Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great career Cam McNeil, nice to see him still having a kick out cudgewa.

It’s got me thinking seeing this thread is dead at the moment.

Since 2013 (last 10 years) who are the best 10 players the TDFL has seen.

I’ll have a crack and I’m sure I’ll miss a few. Mine will be purely based on team success combined with individual as well as overall impact on a team.

1. Jayden Kotzur
2. Josh Spence
3. Scott Spencer
4. Cam McNeill
5. Damien Wilson
6. Elliot powell
7. Ayden Brown
8. Jamarl O’sullivan
9. Scott Meyer
10. Jason Bartel

This will change with abit more thought. But that’s my starting point currently

I’ll have a crack and I’m sure I’ll miss a few. Mine will be purely based on team success combined with individual as well as overall impact on a team.

1. Jayden Kotzur
2. Josh Spence
3. Scott Spencer
4. Cam McNeill
5. Damien Wilson
6. Elliot powell
7. Ayden Brown
8. Jamarl O’sullivan
9. Scott Meyer
10. Jason Bartel

Jordy Harrington be in the mix?

1. Jayden Kotzur
2. Josh Spence
3. Scott Spencer
4. Cam McNeill
5. Damien Wilson
6. Elliot powell
7. Ayden Brown
8. Jamarl O’sullivan
9. Scott Meyer
10. Jason Bartel

Jack Di Mizo would have to be knocking on the door

Mark Doolan, Kade Brown, Matt Fowler, Kayde Surrey, Guy Telford, Marty Brennan there has been some serious footballers play in the TDFL, the standard has improved a lot in the last 10 years

Jack Di Mizo would have to be knocking on the door

Mark Doolan, Kade Brown, Matt Fowler, Kayde Surrey, Guy Telford, Marty Brennan there has been some serious footballers play in the TDFL, the standard has improved a lot in the last 10 years
You’ve gotta be kidding me, anyone who remotely follows the league knows the standard has been dwindling in the past decade. You guys heard of Trent Castles and Peter Cook? Should be walk up starters in anyone’s top ten.

You’ve gotta be kidding me, anyone who remotely follows the league knows the standard has been dwindling in the past decade. You guys heard of Trent Castles and Peter Cook? Should be walk up starters in anyone’s top ten.
I knew the Trent conversation would pop its head. But in his 6/7 years at Yack how many times did he play finals?
I’m not doubting a good player but he should have lead his side to finals atleast once
Cook for mine is a little to inconsistent for mine, yes he was a match winner but missed wayyy to much footy in my opinion.
I’d have Tom Anson infront of Cook.

Di Mizo only missed out because of the amount of service Bartel gave his club, 200+ games is huge.

I agree with you here Larry about the standard of the tdfl dwindling , that’s an outrageous comment from the local footy nerd , the standard of the Sandy creek playing field is about the only improvement the leagues had over the last decade IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you here Larry about the standard of the tdfl dwindling , that’s an outrageous comment from the local footy nerd , the standard of the Sandy creek playing field is about the only improvement the leagues had over the last decade IMO

Lenaz huge in for us hopefully more to come not sure on standard of the league slipping maybe the weaker teams are struggling but chiltern 2022 was a very strong team would be as a strong as I’ve seen for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct me if I’m wrong, but did I read Chiltern footed the bill for all of their juniors registration fees? You can’t knock that, the government should be chipping in for this.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but did I read Chiltern footed the bill for all of their juniors registration fees? You can’t knock that, the government should be chipping in for this.
That’s is correct and hats of to the people running our great club

Lenaz huge in for us hopefully more to come not sure on standard of the league slipping maybe the weaker teams are struggling but chiltern 2022 was a very strong team would be as a strong as I’ve seen for a long time

You’ve hit the nail on the head, for years it was only the Saints where you’d chalk in a percentage boost pre-match, now the league is almost split in to two divisions. If Chilterns older players stay fit, I’d say this years side will be stronger than the 2022 team, even without the Brachar brothers. Heta Daly and Luff are massive ins, then you’ve got Spencer lurking for a return.

The quality among Premiership teams has been consistently high. In my opinion, Thurgoona's 2016-2019 squad probably had Chiltern covered though. The struggling weaker teams have increased in number, contributing to a decline in the overall standard of the league over the past decade. When it comes to the depth of footy clubs (i.e seconds footy) it is evident that the current standard is no where near what it was 10 years ago, but this is across the board in the region.
As of now, it seems that Chiltern has one hand on the cup, although things can shift rapidly. In 2008, after winning four in a row, we recruited six or seven high quality players, assembling our best team on paper in those years. But in hindsight some blokes went on one year too long, a few injuries began to surface, a few premiership players were picked on reputation not form etc. The combination of these factors, coupled with a determined opposition, ultimately resulted in us falling short that year.

Interested to see what the Flyer thinks of Newnhams statement, apparently not losing this years granny haha
could sting late on

pretty big statement coming from the guy who most likely cost them the flag this year.
Think cost them the flag is a bit harsh they wouldn’t have been in it if it wasent for him

I found the comment about not hearing the crowd interesting as I remember him flipping the Chiltern people off over the fence Atleast 3 or 4 times - think these comments might come back to bite Connor on the ass

Wasn’t a bad article, he takes accountability, & obviously made a big statement which good on him. Just make sure they get there now.

Any recent signing in the TDFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back