Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

elitecool

Debutant
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The Corowa cluster is a joke, Rutherglen lose their best player from last year to Coreen, just after making some nice progress, I’d be furious if I was the Rutherglen coach. I wouldn’t have cleared the kid, to play with your mates doesn’t cut it, I’d want a bloody good reason. Fair game when testing at the higher level, but why cross to a league with identical standard. I question the character of players these days, a handshake and look in the eye account for nothing. Clubs need to start rolling out long term contracts, or at least 2 year minimum.
Starting off the bench in the top 5 at best.
What is progress signing a few in the off season. Rutherglen won 1 game, he managed 19 goals. Playing with mates at a club on the rise, good on him.

Interesting Brookes drags Chilterns senior team from the depths of despair with the drought breaking premiership, then just steps down. He’d done all the hard yards for someone else to skim the cream. Just reading young Brookes to try his hand in the O&M, that’s what it’s all about, surprised Corowa or Raiders didn’t go for him.
He was in talks with MM to do the senior job, using his son and a couple of others as recruiting leverage (Which is fair enough) Be interesting if he gets some sort of role at Wodonga.

Starting off the bench in the top 5 at best.
What is progress signing a few in the off season. Rutherglen won 1 game, he managed 19 goals. Playing with mates at a club on the rise, good on him.
You seen VB in the flesh? As good as three men at the lower level. Seymour is still in the top ten players in the TDFL. That’s progress.
He was in talks with MM to do the senior job, using his son and a couple of others as recruiting leverage (Which is fair enough) Be interesting if he gets some sort of role at Wodonga.
He’s a good old fashioned coach, speaks well and is passionate, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up coaching at the higher level. Who knows, his young fella could be the next Elliot Powell. The kids are worth the punt, no risk high reward. Corowa got caught sleeping.

You seen VB in the flesh? As good as three men at the lower level. Seymour is still in the top ten players in the TDFL. That’s progress.

He’s a good old fashioned coach, speaks well and is passionate, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up coaching at the higher level. Who knows, his young fella could be the next Elliot Powell. The kids are worth the punt, no risk high reward. Corowa got caught sleeping.
Jayme Seymour didn’t get a kick last time he was in the TDFL playing for Wahgunyah, would not be in the best 25 players let alone top 10

Will Rutherglen climb the ladder much? Or were they that bad last year? I’m tipping Wahgunyah will be completely done by the end of this year, too much musical clubs between the players, and no ones going to that place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might get worse with less players wanting to play these days. The strong clubs will separate from the rest even more.
Yes, that is unfortunately true too. For better or worse, the points system (and to a lesser extent the salary cap) makes it a lot harder for lower clubs to drag themselves from the depths.

couple of announcements for my team next week

Stay tuned
Chiltern appear to be building towards something special. Luff got any connection to the club? It’s incredible to think they could have Bokic, Brookes, and Big John on that list too. Was reading the 2023 senior premiership side had 7 players who played in the reserves triumph the previous year, unbelievable depth.

Chiltern appear to be building towards something special. Luff got any connection to the club? It’s incredible to think they could have Bokic, Brookes, and Big John on that list too. Was reading the 2023 senior premiership side had 7 players who played in the reserves triumph the previous year, unbelievable depth.
Luff has no connection to the club just a excellent recruit we have managed to pick up.Big John back on the training track as well

Former Benalla premiership star Mitchell Exton has signed on for Yackandandah. Can play any position on the field, looks his best floating off half back, but can drift forward and kick a bag. Very handy inclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back