Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffjennings79

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good vibes today, I feel a win in my waters...

Its 50 years today since (the real) Geoff Jennings #25 made his debut! 🔴⚪🔵

(And it was a win against the Cats!)

(So did a bloke who'd played state cricket for WA, went on to captain St Kilda... the saw the light and became another in the stream of Sandgropers to play under Malthouse at WO.
Bruce Duperouzel was captain in 82, but at the age of 33 in 83 played his first game for us, staying for 2 seasons... and being involved in several last quarter passages in the 84 "Graham Allan kick across goal and intercepted by Beasley" game!)

Ironically, the last 5 games of GJ's career in 83 also featured Duper as a team-mate, including a round 22 6 point win at Moorabbin against the Saints (with another ex-Saint Con Gorozidis kicking 3 goals for us).

Anyway, go Doggies, woof, woof, WOOF!!!

Screenshot_20240406-113217_Facebook.jpg

Tonight will tell us alot.

Geelong are a 5-10 team, a really good performance will suggest we are finals side. a bad loss and we are back to hoping for an early Bevo exit

Not sure we have the depth of quality to get this done but I really want us to beat this mob. Keep Stewart busy with an 'interrupter' and play close to Cameron and we have a chance.
Geelong are winning games with short bursts of multiple goals and great forward efficiency, we need to make it a grind and a midfield battle.

Not sure we have the depth of quality to get this done but I really want us to beat this mob. Keep Stewart busy with an 'interrupter' and play close to Cameron and we have a chance.

I think we do have the quality, if we line up our team on paper against theirs. Particularly with Dangerfield out. It never seems to work out like that for some reason though.

Every team has their stars, as Geelong do. Don’t know, I’ve long thought that the current Geelong team perform way better than they should when you forensically analyse their line up. They are a good lineup, but not great by any means. Is it coaching? I really see no reason for the current iteration of Geelong to own us. It has to be tactical and between the ears, surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd forgotten the 1970s was in the era before they invented hairdressers.

Come on, I was spending a fortune at Edward Beale salon in the city in the early 70s 😁

Hey Mutt looks like we have 2 game day threads.

I presume as the first one chronologically this one takes precedence for a merge? 🙂

Edit: Mofra Kermit ? Sorry I don't know who all the mods are these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back