Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Buss goes then dogs need to find another KPD in the draft. Thankfully the finding of JOD and Khamis coming on means that there's no need to worry about Buss's departure as much. Luckily there seems to be a few out of contract at the end of the year or next year that dogs might go for if needed. Likely Keath will retire. Gards not sure what will come of him but I hear he's making a name for himself as a ruck by the vfl development reports. Probably look for a depth kpd or go for DBG and hope he improves.
God I hope not.

At this point Buss hasn’t developed enough to force his way into the AFL side - watching the VFL, he has not dominated against any significant opposition.

This isn’t a criticism - he is in track to be very good but if he is complaining to his manager that he hasn’t played then his is in dreamland. Khamis has been killing it, Jones is a star and JOD is in front of him, including his return from injury game, body size and speed.

With Barass and McGovern, he is going to replace McGovern as he ages but is similarly behind and not anymore likely to play. Pearce and Cox - even more behind.

We are perfect for him. Jones has max one more year and will miss games next year - he plays a few at the back end of this year, build muscle needed to play on big KPFs, half the games next year and perfect set up for a long career.

The break your contract for more money thing now been pushed by managers with young players to break the early earnings restrictions is really damaging for clubs who invest in players. A few happen every year but most of the time is just rumours.

It is not that easy to ply a young player out of a team. We need to agree to a trade or only option is the draft.

The rumour mill can produce smoke but he may well be happy developing a great career and not anymore involved than any other player exploring options.

WCE would need to make a or he can go to North. Do we get compo in that case?

So we put a couple of years development into Busslinger a first rounder and then he allegedly cuts and runs back home? How very Geelong? If true, f*** it, play hardball all the way. First rounder or they can get stuffed. Do not get bent over, Dogs. We're not a breeding farm.
It's risky taking interstate guys, you can't really cry fowl if they leave.
I'm sure people will even sook it up when Sanders leaves, rather than questioning Beast Mode.

It's risky taking interstate guys, you can't really cry fowl if they leave.
I'm sure people will even sook it up when Sanders leaves, rather than questioning Beast Mode.
4yrs is a long time. Why worry about sanders going to tassie because he got subbed a few times in his first year.

Khamis played well enough when given opportunity prior to this year, but the issue was his tank.

Tall backs need to play high tog% and he just couldn't.

I think he's been properly managed, but essentially the credit goes to him for getting to this point because he's put in the hard work.
His position was also found to be wanting in the early part of his career.

Im not sure if his time forward last year was a way of addressing this or it was a necessity because Footscray's forward stocks for the most part were as bare as a new borns arse.

Either way he has improved out of sight this year and its a credit to him and the coaches that have tuned his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point Buss hasn’t developed enough to force his way into the AFL side - watching the VFL, he has not dominated against any significant opposition.

This isn’t a criticism - he is in track to be very good but if he is complaining to his manager that he hasn’t played then his is in dreamland. Khamis has been killing it, Jones is a star and JOD is in front of him, including his return from injury game, body size and speed.

With Barass and McGovern, he is going to replace McGovern as he ages but is similarly behind and not anymore likely to play. Pearce and Cox - even more behind.

We are perfect for him. Jones has max one more year and will miss games next year - he plays a few at the back end of this year, build muscle needed to play on big KPFs, half the games next year and perfect set up for a long career.

The break your contract for more money thing now been pushed by managers with young players to break the early earnings restrictions is really damaging for clubs who invest in players. A few happen every year but most of the time is just rumours.

It is not that easy to ply a young player out of a team. We need to agree to a trade or only option is the draft.

The rumour mill can produce smoke but he may well be happy developing a great career and not anymore involved than any other player exploring options.

WCE would need to make a or he can go to North. Do we get compo in that case?
It’s probably not him complaining, more so West Coast approaching with an offer. I think he’d quite possibly get games now as a third tall in their set up. So potentially he can go back to his friends and family, and get a pay rise and more opportunity at the same time. I hope he stays but you definitely can’t hold it against him if he does go

If Buss leaves then drafting another KPD is a must, but we also desperately could do with a mature key defender, need to be aggressive in the trade period, Liam Jones will be 34 by rd 1 2025. Leek Aleer did some alright things last week before Carlton turned it on. I'd ask the question of him if he comes out of the side when Sam Taylor comes back into the side

If Buss leaves then drafting another KPD is a must, but we also desperately could do with a mature key defender, need to be aggressive in the trade period, Liam Jones will be 34 by rd 1 2025. Leek Aleer did some alright things last week before Carlton turned it on. I'd ask the question of him if he comes out of the side when Sam Taylor comes back into the side

I would prefer we pick over Richmond’s carcass, rumoured to be having a fire sale at the end of the year.

I would prefer we pick over Richmond’s carcass, rumoured to be having a fire sale at the end of the year.
Who are you thinking? I feel Grimes is fairly washed and their other KPD are quite a bit younger and aren't the type Richmond would wanna get rid of

Tigers got 10 free agents this year according to the draft board thread and a whole bunch of others out of contract. Not sure any worth going after except Baker but he's likely going home to WA.

I’m just going to tell myself Smiley Boy is spreading news on behalf of his agent to get us to bump his contract offer up a little.

Hopefully its just wrong like Baz signing a 2 year extension, Lobb being gone, getting McQualter as an assistant, Henry going to Essendon, English being 90% done when his partner signed with the Victorian netball team, after we were previously getting pick 1 for him and JJ being a done deal to the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back