Trades 2024 Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac Andrew doesn't seem the worst option if he makes you $100k+ ? Derth of rookie priced players means you have to get cash gen from somewhere, right? If he maintains that avg and stays a keeper, even better. I'm doing similar with Bowes, but the extra $50k saved with Andrews looks good. And a little worried about Bowes role going forward...

Watching him play makes me want to own him. Akward price though, not really a keeper and not worth the risk for the cash gen IMO.

He is going to be an excellent player though. Incredible instinct and natural ability.

Not top 1% but my 2 cents. There's 3 possible options with Stew. Hold, up or down. Hold is the obvious given it's a week. That said with the lack of rookies I am thinking about going down to a mid pricer to facilitate some cash in a safer way than a fringe rookie.

Say Stew > Dale frees up 100K, Dale with the 175 washing through and Hawks / Tigers in the next 3 weeks prob makes 100K while Stew misses at least 1 week and has his 60 washing through for 2 more. Dale not part of the end game but maybe a safer may to free up coin than a fringe rookie
Yeah I feel ya

I'm leaning towards holding and just risking Graham vs WC but if you in the hitting zone of trying to win its always interesting to see what others do to try and "stay on top"

Have cover for Harley so all good with that sitatuion.

Trades likely will be

Sanders to Garcia
Zilliams to premo mid up to $590k (via Martin back)

+1

and I love Walsh as a player
I just can't add another injury prone player into my SC team (actually two as I would also have to get Adams)

So, I went with Dawson and Macrae - let's see how this pans out. SC scoring wise between these two set of players
Plus he needs 35 touches and a million tackles to score well, he doesn't mark enough.

You be better off going with Crippa as he has a decent spread of stats and doesn't need a heap of the ball to score well.

Last edited:
Those ranked in the top 1% are u looking to trade stew this week?

Just not sure if its worth given i can get two upgrades this week and that will generate more points across the season...

I wonder what previous winners did in this scenario
i was 1% last week but now 2% and holding 😂 evo convinced me

Those ranked in the top 1% are u looking to trade stew this week?

Just not sure if its worth given i can get two upgrades this week and that will generate more points across the season...

I wonder what previous winners did in this scenario
If you're trading keepers that have already lost value for one-week absences, it's unlikely you'll be in the top 1% come the end of the year.

Make your upgrades and use cover for Stewart (unless you'll be copping a donut, but I'd still look for ways to hold).

With the elongated round I'm worried about teams/subs/etc.

Still looking at probably 2 of Sharp/Sanders/Zilliams for Walsh/Harcia

I think, unless I'm losing my mind, I don't need to make those trades until Friday so SHOULD have more team info by then.

Feel good about all lines except my forwards, anyone else feel the same?
Nope. My def and mid premos are underperforming. My fwd line is overperforming.

Heeney, Flanders, Powell, Fyfe, Reid, Comben (Darcy, Cadman)

Fyfe and Reid are medium-term keepers.
Macrae might come in next week.
Darcy is a long-term hold (hoping he gets RUCK DPP).

I’ve changed my mind, not bringing in Walsh, bringing in Houston, looks great, sure he’s nearly 600k, but after playing St Kilda off half back he may be nearly $650k last week. Winning the ton run so consistent…

I haven't had a proper look but I'm thinking that OPTIMISE might give you extra flexibility that would normally only be possible when switching players between lines whilst trading.

I use the OPTIMISE button with caution as it sometimes put players on field or as E or on a line where you don't really want them , so always triple-check after using it
You can 100% do this without using optimise.

Player A is located in your mids. Assuming you have enough DPP players on other lines that you can flip them all..

Trade Player A (M) to Player B (also M) by going through M/D to mid, F/D to def, M/F to fwd. This moves all your players to different lines.

Trade Player B back to Player A as a straight swap in your mids, you get your trade back, but all your DPP players have moved lines.

Comprehende?

Si.

You can 100% do this without using optimise.

Player A is located in your mids. Assuming you have enough DPP players on other lines that you can flip them all..

Trade Player A (M) to Player B (also M) by going through M/D to mid, F/D to def, M/F to fwd. This moves all your players to different lines.

Trade Player B back to Player A as a straight swap in your mids, you get your trade back, but all your DPP players have moved lines.

Comprehende?

Si.
This hurts my brain too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey brains trust,

This week is really doing my head in!

I really want to get Houston in my backline as I feel it's my weakest part of my team, ideally go Williams -> Houston but I'm short of cash.

I'm prepared to use a boost this week to make it happen, alternatively I could just build the bank $ this week by going Sanders -> H.Garcia and next week look at getting English and swinging Jackson forward?

Here is my team, any ideas? I have $32,900 in the kitty and still have 4 boosts.

Cheers

1713934169078.png

Hey brains trust,

This week is really doing my head in!

I really want to get Houston in my backline as I feel it's my weakest part of my team, ideally go Williams -> Houston but I'm short of cash.

I'm prepared to use a boost this week to make it happen, alternatively I could just build the bank $ this week by going Sanders -> H.Garcia and next week look at getting English and swinging Jackson forward?

Here is my team, any ideas? I have $32,900 in the kitty and still have 4 boosts.

Cheers

View attachment 1969167
Boost away, you can't take them with ya

😂
Looking at my team, what 3 trades would you suggest?

Williams, Sanders + one of Sharp, Darcy, Cadman are the most likely to be traded…

Possible ins; Houston, H.Garcia + ?? :think:
Dale? You need a DEF player

Out Sanders for Garcia ( STK) keeping the important FWD DPP.

Allowing Sharp out for Newcombe who has bottomed out at 492k now who i had my eye on from the start but couldn’t fit him in, and my midfield is only starting 1 rookie now on field and nearly set and forget.

Wanted Cripps for Sharp but was bloody 4k short and i dont wanna use a boost but Crippa will be my last Mid upgrade soon and then the nightmare backline upgrades start!

Forwards are last to set as they all suck!

😂
Looking at my team, what 3 trades would you suggest?

Williams, Sanders + one of Sharp, Darcy, Cadman are the most likely to be traded…

Possible ins; Houston, H.Garcia + ?? :think:
Probably Williams, Sanders and Sharp for yeah Houston HGarcia and best player you like with the leftover $$

Even if named you’d be worried he’s a late out.
Yepp. or subbed off again.
He's such a delicate creature. Needs perfect conditions to thrive these days.
The 33 wasnt an issue with best 18, but when he breaks again i bet he drops a huge turd in the room on the way out.
Very few if any reason to hold anymore with the 33 in his cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back