EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the game but it sounds like you are pointing the finger at a particular player.
No not particularly 1 player but at least 3 or 4...had good sources and also was listening to the coverage and both match up. It puts dampers on C grade, Michael Farrelly though is all class it doesn't reflect on him as a player coach.

No not particularly 1 player but at least 3 or 4...had good sources and also was listening to the coverage and both match up. It puts dampers on C grade, Michael Farrelly though is all class it doesn't reflect on him as a player coach.

Interesting observation as isn’t the coach responsible for his players and the way they act, particularly if it’s more than a one off incident. I do hear good things about Farrelly as coach but some things are pre meditated buddy.

E78D411E-F91D-49B2-B664-36E7A28714DD.png Just seen this. It’s against league rules rules to wear tee shirts under your footy jumper. Only allowed to wear club approved jumpers underneath. Seroiusly this is senior footy (and a grand final) not juniors. All clubs recieved guidelines. They fine juniors for wearing things like this. So a fine is coming but surely league officials would have stepped in and said something. This league is just not strong enough and enforcing there own rules.

View attachment 559471 Just seen this. It’s against league rules rules to wear tee shirts under your footy jumper. Only allowed to wear club approved jumpers underneath. Seroiusly this is senior footy (and a grand final) not juniors. All clubs recieved guidelines. They fine juniors for wearing things like this. So a fine is coming but surely league officials would have stepped in and said something. This league is just not strong enough and enforcing there own rules.[/QUOTE
View attachment 559471 Just seen this. It’s against league rules rules to wear tee shirts under your footy jumper. Only allowed to wear club approved jumpers underneath. Seroiusly this is senior footy (and a grand final) not juniors. All clubs recieved guidelines. They fine juniors for wearing things like this. So a fine is coming but surely league officials would have stepped in and said something. This league is just not strong enough and enforcing there own rules.
fine away brother! Who got the medal??

Pla
NS would have at least played off in the Grand Final if it wasn't through its large injury list. Players missing in the Preliminary Final included; Chris and Matthew Gray, Alex Stewart, Michael Siminoni, Bilal Allouche, Ali Saad, Ryan Lofaro. Ahmed Abu-eid was playing after a six week break. If you go back to when NS were winning these players were in the team. All the mentioned players are automatic selections.
Play with who you got.. where’s the depth?

View attachment 559471 Just seen this. It’s against league rules rules to wear tee shirts under your footy jumper. Only allowed to wear club approved jumpers underneath. Seroiusly this is senior footy (and a grand final) not juniors. All clubs recieved guidelines. They fine juniors for wearing things like this. So a fine is coming but surely league officials would have stepped in and said something. This league is just not strong enough and enforcing there own rules.
Turbo going on the Roxy hate rant again. We won, deal with it. If you were in the pre match meeting which I was, the direction was let's play the ball, keep it in tight and contested and not allow them to get their run going. No mention of being physical or forceful and over the top like has been suggested. Nothing premeditated. Give him a call and talk to him about his thoughts on how he wants to play or come and see him at a game.... but you want have the balls to do it.

Also, know you're by-rules. It was compression wear not a t shirt which is allowed.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 72
Turbo going on the Roxy hate rant again. We won, deal with it. If you were in the pre match meeting which I was, the direction was let's play the ball, keep it in tight and contested and not allow them to get their run going. No mention of being physical or forceful and over the top like has been suggested. Nothing premeditated. Give him a call and talk to him about his thoughts on how he wants to play or come and see him at a game.... but you want have the balls to do it.

Also, know you're by-rules. It was compression wear not a t shirt which is allowed.

Well done to Roxy on their win, but if this was the message in the pre match, I’m thinking one player in particular (and I think we all know who it was) doesn’t really understand what this type of football looks like.

The real difference between the two sides came down to some of the older heads in the Roxy team keeping calm under the pressure of the conditions. I haven’t really watched Roxy this year and was impressed by the stabilising play of No. 7 and No. 6 all day. ES did not really do much to curb their influence on the play, they played free for most of the game. ES also tries to play dry-weather footy too much in the wet conditions, too many handballs instead of one handball, one kick and were quiet reactive rather than proactive when the ball was in dispute.

Just my thoughts.

No hatred here UTR. Better team won on the day but conditions also played into the hands of Roxy but that’s footy isn’t it. Your captain lead the way along with the Capt/coach plus that kid at full back. I still think you needed to pull a few into line as you could have lost it through certain player wanting to argue with the umpire. This was your undoing in past years however I do see an improvement.

I’m not actually having a go but rather stating this league needs to step up as you can’t wear compression gear unless it’s skin colour. So basically it’s hidden in with skin colour.

No hatred here UTR. Better team won on the day but conditions also played into the hands of Roxy but that’s footy isn’t it. Your captain lead the way along with the Capt/coach plus that kid at full back. I still think you needed to pull a few into line as you could have lost it through certain player wanting to argue with the umpire. This was your undoing in past years however I do see an improvement.

I’m not actually having a go but rather stating this league needs to step up as you can’t wear compression gear unless it’s skin colour. So basically it’s hidden in with skin colour.
So the two players that wear full skin compression garments are allowed to from northern saints?

Here is a question for the people at Roxy to keep you entertained during mad Monday.

It’s going to take a huge effort for Roxy to survive in div1 next season and they will go straight down.
Why?
-Roxy only kicked 6 goals in the GF in div2 so will need to find another 20 goals from somewhere. Compare Roxy’s 6 goals to Jacana kicking 17 goals in 2017 GF. So they will need to recruit at least 3 good forwards. Capuano is a decent player but will struggle as the main forward in div1 especially if the side is struggling. He went ok at Glenroy but keep in mind that was a decent side with some good forwards around him.
-About 5 players on the list clearly will not play on next season in div1. Will Merhi stay on? If not need to find a ruckman and that will cost you plenty of $$.
-Yes they have 19s which is a big positive, but not many ex Roxy homegrown players playing in better leagues elsewhere they can try and get back as 1 pointers.
-Do they have the $$ to recruit at least 7-8 senior players??
-Will they source a non playing coach or stick with a playing coach? Playing coach in div1 is just not practical and the model is not successful in higher leagues.

Interested in your thoughts Uptherox!!

Here is a question for the people at Roxy to keep you entertained during mad Monday.

It’s going to take a huge effort for Roxy to survive in div1 next season and they will go straight down.
Why?
-Roxy only kicked 6 goals in the GF in div2 so will need to find another 20 goals from somewhere. Compare Roxy’s 6 goals to Jacana kicking 17 goals in 2017 GF. So they will need to recruit at least 3 good forwards. Capuano is a decent player but will struggle as the main forward in div1 especially if the side is struggling. He went ok at Glenroy but keep in mind that was a decent side with some good forwards around him.
-About 5 players on the list clearly will not play on next season in div1. Will Merhi stay on? If not need to find a ruckman and that will cost you plenty of $$.
-Yes they have 19s which is a big positive, but not many ex Roxy homegrown players playing in better leagues elsewhere they can try and get back as 1 pointers.
-Will they source a non playing coach or stick with a playing coach? Playing coach in div1 is just not practical and the model is not successful in higher leagues.

I don't think 1 person on this site gives two $%$#s about what u think turbo
While your at work we will be at the Roxy pub celebrating our maiden flag
Come down and voice your opinion I'll even but you a vodka cruiser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

6 Goals was enough to win the game was it not ?.
The 2nd division grand final in NFL the winners scored 3 goals, maybe take the conditions into account ?.
As for the rest of your argument, i'm sure they would be aware that they will have to recruit some quality it's not rocket science !.

Why?

How can you compare two grand finals between two different teams on COMPLETELY different days. I was there last year agnes I don't recall it hailing at any stage during the day Jacana won. Most ridiculous reason given for why a club can't stay up

Yeah a few blokes might not go around again but we've already got people knocking on our door. We'll be alright.

Everyone knows it's a tough gig going up to div 1 trying to survive... not many doo but we'll give it a red hot crack. Meanwhile, some congrats for winning a flag would be nice. They are bloody hard to win.

Bu the way, read the bylaws again, if the garment matches your jumper/ shorts how is that different to wearing long sleeves? As long as it's not a red top under a black jumper i don't get the issue

Why?

Your continual negativity towards the Roxburgh Park FC is very disappointing to read Turbo. I'll put my hand up and say that I have a connection with the club as son's of my friends play there as well as at Craigieburn. And yes the gap between the Division 1 clubs and Roxy in terms of finance, resources etc is quite wide. But seriously give this club some credit. I think they are approx 14 years old in a demographic that is difficult to attract junior players and sponsorship. Their budget this year in relation to player payments was in the bottom two or three out of all the other Division 2 clubs from what I hear. The committee are quite aware that there is a lot of hard work ahead just to survive the drop from Division 1 and will no doubt work their butts off. They have just moved into new a new social club after only having a portable to work in since day one. They have two ovals which both have excellent lighting and the surfaces are always in good condition. They will have a new electronic scoreboard next year and new coaches boxes. Their players are always known to go into the opposition rooms after a game for a drink, win or lose. So how about you stop making a fool of yourself and go down one day/night next year and meet the hard working people behind the club.
And to next years Division 2 premiers make sure you are on your best behavior and have plenty of $$$$$ otherwise Turbo will have you on your death bed as soon as you hold up the cup.

Your continual negativity towards the Roxburgh Park FC is very disappointing to read Turbo. I'll put my hand up and say that I have a connection with the club as son's of my friends play there as well as at Craigieburn. And yes the gap between the Division 1 clubs and Roxy in terms of finance, resources etc is quite wide. But seriously give this club some credit. I think they are approx 14 years old in a demographic that is difficult to attract junior players and sponsorship. Their budget this year in relation to player payments was in the bottom two or three out of all the other Division 2 clubs from what I hear. The committee are quite aware that there is a lot of hard work ahead just to survive the drop from Division 1 and will no doubt work their butts off. They have just moved into new a new social club after only having a portable to work in since day one. They have two ovals which both have excellent lighting and the surfaces are always in good condition. They will have a new electronic scoreboard next year and new coaches boxes. Their players are always known to go into the opposition rooms after a game for a drink, win or lose. So how about you stop making a fool of yourself and go down one day/night next year and meet the hard working people behind the club.
And to next years Division 2 premiers make sure you are on your best behavior and have plenty of $$$$$ otherwise Turbo will have you on your death bed as soon as you hold up the cup.
Great post CouldNotPlay. I too am connected to RP through friends as well and have been able to watch them play a handful of times over this season and past seasons. The premiership team contains only a few players who are new arrivals to the club this season and last and the club has worked hard to improve on previous grand final disappointments. I think they are entitled to celebrate pretty hard after being a strong performer in this division for 4 of the last 5 seasons. They deserve an opportunity to test themselves against tougher opposition and hopefully they can get to a position where they can compete with the stronger clubs already in Division 1. It is not a healthy position for this league if every division 2 premier is then relegated the following season with no wins or only 1 or 2 wins. It is also unhealthy for Division 2 clubs if they need to double their player budgets just to hope to compete. I realise each club has an opportunity to strengthen their club by having to generate enough funds to pay more coin to players however the gap from the bottom couple of clubs in Division 1 to all Division 2 clubs appears to be huge at the moment.

I don't think 1 person on this site gives two $%$#s about what u think turbo
While your at work we will be at the Roxy pub celebrating our maiden flag
Come down and voice your opinion I'll even but you a vodka cruiser

Cmon NOGUD, I’m sure you guys have your phones and iPads out and tuned into big footys very turbo. I’m sure it’s keeping you entertained as no good race meetings on today to bet on. I’m sure the pool tables are closed for the day. Lol

I will admit Ive had some bad experiences with Roxy and it’s kind of left a bad mark on me. I still haven’t recovered from seeing a past President (who was President at the time) get king hit by a supporter (who was closely associated with a then player) after a reserves game and prior to the main game. These club presidents do a power of work and some is unrewarded stuff. Who does that? And then who gets away with it..
I also was a fan of a past Capt/coach in Joey who was also starting to put the club in a good space only to be pushed off the cliff..

I would come down but surely I’m worth a scotch & Coke. Well I would probably get a free drink, but over my head. Lol

I disagree with posters on my observation of kicking only 6 goals.

However I do agree it’s not a good look for clubs to go up and then back down after 1 season. I know Jacana were extremely confident of being able to avoid the drop down after dominating div2 in 2017 and they didn’t lose many besides Johno. Well they did lose Cam Cloke but picked up Jason Cloke.But they found it tough however did try hard and gave it a good shot..

Is the main concern around the salary cap for div1? Is 190k to high?? I reckon it should be 140-150k but then again who is monitoring it..This could help clubs promoted..

The comment around Roxy’s budget being in the bottom 2-3 clubs in div2 is rubbish and laughable. They would be in the top 2-3 clubs when it comes to player budgets. Coburg Districts seem to be up there and Roxy probably spending similar to MV I reckon.
NS, ES, BS, HF all paying less than the above 3 clubs and that’s not rocket science boys. HF and BS pay peanuts and ES not spending much either.

Anyway boys enjoy the Celebrations you earned it. I hope for the betterment of footy in general we see a competitive Roxy next season on ground and respect shown off field.
“Now who’s shout is it”

Interesting to see that the EDFL initially posted the Div 2 team of the year - instead of the ‘sneak peek’ - on Twitter last night!

It would be pretty ordinary if the coach was also given the heave ho from his club. Felicity of Fawkner tells me much of his, I'd imagine minimal, wage went back into the club. Love the Sainters, but seriously hope they put they don't take one or two steps backwards after a couple of really good years.

Anyone wanna have a shot at making the team

B-Farrelly, not sure on full back, blackley
HB-Fawcus MacKinnon m.farrelley
C-
HF-Vesnaver, taleb, ogilvie
F- Ferraro, covelli, cappa
R- ferras, bernacki
B- short, lever, vesnaver

Didn't see enough of valley or districts thi comment on their blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad