Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Kiewa Hawks dropping that one game the other week was a godsend, look at Essendon in 2000, they needed it. Gets you grounded, removes the extra weight from the shoulders.

Mitta have their ruckman signed early. Threw big money at ruckman throughout the year. Still playing in finals, so name released in a couple of weeks

Just reading they’ve stung young Lappin with three weeks, Chiltern will contest during the week. If his eyes were for the ball I don’t see the problem. I remember playing in the O&K years ago, i was running full tilt, put a Milawa player through the fence, he flew through the air and landed 10 yards away on the gravel over in the car park. Tempers flared, it was dealt with on the pitch in the third, and we all had a beer afterwards, no charges laid.I think it’s a disgrace to try rub a young kid out of a possible shot at a premiership, they could have another 30 year drought and never he gets another shot. I believe it should be all about intent, accidents happen, that’s footy.

It obviously sucks for young Lappin, but it’s just the way football is going, they will be protecting the head at all times. It’s exactly like the AFL if no injury then it’s play on but because McIntosh was knocked out then it has to be investigated

So everyone’s tips for this weekend?
I’m thinking Chiltern by 19points, just seem to be hitting their straps at the right time. Although Kiewa have just done their thing all season.
I think it’ll be an absolute cracker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be one of the best grand final scene at Sandy Creek for years
The last good one was 2015. Haven't really been blessed with many classic GF's in the TDFL this century. 2000, 2007, 2015 the only ones off the top of my head, so we're due for one. My tip is there will be lots of cramping in the last quarter.

Chiltern spending $6000 on attempting to clear Lappin for striking, I hope he’s on ground maintenance duties over the summer, with a push mower, and funding the fuel, what a ridiculous waste of money. They should’ve known better, you’ve got no chance of wiping 3 weeks. Fair enough if it was trying to downgrade from one week.

Chiltern spending $6000 on attempting to clear Lappin for striking, I hope he’s on ground maintenance duties over the summer, with a push mower, and funding the fuel, what a ridiculous waste of money. They should’ve known better, you’ve got no chance of wiping 3 weeks. Fair enough if it was trying to downgrade from one week.
Good on them for supporting the young kid even if it was a big ask.

Good on them for supporting the young kid even if it was a big ask.
It’s good money tossed, they really didn’t have any chance of down grading from 3 weeks to clearing him. Support the kid by all means, he comes from a lovely family. I think they could’ve had a local represent him, maybe Mayhew or someone of the like. After finally reviewing the incident, I personally didn’t think it warranted suspension.

My mail has it the kid was content to take the 3 weeks but the Club wanted to try to get him cleared to play this weekend.

Great day at Sandy Ck today. Didn’t think the ground could get any better but it looked the best it ever has and the game was what we hope a grand final is going to look like. Pretty special win by Chiltern in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back