Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 set in stone. Should be a ripping finals series.

Predicting Kiewa v Chiltern GF. Margin to be under a goal either way.

Absolutely looking forward to a great finals series.

Was wondering about the Dederang coaching gig, why did Jones stand down? They are playing finals starting to get a good list together and now leaving?

I went and watched Thurgoona v Saints yesterday and it was a horrible game but the worst thing was saints had 5/6 guys double up from the reserves.. surely time has come that they look at their future?

Was wondering about the Dederang coaching gig, why did Jones stand down? They are playing finals starting to get a good list together and now leaving?

I went and watched Thurgoona v Saints yesterday and it was a horrible game but the worst thing was saints had 5/6 guys double up from the reserves.. surely time has come that they look at their future?
Create an opening for Big Boy?

We played them the week before and they didn't have any double ups, but didn't finish with any on the bench so maybe had a few extra out? Hard time of year to be getting blokes to pull on the boots when seasons are over. Has there been any forfeits this year?
Jonesy getting on a bit, reckon he'd be my age and that puts him the the late 30s bracket. Maybe another year and his spot in an improving team wouldn't be guaranteed? Tough position for a coach to be in.

I heard Thurgoona had about 13 blokes out to the point where their coach Dan Cleary had to pull on the boots for a one off game?

Looking at the scoreline and the fact Thurgoona still managed to win by over 100 points speaks volume on Wodonga.

Who played well for the doggies?

Almost have Peter & Ben McEvoy locked in for 2023 at Dederang.

Beechworth chose to take a swipe at the Hawks in The Critic over the weekend after there were several scuffles between the two sides the previous week.

“Condition were good and we relished them whilst Kiewa were more interested in being flat track bullies with a few acts of thuggery,” the club wrote.

“Our boys were undeterred though and surged ahead keeping the visitors to an overall total of less than Wahgunyah.

“We look forward to meeting them in a few weeks at Sandy Creek.”

I found that amusing.
Whats all the carry on regarding Kiewa goal umpire vs Yack from the weekend?

Beechworth chose to take a swipe at the Hawks in The Critic over the weekend after there were several scuffles between the two sides the previous week.

“Condition were good and we relished them whilst Kiewa were more interested in being flat track bullies with a few acts of thuggery,” the club wrote.

“Our boys were undeterred though and surged ahead keeping the visitors to an overall total of less than Wahgunyah.

“We look forward to meeting them in a few weeks at Sandy Creek.”

I found that amusing.
Whats all the carry on regarding Kiewa goal umpire vs Yack from the weekend?
Interesting choice to antagonise your much more successful opponent before what is the biggest game the club has played in over a decade, but I like it, adds a bit of spice!

Warren Marmo coaching Rutherglen 2023

Times are tough for the lions this season as we all can see. Is the big footy community of the same opinion that the league is wrong by letting the club play unregistered players over the last couple of weeks with one of these players now being on assault charges for an incident on field ?

Last edited:

Times are tough for the lions this season as we all can see. Is the big footy community of the same opinion that the league is wrong by letting the club play unregistered players over the last couple of weeks with one of these players now being on assault charges for an incident on field ?
You're not talking about James Hepburn?

Wahgunyah is just toxic ridden. Dead set You're better off nuking the joint for good.

#culture

Josh Warren to coach Rutherglen? You serious… I thought Rutherglen were better then that

Not the name I’m hearing RR.

Incredible rebuild from Beechworth, imagine if they had of landed Karl Norman, they threw the kitchen sink at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting at home watching the footy at Sandy Creek, what a time to be alive.

Agree it was good, but the stream wasn't perfect. Constant 5+ second lags, etc.
GF day with 10 x the crowd of today, everyone on snapchat etc, live stream over the same Telstra backhaul? I think it's going to fail.

Agree it was good, but the stream wasn't perfect. Constant 5+ second lags, etc.
GF day with 10 x the crowd of today, everyone on snapchat etc, live stream over the same Telstra backhaul? I think it's going to fail.
Beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Hard to believe it's the first finals game out there in 3 years! Good to be back.

Incredible rebuild from Beechworth, imagine if they had of landed Karl Norman, they threw the kitchen sink at him.
Wouldn’t call it a rebuild, they were still competitive last year. They’ve picked up some quality former players. I said they would have the best midfield in the comp at the start of the year, picking up Middleton has only topped them off. They’ve turned it into a 3 horse race. Anyone of of those 3 teams can win it. (Chiltern, KSC, beechworth)

I thought DMB would have put barny away easily with their outs but it was closer than expected.

It’s chilterns to lose in my eyes, built their team over the last 4-5 years and are now ready to win it.

Hearing John Pratt to coach Rutherglen, Josh Warren to assist.

Looking forward to the chiltern Beechworth game at the G this weekend, what a time to be alive witnessing footy at that ground.

Wouldn’t call it a rebuild, they were still competitive last year. They’ve picked up some quality former players. I said they would have the best midfield in the comp at the start of the year, picking up Middleton has only topped them off. They’ve turned it into a 3 horse race. Anyone of of those 3 teams can win it. (Chiltern, KSC, beechworth)

I thought DMB would have put barny away easily with their outs but it was closer than expected.

It’s chilterns to lose in my eyes, built their team over the last 4-5 years and are now ready to win it.

Looking forward to the chiltern Beechworth game at the G this weekend, what a time to be alive witnessing footy at that ground.
Chiltern have been in the box seat before and blew it but they appear to have set themselves up that well now they might win the next 3 premierships. Mt Beuty are making up the numbers, quite a poor performance on the weekend against such a weak team. Hasn’t Pratt committed to cdhbu? As for Warren coaching Rutherglen he was shown the door by a very weak club that usually struggles to even find candidates to put their hand up, I don’t think Rutherglen are that silly.

Chiltern have been in the box seat before and blew it but they appear to have set themselves up that well now they might win the next 3 premierships. Mt Beuty are making up the numbers, quite a poor performance on the weekend against such a weak team. Hasn’t Pratt committed to cdhbu? As for Warren coaching Rutherglen he was shown the door by a very weak club that usually struggles to even find candidates to put their hand up, I don’t think Rutherglen are that silly.
Pratt and CDHBU have parted ways Geoff.
Article was in last weeks BM

Last edited:

Pratt and Warren Marmo- name a more dynamic duo 😂

After seeing Middleton on the weekend at Sandy Creek, poor return in the forward line. I would make him basically tag Meyer, start in the ruck against him & just be next to him all day. He has him for reach & athletically around the ground in my opinion. Nobody has matched Meyer all year & it would be an amazing matchup. No need to body, come in late use the reach. Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back