Autopsy The Kumbaya everything is wonderful again Dogs 124. Saints 10 goals less thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches Votes

St Kilda v Western Bulldogs​

9 Aaron Naughton (WB)
9 Bailey Dale (WB)
5 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
5 Adam Treloar (WB)
1 Liam Jones (WB)
1 Tim English (WB)

So 5 each to Bont and Treloar
4 each to Naughton and Dale
3 each to Naughton and Dale
2 each to Naughton and Dale
1 each to Jones and English?

Weird.

I would have thought both Naughton & Dale got 5 & 4 each.
Bont & Treloar both got 3 & 2 each.

Yes, yours makes more sense.

But I still prefer my guesses... it feeds into my conspiracy theories and/or general AFL incompetence and lack of integrity. 😄

(Mine was just a p1ss-take. 😉)

Stange coaches votes... especially beacsue it looks like both coaches saw the game very similar.
I wouldnt have had Bont or English anywhere near the votes and would have had Macrae right up there

If only Bont got unexpected Brownlow votes, like some muppets from other clubs get...

https___prod.static9.net.au_fs_56e991cc-938c-4ea5-8b7c-a6c93cb79bcc.jpg

If only Bont got unexpected Brownlow votes, like some muppets from other clubs get...

View attachment 1967874

I can’t understand why so many in the media think Heeney or a couple of others are around the Brownlow lead right now.

Neale is averaging 27 disposals and 0.2 goals a game. He’s had three votes for worse games than that. He might have 14-15 votes already, maybe only 12-13 because Brisbane only won a couple of those games.

I can’t understand why so many in the media think Heeney or a couple of others are around the Brownlow lead right now.

Neale is averaging 27 disposals and 0.2 goals a game. He’s had three votes for worse games than that. He might have 14-15 votes already, maybe only 12-13 because Brisbane only won a couple of those games.

I'd like to know how the umpires think he influences so many games.

Then again, Zeno Tzatzaris and Murray Rance got 2 and 1 votes in this game (McGuinness got 3, Beasley kicked 9.5 and no votes):

Zeno then got 3 votes in this game, when we got pumped at the Cattery, but he played some of the game on a goal-less Ablett:

Of course, these were the days when umpires seemed to grasp that there were players on the field other than midfielders!

I'd like to know how the umpires think he influences so many games.

Then again, Zeno Tzatzaris and Murray Rance got 2 and 1 votes in this game (McGuinness got 3, Beasley kicked 9.5 and no votes):

Zeno then got 3 votes in this game, when we got pumped at the Cattery, but he played some of the game on a goal-less Ablett:

Of course, these were the days when umpires seemed to grasp that there were players on the field other than midfielders!
You're a gold mine of ... ummm ... information, gj. I hope I never have to play Bulldog trivia against you.

You're a gold mine of ... ummm ... information, gj. I hope I never have to play Bulldog trivia against you.

My other half wouldn't agree!

I'll arrive home having forgotten to pick up milk she texted me about 20 mins earlier, but I can tell her all about Jamie Barham's 6 possie game wearing #54 in 1982! 😄🤔😬

I'll arrive home having forgotten to pick up milk she texted me about 20 mins earlier, but I can tell her all about Jamie Barham's 6 possie game wearing #54 in 1982! 😄🤔😬

The way it should be.

I lament the passing of the milkman. It's one more thing that you didn't have to remember or be nagged about. The disappearance of milkmen and the proliferation of mobile phones was a perfect storm really.

I lament the passing of the milkman. It's one more thing that you didn't have to remember or be nagged about. The disappearance of milkmen and the proliferation of mobile phones was a perfect storm really.
Not all is lost NW. We have a milk man here in the ACT. (A milk lady actually, which really messes up those paternity jokes).

Unfortunately we also have mobile phones, so it's not quite paradise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all is lost NW. We have a milk man here in the ACT. (A milk lady actually, which really messes up those paternity jokes).

Unfortunately we also have mobile phones, so it's not quite paradise.
You know I often yearn to go back to a simpler time. I needn't yearn anymore, I can just move to the ACT;)

You know I often yearn to go back forward to a simpler time. I needn't yearn anymore, I can just move to the ACT;)
Fixed it for you.

You're welcome up here NW. We can rage at the clouds* (and the AFL) together.

1714015845361.jpeg

* One of the first things I noticed when I moved up here a few decades ago was how much sunnier Canberra is than Melbourne in the winter. Beautiful winter days (the evenings a little chillier). So clouds are a bit scarcer but still definitely worth raging at.

Fixed it for you.

You're welcome up here NW. We can rage at the clouds* (and the AFL) together.

View attachment 1970305

* One of the first things I noticed when I moved up here a few decades ago was how much sunnier Canberra is than Melbourne in the winter. Beautiful winter days (the evenings a little chillier). So clouds are a bit scarcer but still definitely worth raging at.
I'm not totally on board with those silly hats that you guys wear but I guess I could get used to it.

As long as you show me the loophole you've discovered that lets you skirt around the no electricity and technology laws.

Nice to see all the haters back after being quiet for the last week. Some of our supporters (perhaps whingers is a better word) comments are just embarrassing and disgraceful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Nothing has changed and why because time after time we have our backs to the wall and win a game only to always fall to win the week after.

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice to see all the haters back after being quiet for the last week. Some of our supporters (perhaps whingers is a better word) comments are just embarrassing and disgraceful.

I feel like you are the same in reverse. Don’t see you for a few weeks until Bevo needs a back slap and you feel the need to tell everyone how wrong they are.

I feel like you are the same in reverse. Don’t see you for a few weeks until Bevo needs a back slap and you feel the need to tell everyone how wrong they are.

Yeah I’m not around much because I’m tired of listening to our so called supporters whinge and moan like a bunch of north supporters. I’m done here.

Yeah I’m not around much because I’m tired of listening to our so called supporters whinge and moan like a bunch of north supporters. I’m done here.

I apologise, definitely was more personal than I wanted to post. I need to be better with my wording.

But my point stands that the 'Bevo in' crowd (even though there are fewer or less vocal), who feel the need to bump the thread whenever we have a half decent win are just as embarrassing as you claim the 'Bevo out' crowd who feel the need to bump the thread after every loss.

This is what we've signed up for to be fair, it's hard to talk about anything. Because everything really falls back to him. So unless we turn it around and start winning a lot more games (unlikely) or Bevo leaves or gets replaced (also unlikely) we are going to be stuck in this loop. The small positive is that we've only been having this debate for a year and a half. Port have been having the same debate for nearly a decade with no sign of an end, that's what we have to look forward to.

I'm in the not changing horses midstream camp. If change needed to be made it needed to be made at the end of last season. But it wasn't.

So I'm chips in on Bevo until we play our last game this season, at which point he/we/they reassess for next season.

This is probably a more relevant thread for the below.

I'm in the not changing horses midstream camp. If change needed to be made it needed to be made at the end of last season. But it wasn't.

So I'm chips in on Bevo until we play our last game this season, at which point he/we/they reassess for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back