Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Great day at Sandy Ck today. Didn’t think the ground could get any better but it looked the best it ever has and the game was what we hope a grand final is going to look like. Pretty special win by Chiltern in the end.
Cheer cheer the red and white

Great game. Kiewa should have had it iced at half time. Chiltern just dominated the last quarter though, 3.5 to 2 points, deserved to win. Back to back 1s and 2s very rare. Well done.
Chiltern dominated the last quarter, sure.
Newnham sprayed more shots than Jenna Jameson in the same quarter.

Bit harsh. 1 shot from 45 out, 1 from 35 on the angle. They barely managed to get it inside 50 in the last, not his fault.
$$$ what is he there to do exactly? They blow that much smoke up his arse in the paper. Promise the world, deliver an atlas when it counts. Well done Chiltern back 2 back both grades, exceptional chiltern flyer 👏

$$$ what is he there to do exactly? They blow that much smoke up his arse in the paper. Promise the world, deliver an atlas when it counts. Well done Chiltern back 2 back both grades, exceptional chiltern flyer 👏
Taking the piss with this comment surely? He was the reason they were in front in the first place, was clearly the best player on the ground for me.

One hell of a grand final and one people will talk about for a long time.

Football can be an unforgiving game, Newnham kicks his fifth and he has a premiership medal and best on ground, misses and you lose sleep for 12 months. Doogz wound back the clock, Chiltern never looked like winning but wouldn’t go away. Marc Almond should be head hunting Ashton Brookes, Fin Lappin, Cooper and enticing Newnham back.

Football can be an unforgiving game, Newnham kicks his fifth and he has a premiership medal and best on ground, misses and you lose sleep for 12 months. Doogz wound back the clock, Chiltern never looked like winning but wouldn’t go away. Marc Almond should be head hunting Ashton Brookes, Fin Lappin, Cooper and enticing Newnham back.
All be great gets for the Roos BigLaz

Just watched the last quarter and a bit, and the game had very strong 2007 vibes for those that remember it. Difficult to say if Chiltern played better or Kiewa went into their shells a bit. The Newman misses were obviously costly, but Hicks dobs that one just before 3/4 time from directly in front, and they wouldn't have lost it either.
Very envious of the Chiltern boys, going back to back in firsts and seconds is the best feeling there is in club land. I'm sure the beers are flowing freely at the Chiltern pub today. Almost makes you want to continue playing!

Big shout out to the boys from 2AY, absolutely sensational call, put the channel 7 commentators to shame.

Who was best on the end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for Connor everyone will talk about the two shots in the dying minutes rather then the fact kiewa should have put them away before half time.

I have heard McAlister is going hard at a few, did hear Polo O’hara… brown going back after a stint at north

Chiltern will get stronger,
Kiewa I assume will keep everyone…

Beechworth will be an interesting one for mine, can they keep their list, obviously depth was a real issue come the finals

Cats getting a few past players back should help them be more competitive.
Seymour will be good for the young guys there too.
Not much coming out of the Lions Den yet.
This time last year they had announced a Coach and a few recruits.

A lot of people got in to the TDFL grand final for free as eftpos facilities were down, I had a call from a very important person on the morning, he informed me that record numbers were also busting through the cow paddock earlier on for a free look, I would’ve been happy to provide some muscle but wasn’t in the area. It’s a shame we won’t get a true indication of crowd numbers. On another note, Lukey Daly’s last match for Albury, will he wind up at Chiltern with his brother in law at the helm, or continue the trend of worn tigers heading to Thurgoona.

The Tallangatta League need to invest in some adequate seating out at sandy creek. A left field thought I had late last night, could the league entertain the idea of using the Lavington ground for the Grand Final, thoughts?

The Tallangatta League need to invest in some adequate seating out at sandy creek. A left field thought I had late last night, could the league entertain the idea of using the Lavington ground for the Grand Final, thoughts?
couldnt agree more and the toilet facilities were very poor and dirty.

couldnt agree more and the toilet facilities were very poor and dirty.

Except for the playing surface, which is obviously what everyone see’s online and the major talking point, the place is a disgrace.
Toilets are disgusting, change rooms are just concrete and shouldn’t be catering for so many players. It’s all just so run down
It’s a horrible place to watch the football and you have to watch the netball through a fence.

I’d be all for a moving it in town

They're always going to find it hard to justify spending money on a ground that is used for 4 weeks a year. How much would the league make on the gate for a finals series? Has to be in the vicinity of 200k? Surely could put a bit aside for some improvements. Last time I played there I think you still had to piss in the showers at the bar end rooms! There isn't even an indoor function room.
Having said that, it has to stay out there, the crowds this year demonstrate that. Parking is sensational, and atmosphere amazing. Plus, would be pretty embarrassing for the O&M if the TDFL had a bigger Grand Final crowd at Lavington than they did.

Do the O&M still hire semi trailer toilets for their finals? Still rather Sandy Creeks, or hire some easy fix!
Seating & viewing adjustments wouldn't be that much of an outlay for football & netball out there.
If it headed into town as majority of the clubs threatened over a decade ago because of how bad the ground was, it would kill the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back