EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Was an interesting watch, great display a bit strong though IMO. Was a mistake riddled game for the most part, DP were too good and strong through the middle on the back of a dominant Greenhough in ruck. Majak looked really dangerous but they were very predictable going to him almost all entries, was a good contest him and Brereton.
APW midfield is struggling, Young looks unfit or uninterested and doesn’t work hard enough, Edwards got shown up again he’s just a bit slow around the ground and Hanson gets a lot of it but doesn’t do much with it. Gentile was very good again and always looked the most dangerous inside 50 but has FA help. Interesting that APW dropped young ruckman Cullen. Not much going right at moment and on paper the list looks stronger than the results, but who they beating ??

Deer Park’s depth is the worst in the competition, they don’t rotate and they carry at a minimum 4 or 5 players that struggle but imagine are one pointers. One fella looked too unfit to get through a reserves game, another spent 90% of time on the bench. But with Majak playing and few top end talent they should secure a couple more wins. Talk of them playing finals is delusional for anyone that’s seen them live.

Predictions after first month …

• Keilor’s to lose, don’t see anyone pushing them. Won’t lose a game.
  • Pacco or Abers to play off after a prelim.
  • Strathmore will be there and if full list available they won’t be an easy final for anyone, might be a bit off pace for now.
  • 5th spot wide open, good for the comp. Team with the most luck with injuries and momentum between EK, Greenvale and Douttas will snatch it.
  • IMO APW, Avondale and if injures hit then Deer Park too will fight out relegation.

Makes for a lot of big “double point” games, bring it on!
Did you watch this game live or snippets on the replay?
Your analysis of Young (7) for AW is a tad off. He almost single handedly won the game for them. Played on the ball for the majority of the game and if he's unfit well there's a few players that need to have a squiz at themselves for workrate and effort. Best on ground by a mile and l don't even follow them. Tough critic it seems or you out have an axe to grind here !!

Your analysis of Young (7) for AW is a tad off. He almost single handedly won the game for them. Played on the ball for the majority of the game and if he's unfit well there's a few players that need to have a squiz at themselves for workrate and effort. Best on ground by a mile and l don't even follow them. Tough critic it seems or you out have an axe to grind here !!
No axe to grind, watched live. He walks a lot, doesn’t help out in team defence (APW leak!). Think he could have a lot more impact fwd, just my opinion and holding him to his own very high standards.

Who do you think won the midfield battle ?

No axe to grind, watched live. He walks a lot, doesn’t help out in team defence (APW leak!). Think he could have a lot more impact fwd, just my opinion and holding him to his own very high standards.

Who do you think won the midfield battle ?
I saw apw dp I personaly think apw is 5 goal better team than dp they have a few out an they still haven't bonded young is a absolute gun but I do think he plays for himself if he became a leader brought other guys into the game not turn it over so much thats all apw to be honest u will see better team
Apw is better than what there putting out so far

I saw apw dp I personaly think apw is 5 goal better team than dp they have a few out an they still haven't bonded young is a absolute gun but I do think he plays for himself if he became a leader brought other guys into the game not turn it over so much thats all apw to be honest u will see better team
Apw is better than what there putting out so far
They have been very disappointing. New coach so can take time to adjust but they need to move quick before they find themselves 2 games behind 9th and chasing!

They have been very disappointing. New coach so can take time to adjust but they need to move quick before they find themselves 2 games behind 9th and chasing!
They not gunna make finals this year obviously but next year an end of this year i think They will see improvement

Keilor by 24 over Abers

EK by 1 over Deer Park

Mores by 30 over APW

Douttas by 12 over GV

Pacco by 50 over Heights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back