No Oppo Supporters Fremantle Do Not Contest A Game In Western Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo fans: tonight hurts but at least be courteous to each other while venting.

Oppostion fans or anyone out to have a crack: don't post here. You will get banned and you will get points.

Just another one of the many examples of the different rules applied to Slime favourites on Saturday ... Reid drags the ball in under and gets tackled two times in the same play and no Free Kick against him ... JL's response tells the story;

View attachment 1966381 View attachment 1966382 View attachment 1966385 View attachment 1966386 View attachment 1966388 View attachment 1966389 View attachment 1966391
Mate I was absolutely screaming, it was incredulous how bad the umpiring was. The worst I've ever seen. I *ing hate it when people say it don't worry about it, own our performance etc. Yes, that's great, we were down, but fk me the umpires absolutely spit roasted us and it was ******* disgraceful. Absolutely text book holding the balls not paid like this one you've shown. They cost us the momentum and gave the eagles the surge they needed.

Just sobered up.

Embarrassed by a few - but the heat really needs to be put on the following players.

• Michael Walters - it's over.
  • Andy Brayshaw - he is bullied off the ball too often, too easily and has limited hurt factor with his possessions - he slows us down.
  • Erasmus - just doesn't want it.
  • James Aish - how do you play a game and have no contested possessions and no tackles, WTF were you doing out there?
  • Luke Ryan - runs his mouth and dyes his air, looks overweight, didn't lay a tackle - was lead up on time and time again and had two contested posessions - truly embarrassing performance.

Everyone looking at the bottom tier to hang out to dry - reality is, our "senior players" in the above group, bar Erasmus, were utterly disgraceful and quite frankly - weak.

Our defense are not great defending out on a lead.

If we allowed the fast movement into fwd during the carlon game we would have been smoked 20x worse

Just sobered up.

Embarrassed by a few - but the heat really needs to be put on the following players.

• Andy Brayshaw - he is bullied off the ball too often, too easily and has limited hurt factor with his possessions - he slows us down.
  • James Aish - how do you play a game and have no contested possessions and no tackles, WTF were you doing out there?
  • Luke Ryan - runs his mouth and dyes his air, looks overweight, didn't lay a tackle - was lead up on time and time again and had two contested posessions - truly embarrassing performance.

Everyone looking at the bottom tier to hang out to dry - reality is, our "senior players" in the above group, bar Erasmus, were utterly disgraceful and quite frankly - weak.

Walters had 6 shots on goal a few weeks ago against the Crows. I'm not writing him off yet. Needs a spell though.

Erasmus just seems very vanilla. He's projecting as a Will Brodie, Ryley Dunn, Chris Masten type of top 10 pick. A midfielder that isn't quick and doesn't have great skills. Might forge a long career but as a Matt deBoer/Bailey Banfield/Nick Suban role player.

That was my sons first Western Derby, and despite being 2 months old he was definitely watching and interested. I am very concerned he was supporting West Coast however as he was smiling despite the drubbing we were getting...

Seriously considering letting him just support my wife's team, Port Adelaide, so he doesn't have to suffer the lifelong misery of being a Freo fan particularly in WA having to deal with West Coast supporters. He is actually a Port member already (FIL bought him membership) so I can save some money too.

Is it really worth it to even follow AFL or should I just get him into a different sport altogether? Serious

Mate I was absolutely screaming, it was incredulous how bad the umpiring was. The worst I've ever seen. I ing hate it when people say it don't worry about it, own our performance etc. Yes, that's great, we were down, but fk me the umpires absolutely spit roasted us and it was ****** disgraceful. Absolutely text book holding the balls not paid like this one you've shown. They cost us the momentum and gave the eagles the surge they needed.
It was awful...Problem i have all my footy mates are West Coast or Carlton supporters...Makes it bloody hard to talk footy.

Just picked my kids up from school and stopped counting at 20 brand new West coast caps..

Mate I was absolutely screaming, it was incredulous how bad the umpiring was. The worst I've ever seen. I ing hate it when people say it don't worry about it, own our performance etc. Yes, that's great, we were down, but fk me the umpires absolutely spit roasted us and it was ****** disgraceful. Absolutely text book holding the balls not paid like this one you've shown. They cost us the momentum and gave the eagles the surge they needed.
Umpiring was ave but didn’t swing any momentum that’s just an excuse. We were obliterated across the board. Wayward kicking was the culprit of the momentum swinging away from us the middle of the 1st qtr.

No excuse football club. Wear it.

Umpiring was ave but didn’t swing any momentum that’s just an excuse. We were obliterated across the board. Wayward kicking was the culprit of the momentum swinging away from us the middle of the 1st qtr.

No excuse football club. Wear it.
Watch the replay and tell me that. In the amiss incident he gets clearly held and thrown off balance before the ball is anywhere near the contest, still tries to mark it even though he’s falling backwards and gets collected by Mcfatty. Then watch the “hold” Draper got penalised for on Jack Williams that he scored a goal from, if that doesn’t convince you, also watch the “hold” Hughes was penalised for of Darling that they also scored a goal from and tell me the umpires didn’t affect the outcome.
In the 3rd quarter when they had a 40+ point lead, we got smashed in the contest everywhere.

It was such a waste of my time sitting in that stadium for 4 hours to watch that horsesh*t. I'd love to get those hours of my life back.

It's been a while since I've been to a West Coast home game, had forgotten what a bunch of dumbarses they are. Calls for BAAALLLLLL as soon as a Freo player touched it, celebrating ducking for frees and just mindless dumb sh*t spewing out of the mouth.

It also sh*ts me how many seats were vacant yet how difficult it was to find tickets. Members really need to put their seats up if they cant make it.

Watch the replay and tell me that. In the amiss incident he gets clearly held and thrown off balance before the ball is anywhere near the contest, still tries to mark it even though he’s falling backwards and gets collected by Mcfatty. Then watch the “hold” Draper got penalised for on Jack Williams that he scored a goal from, if that doesn’t convince you, also watch the “hold” Hughes was penalised for of Darling that they also scored a goal from and tell me the umpires didn’t affect the outcome.
In the 3rd quarter when they had a 40+ point lead, we got smashed in the contest everywhere.
The free against Draper was 100% there. I was sitting right behind the umpire as it happened. Very clear from the none broadcast side.

How often they pay the free kicks is the question.

Just sobered up.

Yes, I think Aish is the one that's escaped the spot light so far, he was basically worst-on with Walters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I think Aish is the one that's escaped the spot light so far, he was basically worst-on with Walters.
Agreed - I actually can’t bear it now sometimes when he kicks the football. If you are an opposition coach you are in dreamland if Aish has high metres gained from his loopy helicopter kicks forward.
He’s a reasonable smart player and gets into good positions because of it but his kicking is at local league level

Agreed - I actually can’t bear it now sometimes when he kicks the football. If you are an opposition coach you are in dreamland if Aish has high metres gained from his loopy helicopter kicks forward.
He’s a reasonable smart player and gets into good positions because of it but his kicking is at local league level
Wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped for Worner tbh. If Wagner was fit he'd probably fill the roll better, but I think he needs another week at WAFL level at least. Worner was really good at Peel.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped for Worner tbh. If Wagner was fit he'd probably fill the roll better, but I think he needs another week at WAFL level at least. Worner was really good at Peel.
Maybe and I wouldnt mind Worner or Wagner getting a run instead of him but history suggest Aish is a big JL favourite so I think there is a number of others ahead of him in the chopping block

First post....so please be gentle....

Something needs to be done to hold umpires to account. Or at the very least, implement a rule change to allow two "challenges" to umpire calls per team per game. i.e. the player challenges the umpire who made the "dubious" call. The umpire then reviews the replay on the big screen and either maintains or withdraws his call. Umpires are human too and make mistakes. Takes pressure off them and also discourages players from playing for a free kick. It won't cost too much time to go to a review nor disrupt the flow of the game. We already see a fair bit of score reviews. For example, in a close contest like Essendon's win over the Crows, it could have been a Crows' win if the incident was reviewed. It would have also made a massive difference to our round 4 game against Carlton where it was clearly a touch ball!! My two cents!

He won't be dropped. He has been one of our best this season and one bad game won't see him lose his place.

Most have said Aish has been pretty solid this season down back and now he has one bad game and people calling for his head lol

I think a lot here follow the strict mantra you're only good as your last game lol
I think there is no chance he will be dropped.
But you cannot deny he’s one of the worst kicks of the footy on the list and blokes like that hurt a team that has expectations of becoming a serious contender.
He’s a good regular for a bottom 6 team in the AFL (maybe that is our true level)

Most have said Aish has been pretty solid this season down back and now he has one bad game and people calling for his head lol

I think a lot here follow the strict mantra you're only good as your last game lol
A lot of ridiculous takes on here, I hope we win so some common-sense can return.

My nuteral mate was all over it.
Yelling at the tv.
Me I'm de sensitised.
It reminded of the old days when Eagles absolutely cleaned up the free kicks.
🤐😭

Aish has been one of our best this year so wont be dropped. How does Walker escape all the scrutiny. I was at the end where he got caught holding the ball and also panicked a number of times with ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back