Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth also I'm one of the (seemingly very) few who don't give a stuff how many times they call for a review. If it means they get the decision right and we don't end up with an Adelaide v Sydney situation last year, they can review every single decision for all I care.

Seems bizarre how many media experts (including former players) seem to get so worked up about this when there are so many other more pressing issues in the game, which I've touched on in previous pages here.

In any event, all going well we'll get the chips in the balls next year, and hopefully this becomes another component in the game's umpiring arsenal going forward.
They talk about it killing momentum, but I am just not convinced that an extra minute or so break really changes anything at all. I would rather they get it right. I would actually almost go further and say that the set shorts from a mark or free kick should be reviewed at the same time to make sure the correct decision was made.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if yet another way of making quarters go longer will give them (and they know who they are) an excuse to shorten games.
Everything is fine!

scared eric cartman GIF by South Park

Tonight's first quarter has certainly made my seeds look better than I thought they were... Dogs up to #2 for the time being.

Saints have had all 18 of their players in the Bulldogs' half at stages during the game so far, and sometimes all inside 50. Yet the Dogs have still been able to find loose targets. Evidence enough to me that even the best zone defence has holes and can be exploited.
This round has snuck up on me! Updated seeds ahead of Anzac Day Eve footy...

#1 - Western Bulldogs (up from #4... Still not convinced about this!)
#2 - Sydney (with a bullet)
#3 - Melbourne (down from #1)
#4 - Port Adelaide (looks like a lot of games got recalibrated last weekend... so Port lose a game they were expected to win yet they come into the seeds :shrug: )

Dropping out is us (we are now #12) and Freo (#14)

West Coast have shot up to #9!

I think these are going to settle down over the next few weeks but for now there is a fair bit of flux. I'll be interested to see how the form of these so called "top" sides holds up.

#4 - Port Adelaide (looks like a lot of games got recalibrated last weekend... so Port lose a game they were expected to win yet they come into the seeds :shrug: )

I think these are going to settle down over the next few weeks but for now there is a fair bit of flux. I'll be interested to see how the form of these so called "top" sides holds up.

Am I reading this right or are you saying that you have the dogs as the best team in the comp right now?

Getsonbase.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chris rock adult humor GIF

Damien Barrett meets Nick Larkey 😂👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back