Autopsy The not even The Bont, Libbas and Jones' heroics can drag us over the line against the cats thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If people can’t see the difference from last year they have to be a serious pessimist.

So much better in every way, from last year just feel short in some of the more simple facets of the games. Stupid turnovers, bad misses and bad execution in the I50.

It’s ******* so good to watch Bont and Libba go at it. I really back this team to do good things this season.

SO proud of the boys! To almost beat Geelong is a mighty effort. They might be missing Dangerfield, they might be coming off a 5 day break, they might have a really old side, but I'm still proud of the effort. Have to give credit to the coach Beveridge, he changed his tactics masterfully from last year, and managed to get within 4 points.

Didn’t watch the game but looks like a standard dogs v cats game. How many intercept marks did Stewart take?

By god that was a winnable game. We might never beat Geelong in a game that matters.

Can’t fault the effort for the most part, Geelong were completely off their legs for the last 10-15 minutes but ultimately we weren’t good enough again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If people can’t see the difference from last year they have to be a serious pessimist.

So much better in every way, from last year just feel short in some of the more simple facets of the games. Stupid turnovers, bad misses and bad execution in the I50.

It’s ******* so good to watch Bont and Libba go at it. I really back this team to do good things this season.
Yeah last year we turned it up when challenged. Skills in key moments got us tonight. Far from a baby out with the bath water moment.

2021 grand final vibes the way they got us out the front of the stoppage in the second and third quarters.

Should be winning that game. Neutral venue, them coming off a five day break, no danger and rohan.

So frustrating!

On the positive, at least we were able to wrestle momentum back on multiple occasions and not let them get on a big run like multiple teams did last year.

SO proud of the boys! To almost beat Geelong is a mighty effort. They might be missing Dangerfield, they might be coming off a 5 day break, they might have a really old side, but I'm still proud of the effort. Have to give credit to the coach Beveridge, he changed his tactics masterfully from last year, and managed to get within 4 points.
What was your last user name? You remind me of some other flog. Charlie was very close to the mark I think.

A loss, but not a complete defeat. Really hung in there and could have pinched it, but it wasn't to be. Can't fault the effort by most.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got within 4 points of a side who is just objectively better than us. Pretty good effort. If the Cats weren't coming off a 5 day break I doubt we get that close. Unfortunately the heroics from 2 individuals can't overcome the massive gap in system between the two sides. Geelong didn't have to exert as much effort as we did and still came out on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back