Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy heck Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would also like to receive a certificate after having to read through this thread.

It would be nice for my participation to be acknowledged.
season 3 certificate GIF

I eeeffffnnn TOLD you Fogarty was going to miss anyway with a broken wrist!

It’s funny but not funny that his case was classified as careless, high and medium impact.

Medium impact where he breaks his wrist? It’s only because Fyfe got up and took his kick that they assessed it as medium.

To me it high impact all day long. Opposite direction, eyes off ball, left ground and he broke his own wrist!

But medium because Fyfe is a robot.

It’s funny but not funny that his case was classified as careless, high and medium impact.

Medium impact where he breaks his wrist? It’s only because Fyfe got up and took his kick that they assessed it as medium.

To me it high impact all day long. Opposite direction, eyes off ball, left ground and he broke his own wrist!

But medium because Fyfe is a robot.
Add intentional instead of careless and it’s 4 weeks

One thing we’ve learnt from this game is that Carlton fans might be more insufferable than West Coast fans and that’s hard to do.

On a serious note, it’s absolutely ridiculous that an umpire can pay a dissent free without even having heard what was said.

How does anyone hold the umpire accountable for that when it’s just their word against the player’s and the umpire has all the power in that situation ?

One thing we’ve learnt from this game is that Carlton fans might be more insufferable than West Coast fans and that’s hard to do.

On a serious note, it’s absolutely ridiculous that an umpire can pay a dissent free without even having heard what was said.

How does anyone hold the umpire accountable for that when it’s just their word against the player’s and the umpire has all the power in that situation ?
absolutely - they are like the new bf/gf who turns out to be worse

I hate to say it, but both WA clubs are now being shafted by the AFL

Reflection is always good, and after a period of irrational seething, I'm actually very buoyed by what I saw:

1) We have a top-tier midfield that can lock down and bully with the best. Carlton missed Walsh's speed and industry, but they're a unit that have been bossing teams for a while. We didn't just beat them, we annihilated them in the middle. Add Darcy and we're top 3 in the comp here; no one's going to be looking forward to playing us. Port will be a great test, very quick, powerful and skilled unit.

2) Switta and Freddie are massive outs against Port. Speed kills and Port have it in spades; the pressure (perceived and real) both players bring has been a feature in our games so far. On the plus side good chance for Ras/Simpson to stake a claim.

3) Defensively we look outstanding; Pearce, Ryan and Clarke are superb 1v1 and Aish has added a calmness to the half back line. Draper is coming along nicely. We won't face many better players than Curnow, but you'd think there're a few teams who will enter i50 with more skill (GWS/Syd/Port), if the mids impact this delivery though, we're rolled gold.

4) The other aspect of Darcy playing that would've helped us win is (as said by many), Jackson up top. Thought Tabs went OK, but Weitering is a beast, and I think Jackson would've run him around a bit more and added more on the ground.

5) Thought Treacy was immense. That last non-paid mark was unlucky (but he should've held it to eliminate doubt), and he brought a physicality to the game that really unsettled Carlton early. Understandably faded a bit given his enormous work rate and brutality. Rucked well too, ironically maybe should've used him instead of Jacko for the last few with orders to spoil. Massive upside for mine.

6) Reading a lot about us having a low-scoring style that doesn't stack up in finals. Bullshit; JLo is proving to be tactically astute and we're capable of shutting down teams and scoring ourselves. We missed several sitters, and a 3-4 goal win wouldn't have flattered us. Make no bones about it, this is a good Carlton side, even without Walsh (and maybe on an off day, though I'd that was our pressure) and this was an attritional, finals like game.

7) As others have alluded to, this kind of game builds character, hunger and galvanises the group. All great sides have an 'us against the world' mentality, and we've got material for days.

8) Would've loved us to blaze away a few times - left a few goals on the table letting perfect get in the way of good enough. Again, valuable lessons.

TLDR: great experience for a developing side that showed it's on the right track to being a genuine competitor in the comp.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

6) Reading a lot about us having a low-scoring style that doesn't stack up in finals. Bullshit; JLo is proving to be tactically astute and we're capable of shutting down teams and scoring ourselves. We missed several sitters, and a 3-4 goal win wouldn't have flattered us. Make no bones about it, this is a good Carlton side, even without Walsh (and maybe on an off day, though I'd that was our pressure) and this was an attritional, finals like game.

This game and the Adelaide game are only low scoring because our goal kicking was s**t. We kicked 93 against Brisbane and 102 against Norf. That is hardly endemic of a low scoring side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game and the Adelaide game are only low scoring because our goal kicking was s**t. We kicked 93 against Brisbane and 102 against Norf. That is hardly endemic of a low scoring side.
Adelaide game sure, but this game was low scoring because it was designed to be.

Reflection is always good, and after a period of irrational seething, I'm actually very buoyed by what I saw:

1) We have a top-tier midfield that can lock down and bully with the best. Carlton missed Walsh's speed and industry, but they're a unit that have been bossing teams for a while. We didn't just beat them, we annihilated them in the middle. Add Darcy and we're top 3 in the comp here; no one's going to be looking forward to playing us. Port will be a great test, very quick, powerful and skilled unit.

2) Switta and Freddie are massive outs against Port. Speed kills and Port have it in spades; the pressure (perceived and real) both players bring has been a feature in our games so far. On the plus side good chance for Ras/Simpson to stake a claim.

3) Defensively we look outstanding; Pearce, Ryan and Clarke are superb 1v1 and Aish has added a calmness to the half back line. Draper is coming along nicely. We won't face many better players than Curnow, but you'd think there're a few teams who will enter i50 with more skill (GWS/Syd/Port), if the mids impact this delivery though, we're rolled gold.

4) The other aspect of Darcy playing that would've helped us win is (as said by many), Jackson up top. Thought Tabs went OK, but Weitering is a beast, and I think Jackson would've run him around a bit more and added more on the ground.

5) Thought Treacy was immense. That last non-paid mark was unlucky (but he should've held it to eliminate doubt), and he brought a physicality to the game that really unsettled Carlton early. Understandably faded a bit given his enormous work rate and brutality. Rucked well too, ironically maybe should've used him instead of Jacko for the last few with orders to spoil. Massive upside for mine.

7) As others have alluded to, this kind of game builds character, hunger and galvanises the group. All great sides have an 'us against the world' mentality, and we've got material for days.

8) Would've loved us to blaze away a few times - left a few goals on the table letting perfect get in the way of good enough. Again, valuable lessons.

TLDR: great experience for a developing side that showed it's on the right track to being a genuine competitor in the comp.

Old West Yes GIF by GritTV

agree with this. It IS a line in the sand moment and the club goes one of 2 ways; the fork in the road. It's done now and no amount of interminable whining changes the AFL's mind or reverse decisions. It reeks, but it's time to move on and Fremantle needs to show what it's made of because of it. Time to get serious
Yep the results stand and sadly we lost.

Best we move on. Another 19 games to go.

Unlikely we beat Port this week and yes I will rock up. It would be great to beat Port Adelaide for the 1st time in the Adelaide oval era.

Unlikely with both teams current form and situation.

Yeah... Looking back at that crows game... 9.15.69 to crows 4.10.34.

Freo could of easily kicked 14.10.94 or 15.9.99 or 16.8.104 or 17.7.109.

Mate when i was growing it wasn’t called AFL it was just called footy, and you can love the game but this comp is amateurish and corrupt

Stil lcalled Footy by many people. but you asked about AFL.
HAving been involved in junior leages through to senior leagues. there sadly is even corruption in the lower leagues, even though no money or little money involved. sadly to some people winning is everything and the corruption comes in to ensure good fixtures, ground choices, poaching of players etc. always loopholes being found.

So rather than looking for the bad which is easy to find. I just love footy and the best level of footy is played at AFL level.

So yes wherever humans are involved, some will turn to corruption, i just confident not all are corrupt. most things going wrong is just errors and mistakes not deliberate plots to see one side win more than another.

Stil lcalled Footy by many people. but you asked about AFL.
HAving been involved in junior leages through to senior leagues. there sadly is even corruption in the lower leagues, even though no money or little money involved. sadly to some people winning is everything and the corruption comes in to ensure good fixtures, ground choices, poaching of players etc. always loopholes being found.

So rather than looking for the bad which is easy to find. I just love footy and the best level of footy is played at AFL level.

So yes wherever humans are involved, some will turn to corruption, i just confident not all are corrupt. most things going wrong is just errors and mistakes not deliberate plots to see one side win more than another.
This is actually true and it sickens me to admit it
Corruption in amateur football is well and truly alive and ruining the experience for many who aren’t in the circles of power

My favourite thing about this game so far is the Carlton supporters online whinging about the guys wrestling with d***head after he hit Fyfe high. Crikey.

God news Mr Cheese - Switta is likely to play along with Darcy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back