No Oppo Supporters Fremantle Do Not Contest A Game In Western Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo fans: tonight hurts but at least be courteous to each other while venting.

Oppostion fans or anyone out to have a crack: don't post here. You will get banned and you will get points.

I think the criticism of Erasmus is unfair, he's 20 years old for God sake, barely made a dent into his football career, how can you expect a player to improve when they're playing barely 20 minutes of football a game on average as the sub? This was his first full game this year.

It's probably unfair, and in the 2.5 years we've had him we've done everything possible to screw up his development. Constant interruptions, subs, missing WAFL games as travelling emergency, he's been dropped off the back of looking OK before, whilst also brought back on limited form.

As a fan though watching what he brings, you just don't want him in the team, he's so off the pace.

Time for an extended, uninterrupted stint in the WAFL. Don't bring him back off one good game, have him bang the door down and if he's good enough bring him back full of confidence.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a smoother goal than that Sharp goal…after he took the ball the bloke glides along the boundary and never looked like missing.

That’s the spirit of stuff I want to see.
I was right behind that, never looked like missing.

How good is it having a pacey winger who can actually kick and slot them from 50

It was a disgusting game, but players aren’t robots & looked flat after 2 very intense & depressing losses for us & them after spending a week & a bit in Adelaide. Footy is played 90% between the ears & we were flat mentally for this one, with the physical effort initially there.
The worst part is it’s the Eagles, who were at the peak of their confidence & nothing to lose mentality.
The response in here is understandable but way over the top. This is 1 very bad game out of 6, but this loss gives the players & coaches the opportunity to reflect, review & respond.
How they respond is the most important factor coming out of that game. A weeks a long time in footy.

I normally sit closer to ground level…

Sitting high up in the stands it was noticeable the kicks we didn’t take. Kicks that could open up play quickly through the middle we’re just ignored…

Depressing to watch
Yeah easy from above the ground level. Up there you can see the play open up etc. But as you eluded to much harder sitting at ground level and even then the players get a worse vision than you do at GL.

Yeah easy from above the ground level. Up there you can see the play open up etc. But as you eluded to much harder sitting at ground level and even then the players get a worse vision than you do at GL.

This would be true, if every other team was as poor as we are at playing attacking football

It's probably unfair, and in the 2.5 years we've had him we've done everything possible to screw up his development. Constant interruptions, subs, missing WAFL games as travelling emergency, he's been dropped off the back of looking OK before, whilst also brought back on limited form.

As a fan though watching what he brings, you just don't want him in the team, he's so off the pace.

Time for an extended, uninterrupted stint in the WAFL. Don't bring him back off one good game, have him bang the door down and if he's good enough bring him back full of confidence.
very very true

can’t really agree with that. Luke Ryan was AA previous two weeks.
We have seen it before when we lose the contested possession, have massive turnovers count and they win the intercepts. I think the backline is going to struggle.

All this players you mentioned were down for sure.
But something was off and Michael Walters should be of been a managed player this season not its over , retire(which may well be the best thing ending season)

Who cares about the last two weeks, the competition works out a style of play very quickly, West Coast did their homework - separated Ryan from Pearce and figure out he sags off.

It's on Ryan, a senior player to recognise that and adapt, in game, he didn't and then to continually admonish the fact he, and he alone, decided to give a 5 metre leg rope to his immediate opponent, was embarrassing.

With respect to scoring.

It's very hard to do when you have no structure ahead of the ball - for too long, Freo under Lyon & no Longmuir, rely on a race back to goal - a modern day paddock approach which simply is not sustainable.

Lol Fyfe seemed livid over Harley Reid in his press conference. Can easily see the kid getting flattened in the next derby.

Heard an interview with Fyfe on the way home in the car. Positive - he always surprises me with his thoughtful and well-spoken responses to questions. Could see him coaching in the future, if he didn't seem the type to completely move away from football when he's done playing. Suspect he'll end up working on projects in the less-developed world, or farming, or driving trucks while composing poetry or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Reid being rested this week against Gold Coast. Unsurprising, the Eagles just played their grand final.

BOOM. ROASTED. LOCK THIS s**t THREAD AND THROW THIS GAME IN THE BIN WITH THAT ADELAIDE GAME AND THAT DEMONS GAME

Rested already? It’s round 7 lol wtf

I wAnted to see some violence 🤣
Sick of the good boys act we have propagated

Nah... We got some skilled players in our team.

I want Freo to win games on class and Skill, Not by out right thuggery like some sides in the past.

Dockers had an unoffical "thugmantle" tag under the Chris Connolly era of 2002-7 when we had the Carr Brothers.

Nah... We got some skilled players in our team.

I want Freo to win games on class and Skill, Not by out right thuggery like some sides in the past.

Dockers had an unoffical "thugmantle" tag under the Chris Connolly era of 2002-7 when we had the Carr Brothers.
Gee I musta missed those years. I don't remembe rthat minicker for the team.
Only time we were thugs was when we smashed Reid and their thugs. in the Demo Derby.

Gee I musta missed those years. I don't remembe rthat minicker for the team.
Only time we were thugs was when we smashed Reid and their thugs. in the Demo Derby.
I remember the 2006 derby, the late season one where Freo won by 57 points in the middle of that 9 games winning streak.

Josh carr and Matt carr ganged up on Daniel Kerr. Matt Carr gave away a free kick on a wing for trying to take Daniel Kerr's head off!

We had experience and toughness in that midfield.

Who cares about the last two weeks, the competition works out a style of play very quickly, West Coast did their homework - separated Ryan from Pearce and figure out he sags off.

It's on Ryan, a senior player to recognise that and adapt, in game, he didn't and then to continually admonish the fact he, and he alone, decided to give a 5 metre leg rope to his immediate opponent, was embarrassing.

With respect to scoring.

It's very hard to do when you have no structure ahead of the ball - for too long, Freo under Lyon & no Longmuir, rely on a race back to goal - a modern day paddock approach which simply is not sustainable.
Started with playing Ryan on Waterman. Perhaps West Coast targeted Ryan and singled him out with putting Waterman on him. Pearce was never near Watwrman in the 5 goals he kicked, he was on Darling- which is baffling in itself

With respect to scoring.

100%
Seeing that empty forward half and the inevitable slow down waiting for them to get back when we do force a turnover is quite honestly soul destroying

This is what I think was the clincher after this game that sent people over the edge .
Felt like it would never change because we’ve seen it over and over again

Glass half full though
With Freddy , Sharp , Switta , Walker and Clarke on full jets we can turn it over quickly.

Big problem is though …….who to ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back