EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Westy by 5 points. After a fast start to westy, 5 goals to 0 westy stopped for 2 quarters before an even last quarter. Enjoyed the game CD very similar to westy, not overly big, but can run in numbers. If westy play 3 out of 4 quarters today, they would have won by a bigger margin, but CD very good. The only slight on the game was the umpires atrocious, almost ruined what was an enjoyable game, but I guess that's div 2 standard, unfortunately.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Coburg would be absolutely kicking themselves. Bad kicking is bad footy mate.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reserves game and because of a serious injury
Mate of a mate says game abandoned due to a serious broken ankle. Trainers from both teams did all they could but couldn't move him from the field till the ambos got there. By then the umpires called the game off. Hope the player is OK nobody wants to see that happen in suburban footy

Mate of a mate says game abandoned due to a serious broken ankle. Trainers from both teams did all they could but couldn't move him from the field till the ambos got there. By then the umpires called the game off. Hope the player is OK nobody wants to see that happen in suburban footy

Very bad Ankle injury. Happened early in the first of the twos, could hear the crack from near the club rooms. Took just over 32 minutes for the ambos to come but apparently anything over 30 minutes the game has to be abandoned?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

who would have thought that west meadows would be sitting on top of the ladder after round two ? not me that's for sure but good on them and the season looks like being anything but doom and gloom that was predicted

who would have thought that west meadows would be sitting on top of the ladder after round two ? not me that's for sure but good on them and the season looks like being anything but doom and gloom that was predicted
Westy should never be a div2 club as they had had decent juniors only a few years back and 18.5s playing in finals. Might have even won it but I can’t remember. Pretty good club but lost there way a bit over recent years. Lots of kids around there also isn’t there??

Westy should never be a div2 club as they had had decent juniors only a few years back and 18.5s playing in finals. Might have even won it but I can’t remember. Pretty good club but lost there way a bit over recent years. Lots of kids around there also isn’t there??

They were very young in the practice match against Wallan. I thought they looked pretty good. Not sure they'll win it, but a big shot at the top 4.

there was but I believe they have lost their way as well they have no u18.s this year but do have u16s

Anyone else blown away by the scores in the East Sunbury and SK game?

What a strange result, with all due to respect to ES.

Anyone else blown away by the scores in the East Sunbury and SK game?

What a strange result, with all due to respect to ES.
Kangaroos were up by about 50 points almost at 3qtr time. Looks like they took the foot off in the last quarter. I wasn't there, but I was told not many even cared about the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough.

Credit to ES though. Most would've expected 130 +. Hopefully they're making strides.
Unfortunately most from the club dont think the clash means much at all and the EDFL is trying to make something big out of it. It's obvious who the prefered team would be in a clash but that isnt able to happen, for atleast this year anyway. I think east will be a better team than last year. They did recruit some decent players but thr problem will be depth. As the season gets longer they may run into trouble. I hope they do well as it makes the competition better than it already is.

Last edited:
Div 2 is very healthy.

Northern would be upset with their start. Good to see Westy more than competing.

Glenroy might have a few long days coming up...

Wow, Westy put on a display today. They were a much smaller team, but gee they played hard and fast and great teamwork by all. Pick a name out if a hat for the best player, a great all-around display. It could have been a much larger win if they hadn't taken the foot of for the last 20 mins.

Congratulations to Glenroy for putting on a very fitting Anzac day service before game, quality club

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back