Preview Rd: 6 - Dogs @ Saints, Marvel Stadium, 7:30pm Thursday 18 April

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand how Dale is still in this side.

Some of his efforts when he came on were shocking. Deserved to be dropped.

I know our wing options are limited, but Williams played the two best games he's played for us since he's capitulation in the 21 GF, when he was forced to move back to cover for Ed rounds 2 and 3 this year. Had been poor since he's gone back to the wing.

Move English to a wing. 2nd ruck/wing. F it.

Let’s not speculate could be anything
I know the real reason. Bevo wanted to play Daniel in the ruck. Marra said: "Bevo, Caleb is too short". Daniel heard Marra, got really pissed off and punched him on the kneecap and injured Marra. The club kept the incident quiet and made the excuse that it is a personal private issue, but his knee is shot because of the way Daniel punched him. It's true. My cousin's mate's mate told my other cousin who told me.

This coach's addiction to playing too many talls continues. Lobb, English, Darcy is nuts.

Suspect we will once again be found wanting by a hungrier team who can get more bodies to the ground balls as the game progresses.
At least English is under the pump with Lobb in the side. Maybe English will actually have a crack this week to save a stint in the seconds? Any p*ss weak efforts should result in Lobb in the guts and English on the bench.

Last edited:
At least English is under the pump with Lobb in the side. Maybe English will actually have a crack this week so save a stint in the seconds? Any p*ss weak efforts should result in Lobb in the guts and English on the bench.
Lobbs physicality is worse unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those thinking that Lobb is somehow going to lift our competency in the ruck are misguided. His ruck work is VFL standard. He may be useful for a few minutes a quarter to provide a break but he's not going to match competent ruckmen. He's in the side as a forward but unless he clunks a few marks, his value to the team is dubious.

What about the match up Lobb v z.Cordy, I still have nightmares over that final in Perth where we gave up a 7 goal lead, and Cordy looking to blame everyone else
Gotta say I'm no big fan of Cordy but he has started the year very well. Has been rock solid at FB and keeping Howard out of the team right now. Looks like he is locked into our defensive structure, using the ball well and is rarely beaten in the air.

Watch him concede 6 goals now....

Gotta say I'm no big fan of Cordy but he has started the year very well. Has been rock solid at FB and keeping Howard out of the team right now. Looks like he is locked into our defensive structure, using the ball well and is rarely beaten in the air.

Watch him concede 6 goals now....

Would have thought the 4 week hamstring injury has done more to keep Howard out of the team than Dad Bod.

Those thinking that Lobb is somehow going to lift our competency in the ruck are misguided. His ruck work is VFL standard. He may be useful for a few minutes a quarter to provide a break but he's not going to match competent ruckmen. He's in the side as a forward but unless he clunks a few marks, his value to the team is dubious.
We can use him to punish Timmy!

Dog 36 would you say we have a plethora of words that come to mind? Trepidation, complacency, springboard, formidable. So many words.
Let’s wait and see what words come to mind at qtr time, half time and of course game end

I’m over caring so I feel a sense of relief and release.

Whatever happens happens.
I have tried that and once ball is bounced I start to care all over again

We win I eat 6 jam donuts hot we lose I eat 6 jam donuts cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back