Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought the Lions would of been fairly happy with today regardless what you guys think, fielded all grades today. Won All bar one netball game.
How was the gate today Rutherglenrambles and Mortlock as the treasurers of the club you would know?

Good Friday is always a good gate for both clubs when they host. There were numerous supporters on the day voicing their frustration of Cupido being brought in before he even got injured. Looks like the coach is just trying to help out a few old teammates fill their pockets. Now the club potentially loses another player who’s annoyed at not getting a senior game after doing a full pre season to be overlooked for a fat old man who doesn’t have a care in the world about the club.

The people in power at that club keep on making mistakes and don’t seem to learn from them

Good Friday is always a good gate for both clubs when they host. There were numerous supporters on the day voicing their frustration of Cupido being brought in before he even got injured. Looks like the coach is just trying to help out a few old teammates fill their pockets. Now the club potentially loses another player who’s annoyed at not getting a senior game after doing a full pre season to be overlooked for a fat old man who doesn’t have a care in the world about the club.

The people in power at that club keep on making mistakes and don’t seem to learn from them
Yeah I was hearing the same, one person I had spoken to said they had lost a key position player hence the last minute inclusion of Damian.
One thing that really stood out was it was boys playing against Men, i had a listen to the Lions huddle at qrt time and they look to be a very young side.. Rutherglen very impressive and most will keep an eye on there season to see how far they have come

They’ll need a lot more the prime train to be competitive this year going off yesterdays results.
The Saints need to start going forward instead of backwards, it’s like they are happy where they are. Need a new coach, and a truck load of players. Their recruitment is poor but also over paying them.
I’d like to know if they have a plan going forward, it seems as though there is none

They’ll need a lot more the prime train to be competitive this year going off yesterdays results.
The Saints need to start going forward instead of backwards, it’s like they are happy where they are. Need a new coach, and a truck load of players. Their recruitment is poor but also over paying them.
I’d like to know if they have a plan going forward, it seems as though there is none
A positive for them is they are fielding 2 Junior Sides for the first time in a while.

Looking forward to ruthglens results throat season. 100 points bet wahgunyah, doesn’t tell us much. Who improved how much? Tie will tell. Mitta start year with upset win , can they compete without Redcliffe? Surely no one gets near Chiltern , heta as good as Meyer .

Looking forward to ruthglens results throat season. 100 points bet wahgunyah, doesn’t tell us much. Who improved how much? Tie will tell. Mitta start year with upset win , can they compete without Redcliffe? Surely no one gets near Chiltern , heta as good as Meyer .
4th and 5th spot is up for grabs this year. 3 clear standouts and the rest look like a raffle. Thurgoona look like they have the most potential to maybe cause an upset.

4th and 5th spot is up for grabs this year. 3 clear standouts and the rest look like a raffle. Thurgoona look like they have the most potential to maybe cause an upset.
Beechworth beating Yackandandah away was a good win for the bushies today.

Thurgoona will play finals

Blockbuster match next weekend to determine who potentially walks away with the wooden spoon for 2024 with wahgunyah hosting the bombers. The wahgunyah recruiting team are having to front the committee this week coming reportedly regarding how close they are to the $75k salary they’re allocated and the players they’ve spent it on. Local members and sponsors are not happy as they were expecting improvement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blockbuster match next weekend to determine who potentially walks away with the wooden spoon for 2024 with wahgunyah hosting the bombers. The wahgunyah recruiting team are having to front the committee this week coming reportedly regarding how close they are to the $75k salary they’re allocated and the players they’ve spent it on. Local members and sponsors are not happy as they were expecting improvement
75k is a lot to spend.
It’s also a lot to Raise.

75k is a lot to spend.
It’s also a lot to Raise.
Exactly, hence the frustration.

The club has done an exceptional job to get all grades back up and going we can’t shy away from that but you just can’t go around throwing money at unproven 18/19 year old boys and get similar results to previous seasons. They’re not at the club because of the love or care for the club that’s for sure.

Is there an interleague game this season?

Are you getting AI to make your comments for you? Hardly makes sense.

Exactly only if they were smart enough to appoint 5 coaches so only half was paid in the cap

If only it worked that way

To be fair other than the coach I don’t think any of the other players would be paid at other clubs or in fact play seniors at rival clubs
I get it, same as us at the Saints.
We think we have recruited well to win half a dozen games only to be beaten week in week out. It's tough and I admire players that keep fronting up but what's the solution?

I get it, same as us at the Saints.
We think we have recruited well to win half a dozen games only to be beaten week in week out. It's tough and I admire players that keep fronting up but what's the solution?
The solution in the “cluster” is for the clubs in the area to work together and mergers must seriously be considered. At Rutherglen we’ve never had a problem with our local players coming back to the club if they’ve left. At wahgunyah it seems as if most locals who have left don’t want anything to do with the club and won’t return

The solution in the “cluster” is for the clubs in the area to work together and mergers must seriously be considered. At Rutherglen we’ve never had a problem with our local players coming back to the club if they’ve left. At wahgunyah it seems as if most locals who have left don’t want anything to do with the club and won’t return
From the outside looking in it appears that none of the 3 Main Clubs in the Cluster want a Bar of Each other.
It’s a shame really

From the outside looking in it appears that none of the 3 Main Clubs in the Cluster want a Bar of Each other.
It’s a shame really
No senior premiership will be won in the cluster area until the clubs work together, everyone can see that the clubs need to work together for there to be any success but instead of combining and enjoying success together the mentality seems to be that the club executives would rather prefer to see a club in the cluster fail and fold. Time to let the past go and try build a better and stronger future together

As a stand-alone entity I believe Rutherglen can win a premiership, as for the other two clubs, they can’t seriously contend, would take a truck load of money and probably send Corowa broke if they were to keep up with Albury, and Wahgunyah are as good as gone. Rutherglen will win the stand-off.

As a stand-alone entity I believe Rutherglen can win a premiership, as for the other two clubs, they can’t seriously contend, would take a truck load of money and probably send Corowa broke if they were to keep up with Albury, and Wahgunyah are as good as gone. Rutherglen will win the stand-off.

In 2025/2026 we will be giving ourselves the best chance at some success with the return of a few ex footballers who have gone on to play vfl and win ovens and Murray premierships 😏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back