the PWCrate shirts seem to be AEW people anyway, so I'm thinking I might turn off the PWCrate (they've already taken money for next month) and leave the AEW Crate running, at once a quarter rather than once a month, it's a lot more manageable.

Interesting box this month though:

IMG_3612.jpg

I have a really similar shirt in his more traditional maroon. (I think PWTees call it cardinal red) Great shirt, I really like it - that's why I bought it in the first place! I didn't need a 2nd one in the "exclusive colour" though.

IMG_3613.jpg

I think this Jay White shirt is interesting. I wouldn't ordinarily ever buy a "face shirt", but there's something about this. And I've been meaning to get a Jay White shirt, so no complaints.

Then I got a surprise that I didn't pay for - I only get the box with the 2 tshirts in it, but this month they sent me the 8x10 too. Of course, they chose to send me the 8x10 on the least exciting month possible.

If anyone wants this, let me know and I'll post it to you. It's very likely to end up in the bin otherwise.

IMG_3611.jpg

7mt0geufrnlb1.jpg

stop ruining shirt designs by putting text/logos on the back!

Managed to find not one, but two big lots of Classic Superstar figures this week.

It got back to me this week that one of these blokes regrets selling some of his figures to me and is trying to re-buy them.

How am I meant to feel about this? He's going to pay at least 50% more for them than what I paid him if he's actively searching for them/making offers/having to bend over on ebay. I know it's not my money any more, but come on mate, what a waste!

It got back to me this week that one of these blokes regrets selling some of his figures to me and is trying to re-buy them.

How am I meant to feel about this? He's going to pay at least 50% more for them than what I paid him if he's actively searching for them/making offers/having to bend over on ebay. I know it's not my money any more, but come on mate, what a waste!
don't feel guilty, not your problem.

My final PWCrate before I’ve switched them off arrived today. Shame about the timing, the spoiler for next month indicates there miiight be a
Generico
tshirt.

Or maybe it’s a micro brawler, which I wouldn’t care about.

I’ll have AEW Crate tshirts tomorrow or the next day too I think, this bloody crate sat out at Sunshine for nearly 3 weeks.

Anyway, I really like this T-shirt - it’s olive, that doesn’t really come through the pic
47d4fbac376274623eabc792fd9dbda3.jpg

AEW crate showed up today. I really like this shirt, I’m just not sure whether I’d wear this colour…

e312eb792bdd59d5e617f488b6e1ccde.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t love this one, I actually had to double check the card to see that it was Saraya. I was hoping for Toni :(

220d96a0620d70fc79ae60e7f66f19f6.jpg

Then this was a real nice surprise - I didn’t pay for this as part of my crate, it just turned up. I think I’ll have fun rewatching it

bda3392d8ac9828ca8adde5a9dd688ed.jpg

I think that's meant to be El Diablo from the first Suicide Squad movie

what's up with Macho Man having a ginger beard and being the same skin colour as the rock though haha
Bald Rock looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin a bit too.

Another AEW crate turned up today. They aren’t who I hoped, but I’m in love with both the designs.

f327d378202560fa03ed8500c478829a.jpg

edit: Bloody PWTees...

This shirt is a completely different size to the FTR one. It's like the black shirts have "standard" sizing, and the colours - even something like this charcoal - are a lucky dip. Makes me nervous when I get coloured shirts now.

I went early with the self pat on the back/change to a smaller size shirt, and the FTR one is perfect - while the Copeland one probably would've been perfect if I'd left it as the previous size.

e71d91947eb75a3e0b393e7cdfd4a3cb.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta get off marketplace/ebay/gumtree et al.

About 4-5 months ago I mentioned that I was re-buying and expanding upon my collection of Classic Superstars figures - still the best range ever made.

Over the last week I came across one guy who had a few of my "grail pieces". I wasn't really actively looking, other than having saved searches, but the one buyer had multiple, which meant I had to negotiate a deal, which I've done today spending a stupid amount of money. (It's actually an ok deal, I'd comfortably get my money back if I ever had to sell them.)

And now I've started expanding it beyond Classic Superstars just a touch as well, due to (in)availability of some of my faves in Classic Superstars - the TNA Legends series were made by Jakks Classic and are the spiritual successor to the series, with figures of Sting (x2), Angle, Raven and Styles available (though the Raven and Styles are heinously expensive.) I'll eventually just grab one of the early Mattel Macho Mans... sadly I'll probably remain sans-Steamboat, cos I'm a MOC collector and I've never seen a figure + box design of Steamboat that I thought justified a place in my collection.

-----

I've been reminded this week that one of the great things about Classic/Legends lines is that, in 2024, you generally know if they're a shitty person or not - you either rationalise it, or you don't buy the figure in the first place. There aren't many guys from that Classics line - other than Vince ironically - where you're still finding out new information about them.

But while I was on this run of figure collecting, I came across an amazing Brock Lesnar figure that I had to have. After the last week though? He's gone to the box of damaged figures in the back of my cupboard that I don't really have a use for :(

Last edited:
50B296CE-CD75-4B73-AC51-0826320A1F57.jpeg
Coupla WWF figures I found in my dad’s garage.

“Road Dog” Jesse James looks like his heading to the local massage parlour after smoking a gram of meth. Back of his t says “suck it!” lol, can’t be saying that in this boring PC era.

I think I musta “customised” Brutas Beefcake? Remember he had a mask on after his boating accident? I just added that detail via an old Bic ciggie lighter by the looks of it. Brutus the Meltface Beefcake or something.

Cheeky Kerry Von Erich figure at the bottom. One of my favourite wrestlers as a kid (“The Texas Tornado”). Can’t wait to see the Iron Claw!

I think I musta “customised” Brutas Beefcake? Remember he had a mask on after his boating accident? I just added that detail via an old Bic ciggie lighter by the looks of it. Brutus the Meltface Beefcake or something.

Cheeky Kerry Von Erich figure at the bottom. One of my favourite wrestlers as a kid (“The Texas Tornado”). Can’t wait to see the Iron Claw!

I picked up a heap of Hasbro WWF figures at the Camberwell Market years ago. Hulk, Savage, Kerry, the Legion of Doom, Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, Jake Roberts - it was a mistake. Being an obsessive type, I now want the entire collection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back