Preview Rd: 6 - Dogs @ Saints, Marvel Stadium, 7:30pm Thursday 18 April

Remove this Banner Ad

If they shut down Bont (which will have been there main focus all week) ,I struggle to see how we win this game.
Thought Bevo would have gone smaller to allow the Bont forward option.

To the VFL watchers is it a surprise that Arty is an emergency? I am making the assumption that selection as an emergency is a message from the MC that you are next in line for selection. I didn’t think his form in the twos was that good based solely on what I have read.
Maybe they’re looking to put him in next week’s squad so he can go to WA

St Kilda v Western Bulldogs

Thursday 18th April 7:30pm AEST
Marvel Stadium, Docklands • Wurundjeri
Broadcast: Channel 7, Fox Footy/Kayo

B: Ed Richards, Liam Jones, James O’Donnell
HB: Taylor Duryea Buku Khamis, Jason Johannisen
C: Bailey Williams, Adam Treloar, Harvey Gallagher
HF: Laith Vandermeer, Aaron Naughton, Rhylee West
F: Sam Darcy, Rory Lobb Cody Weightman
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae
INT: Bailey Dale, Riley Garcia, Lachie Bramble, Ryley Sanders, James Harmes
EMG: Caleb Daniel, Arthur Jones, Caleb Poulter

In: Rory Lobb, James Harmes, Riley Garcia
Out: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (personal reasons), Tom Liberatore (concussion), Oskar Baker (omitted)

I disagree. Darcy barely plays any game time and doesn’t have the ability to run out a game yet.

Even with Lobb in, we’ll rarely see three forwards on the ground at the same time. Lobb has proven he can play as the deep forward from his time in Freo.
We'll see. We were too tall, timid and slow last week and if anything that gets worse with this team.

Oskar baker omitted I'm supportive of. He was an abomination in the essendon game.

Garcia in also a good one.

Would much preferred if Daniel was in for Gallagher, who could have been rested altogether or at least less TOG at a lower level. He’s had a good start to his career, but no harm in giving him a bit of a break after a down game last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the VFL watchers is it a surprise that Arty is an emergency? I am making the assumption that selection as an emergency is a message from the MC that you are next in line for selection. I didn’t think his form in the twos was that good based solely on what I have read.
I’m pretty surprised to be honest. He has kicked 6 straight but his defensive work has dropped off and he doesn’t tackle. Maybe it’s just because he has some senior experience. I thought Clarke had gone right past him. I’d have McNeil also ahead at this stage. Not saying arty can’t jump ahead of them though.

Goodes v Sandilands in the ruck, round 7. Clash of the titans.
What about the match up Lobb v z.Cordy, I still have nightmares over that final in Perth where we gave up a 7 goal lead, and Cordy looking to blame everyone else

It's St Kilda so it's not like a winning score is going to be big with the way they play, 11-12 goals will probably win this.
Don't be so sure, when we played the Saints last year we got thumped, our total score was 5.11 41.

We always struggle to score against Ross Lyon coached sides. A lot would have to go right tomorrow night, I'll be very surprised if we can withstand the contested pressure they will throw our way.

Don't be so sure, when we played the Saints last year we got thumped, our total score was 5.11 41.

We always struggle to score against Ross Lyon coached sides. A lot would have to go right tomorrow night, I'll be very surprised if we can withstand the contested pressure they will throw our way.

We folded so lamely against the Bombers last week when they did their version of turning up the heat, that, yeah, I am worried enough that I'm doing a Joe Biden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back