Autopsy This is going to be painful. The Dogs V Bombers debacle thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been years and we still haven't addressed the fundamental flaw at the heart of this side.

That of its inherent front running nature and its unwillingness to do the hard work once teams bring the pressure to them and it all gets a bit hard.

Im sure everybody has their own hobby horse that will get a flogging here and god knows most of them are completely justified.

But this is mine and its sucks the jam out of my donut when it invariably happens.

Oh and Beveridge needing to be loaded into a rocket and fired into the sun is a close second.

We're wasting prime years of Bont, Libba and Treloar. No forward structure to get the best out of Naughton and JUH. Structure is gone, time for a new coach to run a new system. I am still adamant with our strongest team, we are top 4 worthy, but we're just not coached to the best we can do. Better coaches would find a way to fit in Daniel. Gallagher and Bramble needs a run in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bevo is fair dinkum with all the big talk that all senior players are on notice and no one safe well English will be playing VFL next week.

What will happen ? Drop Macrae even though he kept running all night and was not the worst, noting he didn’t play him through middle much either.

Worst decision in human history to give Bevo a two year extension.

English got destroyed in the ruck by a geriatric.

Darcy and JUH looked good but that was about it.

It’s clear that some of our older players have fully declined now I.e, Dale, Williams, Dureya. I would love for the club to lean in to the promising youth and give games to Garcia, Clarke and Freijah. Decision to sub Sanders was weird, a lot of players should have come off before.

There was a flash flood in my area today. House was entirely submerged in 10cm+ of water, utterly ruined all my wood floors and carpet, plus a ton of furniture.

Really timed that well, because I would’ve struggled to think of anything worse than getting smashed by the drug cheats

I did say the Bombers will not make it easy after coping heat all week. Anyone expecting us to walk away with a 10 goal win, nah!

Credit to them. They completely shut down Bont, English and Weightman. Three players who normally have big games against them.

Anyone what to keep defending our forward half players? Can't hit targets and miss 30m out directly in front. Been a big issue since the 2021 Grand Final. Need that key goal to turn the momentum or put the game out of reach, miss an easy one and it goes back and the other team scores a goal from a harder kick. We had more scoring shots this game and still got thumped.

Predicted us to be 3-2 after round 5. Now we are one behind losing one we should win. Pretty soft performance all round.

We got smashed in the middle at times as well. Bombers walked it out too easily. We still haven't found some kind of defensive structure for centre bounces to protect us from being caught behind outnumbered.

Long season. We were always going to have an upset win and upset loss along the way. Just didn't expect it to be this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back