1714227827235.png
Then this
1714227849776.png
And shortly after... this
1714227868661.png

Followed by this
1714227882331.png
Yes of course you do.

Unfortunately the greatest clutch player in our history has finally retired after dismantling the Tigers on many an occasion.

Freo now have a new clutch. Enter Cooper Simpson. The Stingrays prodigy who has already showed glimpses of Dusty Martin.
1714227899029.png

Talking about Dustin Martin, Freo supporters have too much respect for the champions of the game to boo, unlike West Coast supporters when the greats play at Optus.

The key factors to see a Freo win.

Can Freo quell Bolton's x factor up forward and who matches up on him?
Can our midfield get on top of the Tigers?
IMO the key is limiting Bakers influence as he links the mids to the forwards so well.

Brayshaw, Serong, Young and Fyfe need to feed off our big men in Jackson and Darcey. Darcey should be able to break even in the ruck while Jackson has athletic traits to run all around the ground. Freo need to use our rucks to our advantage and stretch the Tigers in the middle.

Freo coming off a good 4 goal win against the Dogs. Freo by 17 points.

Didnt want to make it it's own thread but can tie in here, has anyone looked through the fixture. Personally, I think we match up well on Sydney so dont have them as some boogie team (same as Melbourne) and was looking through the fixtures wondering where all the hard games were. Our last three matches are Geelong, GWS and Port...

We basically have to be locked into the 8 before those games and we've already had our 1 mulligan for the year, can not afford to even look like dropping this one

Didnt want to make it it's own thread but can tie in here, has anyone looked through the fixture. Personally, I think we match up well on Sydney so dont have them as some boogie team (same as Melbourne) and was looking through the fixtures wondering where all the hard games were. Our last three matches are Geelong, GWS and Port...

We basically have to be locked into the 8 before those games and we've already had our 1 mulligan for the year, can not afford to even look like dropping this one
Think we match up well against the Swans at the SCG. They're more an outside team, hence why they tend to get us over here.

I had us 3-4 at this point, with the loss to the swans & pies to come, but finishing 5th to start the season.

Think we split those last 3 games 2-1

But just have to get the job done this week.

i think we can take on every team in the comp atm, bar the giants. sydney we have been able to match it with, but theyve also been able to completely take away the game from us before so it will be interesting how that one goes. heeney in the guts adds another dimension for them as well

Losing to Richmond was pretty much the decline of our season last year.
We had some real deflating losses last year.

• Saints and North rounds 1 & 2,
  • Bulldogs ANZAC day aka lobster tears day,
  • Richmond at Optus
  • Carlton at Optus
  • GWS @ Giants Stadium

I know this is absolutely not how it works. But in my head there's someone at the club with a pad and pencil with this list ensuring that we redeem ourselves for those performances

So far we've made good on North and Bulldogs, next up is the Tigers.

(Yes, I'm going to ignore the Carlton result)

Death, taxes, and Freo beating Geelong. Take it to the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are our bunnies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Of clubs that still exist only one team has a better record against us than Geelong. (Hawthorn, 33.3 % wins for us v 36.6% Geelong).
We have somehow managed to beat them 3 of the last 4 times but that's not that much of a form line. E.g. Since 2016 it's 4-6 Geelong.
They're not our bunnies let's face it.

Of clubs that still exist only one team has a better record against us than Geelong. (Hawthorn, 33.3 % wins for us v 36.6% Geelong).
We have somehow managed to beat them 3 of the last 4 times but that's not that much of a form line. E.g. Since 2016 it's 4-6 Geelong.
Only in finals😂

I just had this weird and sadistic dream. I actually wished we had Richmond at the MCG late in the season.

We had a mid season pick. Use it on David Mundy just for that game lol

If we play like we did Saturday Night, we should defeat this mob by 25 points.

We just need that same intensity from our midfield and we’ll win enough.

Everything clicks this week at the G..
Freo announce themselves and flog the Tigers by more than 8 goals.
Our midfield to rip Richmond a new one, we will kick +20 goals.
Treacy to bag out with 6, Jackson with 5 (ooh yes Jermaine) and Amiss with 5….
Smalls to ‘fill their boots man’ !
Defence to be super stingy, spreading wide as we have been doing then cutting back through the corridor.
Davies to debut with no hat and blood will be spilled….
So say, I, Nutsstradamus…

It was a tongue in cheek comment, but show me a side that has a better record against Geelong in their last 4-5 games at GMHBA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back