Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy heck Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that we are asking the AFL about the treatment of Jye Amiss
It didn’t matter because we got a free shortly after but how he got absolutely polaxed about 30 seconds after they got that minor jumper hold in the goal square and got nothing was disgusting

God can we change this ******* title. I was incredibly proud of the way Freo played on the weekend, buoyed by their ability to adapt and choke Carlscum to the point they needed to cheat to win. More heartened than heartbroken.
I have changed since it was clearly too triggering for so many people. Van_Dyke

Animated GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have changed since it was clearly too triggering for so many people. Van_Dyke

Animated GIF
I was one and I appreciate it.

The article title in The West suggested it wasn’t the game in Adelaide game we are asking for clarity about? I hope they are challenging the entire season, especially when you see some of the tables.
Up until the last ten minutes, I didn’t feel that hard done by, but there was just this sense that the umpires were going to find a way to change the result.
Pell coming out attacking Clark reminded us that there’s corruption in AFL umpiring.

I'm sure you're going to make a real difference. Your efforts seem more directed at prosecuting Clark though. Although it does beg the question if there's a supporters of Umpires/AFL executives Big Footy forum.
Im not aiming to make a difference.

i not prosecuting any one. Clark made a mistake, he will learn from it he is only young and was full of adrenilin.

Supporting Freo means being able to see the good , the bad adnd the ugly and still support.

30 yrs been doing that. I dont blame others for the clubs losses. they make mistakes and the coaches job is to work on those skill errors and errors in judgment.

As i repeated throughout my coaching life to juniors and seniors. when the players make less mistakes than the umpires then we can blame others for our losses.

Hatred gets us nowhere in life. Just my personal feelings. Each can live to their own motto

Wait my bad, it appears only Pearce made the claim. Directly from Pearce:

“I chatted to the umpire straight afterwards and he didn’t hear what he said either, it was just the way it was said,” Pearce told reporters on Monday.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...ent-free-kick-against-jordan-clark-c-14236335 (interview available on Freo's youtube channel)

Indirectly/spoken through the journos:

This was Jon Ralph covering what Jordan Clark claimed he said "you fing idiot Jordan" (I think first reported in The West). The added part at the end about the umps not knowing what was said came from Pearce as well. So that was through the press on Sunday, and then today from Pearce's mouth himself the claim that the ump didn't hear what was said either.

Thanks for that link.

So the umpire didn't understand the WORDS spoken, but sadly Clark walking towards umpire while making his comments is the error Clark made. so yelling out something while facing the umpire made the umpire believe it was dissent.
The link also includes the statement Pearce defended the umpire too.

So hopefully lesson learned for all the team. if you going to berate yourself for an error you made, don't do it while facing an umpire.

Thanks for that link.

So the umpire didn't understand the WORDS spoken, but sadly Clark walking towards umpire while making his comments is the error Clark made. so yelling out something while facing the umpire made the umpire believe it was dissent.
The link also includes the statement Pearce defended the umpire too.

So hopefully lesson learned for all the team. if you going to berate yourself for an error you made, don't do it while facing an umpire.
I wasn’t going to weigh in, but that’s absolute rubbish - what you are actually arguing is that this ump paid a game changing free kick due to the “vibe of the thing.” If that isn’t amateur hour and the sign of a ****ed up league, I don’t know what is.

All in all, this whole debacle is a reflection of a competition that is run with no integrity. I’m more inclined to believe that the reason this was done was because someone wanted to protect the winning margin on their multi rather than an honest mistake.

I wasn’t going to weigh in, but that’s absolute rubbish - what you are actually arguing is that this ump paid a game changing free kick due to the “vibe of the thing.” If that isn’t amateur hour and the sign of a ****ed up league, I don’t know what is.

All in all, this whole debacle is a reflection of a competition that is run with no integrity. I’m more inclined to believe that the reason this was done was because someone wanted to protect the winning margin on their multi rather than an honest mistake.
I not arguing anything. I am just saying players need to not give umpires the chance to make that call by not going near an umpire and facing the umpire then yelling something out that could be misconstrued.

and i hope umpires dont look at the time of the game or the situation when deciding to make a call. Make the call RIGHT or WRONG if you see a free kick pay it. Do they do this all the time, no sadly, which is why they are inconsistent. But umpires make mistakes, so do players, as do all humans in life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back