Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the O&M still hire semi trailer toilets for their finals? Still rather Sandy Creeks, or hire some easy fix!
Seating & viewing adjustments wouldn't be that much of an outlay for football & netball out there.
If it headed into town as majority of the clubs threatened over a decade ago because of how bad the ground was, it would kill the league.
they didny only have poor toilet facilities they run out of food by quarter time in the seniors.

understand that but it does reflect back to the league.
I believe the same club run out of food last time they were on the canteen aswell, not the leagues fault if they can’t cater correctly

As for moving it in town, that will never happen as the atmosphere is electric out there.

Yes facility’s need upgrading but the cost of that would be upwards of 2mil I would have thought, way more then the league would have in the bank

Grants almost impossible to get when they are used for 4 weeks a year

I believe the same club run out of food last time they were on the canteen aswell, not the leagues fault if they can’t cater correctly

As for moving it in town, that will never happen as the atmosphere is electric out there.

Yes facility’s need upgrading but the cost of that would be upwards of 2mil I would have thought, way more then the league would have in the bank

So does the grand final stay out there for the next 20 years with no upgrades at all?
The league won’t pay for it, and you won’t get a grant for it… so what happens ?

Maybe they could try to utilise the ground a bit more during the year? I know it's been used for pre-season games recently. I know nothing about catering but the league should at least give some estimation for what's required gameday, rather than leave it up to some club volunteers to estimate what they need. Not the first time food has run out.

They're always going to find it hard to justify spending money on a ground that is used for 4 weeks a year. How much would the league make on the gate for a finals series? Has to be in the vicinity of 200k? Surely could put a bit aside for some improvements. Last time I played there I think you still had to piss in the showers at the bar end rooms! There isn't even an indoor function room.
Having said that, it has to stay out there, the crowds this year demonstrate that. Parking is sensational, and atmosphere amazing. Plus, would be pretty embarrassing for the O&M if the TDFL had a bigger Grand Final crowd at Lavington than they did.
A big open barn constructed onthe scoreboard side wouldn’t go astray ,. LSAst years wild weather and had no where to hide. For shelter . Reckon there’s 10,000 there this year, you’d get 13,000 at Lavington

NW had twilight match to open the season, great crowd , dikjeads ran outta piss and food by third quarter, to do that at a Hrandfinal is

Need a big barn constructed scoreboard side 70 m long big open face , piss bar over there on some toilets Need seats right around the entire ground, wouldn’t cost too much . Even stacked shipping container around the field

Need a big barn constructed scoreboard side 70 m long big open face , piss bar over there on some toilets Need seats right around the entire ground, wouldn’t cost too much . Even stacked shipping container around the field
Shipping containers on far wing for bar and food and scoreboard on top would be an easy solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is what happens theses players chase big dollars have no success so piss off to another club

Plenty of them around unfortunately
He has done pretty well out of footy though.
Apparently close to a gorilla a game at Lockhart and the same at Dederang.
I’d like to see him stay at build Dederang up,
His next move will say a lot about his character.

Good to see the Lions announcing a few recruits and a Coach.
They’re hell bent on survival, unfortunately they’ll always have to pay travellers if they want to be competitive, which is unsustainable. They know what sitting out for a year out means, this caper isn’t for the faint hearted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back