EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting results today.

Hillside showing they’re much better than last season.
Rupo good win, bt KP by a lot more than Roxy did.
Tulla 1st game but bad loss.

Might be more teams in the relegation battle than 1st thought.

Rupo impressive win today 41 points, were up by 60 at one point. Keilor Park seems kinda dead for atmosphere, are there any edfl clubs that pull decent numbers and a more vibrant atmosphere? I'm more used to country footy so genuinely curious to know.
Yeah big open oval with rooms not close to playing surface. Very windy at times. Council do them no favours and I’m sure it hurts there finances. Think they had a past players day so would be disappointed in the loss especially after there reserves had a good win. No 18.5 hurts them and not sure they have 3rds after having 2 thirds sides last season.

Enjoyed the match of day telecast HS v WC. Thought the commentary was pretty good, very entertaining match.

Hillside looked down & out numerous times but showed a fair bit of grit to hang in.

HS - Fort Caruso, Prestia were good in the mids, Covelli couldn’t be stopped up forward, Pettigrove good in defence.

WC- Horo, Baravi, Cleary all good in midfield, Galoforo dominated the ruck, Taha good up forward & Bowkett good in defence.

The coach did a great job last year winning four of the last eight games in what was a very tough season and with a greatly depleted playing list.

I was at the game and I'd say the biggest problem with Tulla in both 1's and 2's was the noticeable lack of match practice. This was Tulla's first game of the season, it was OP's third.

Both 1's and 2's had very impressive line ups but they made lots of mistakes. On paper the reserves side was almost as strong as 2022 but things may take a while to click.

I think everyone was a bit disappointed with the result today as we certainly expected to get the win but Tulla will bounce back in five days time against KP in the Anzac Day clash.
OP just played better tough ground to win on…and expensive for a drink $7.beer not happy…..

Enjoyed the match of day telecast HS v WC. Thought the commentary was pretty good, very entertaining match.

Hillside looked down & out numerous times but showed a fair bit of grit to hang in.

HS - Fort Caruso, Prestia were good in the mids, Covelli couldn’t be stopped up forward, Pettigrove good in defence.

WC- Horo, Baravi, Cleary all good in midfield, Galoforo dominated the ruck, Taha good up forward & Bowkett good in defence.
Hillside seemed to have improved greatly with there recruits and that extra body strength and experience probably showed I imagine as seen Fort got given BOG. Appear to have the right mix with there leg speed and youth.

Every game this weekend had an interesting result!

Not many picked Oak Park
No one picked Rupo and they did it comfortably
St Albans didn’t win by as much as everyone thought
Hillside an upset
Marby won by a lot more than anyone thought

Tough week for the tipsters out there!

Does this open up the relegation battle with loses Tulla & KP ?

Seems like Keilor Park are going to be in the fight again being 0-3 (having played Rupo and Roxy already)

Not many picked Oak Park
Hillside an upset

Seems like Keilor Park are going to be in the fight again being 0-3 (having played Rupo and Roxy already)
Marby too quick and polished left MV in their dust

Not many picked Oak Park
Hillside an upset

KP is fav for me, can’t see them winning a game.

Hillside seemed to have improved greatly with there recruits and that extra body strength and experience probably showed I imagine as seen Fort got given BOG. Appear to have the right mix with there leg speed and youth.
WC I feel got ahead of themselves at stages of the game great and to see the experience HS have added help the young guys through the tough stages of the game to keep then grinding away. HS’s fitness and speed helping them hold on in the dying stages of the game.

2 teams though again this year..

Are Rupo better than everyone expected or are Keilor Park just worse than everyone expected?

Rupo kept some good Div 1 players, the problem will be depth given the 2s lost by 151 points. Still think it's down to those two sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are just tips mate. If you want to actually know how the comp is going start watching some games. All you do is generalise
Yes I’m yet to watch a game nor did I watch many last year. I’m only going off your predictions buddy.. 3 out of 4 games you predict by around 10 goals.

Giving me far too much credit for my tips!
They are pretty spot on though, in my opinion anyway. Tulla will need a big win on Thursday to regain any respect and threaten as a finals contender. Going only on the few results we have, top 3 are WC, HS & MP, in any order, then StA, with Craigieburn fighting for the finals, before Saturday, I had Tulla in that mix, maybe it was a first game slip but time will tell. Don't think anyone else can challenge those 6.

They are pretty spot on though, in my opinion anyway. Tulla will need a big win on Thursday to regain any respect and threaten as a finals contender. Going only on the few results we have, top 3 are WC, HS & MP, in any order, then StA, with Craigieburn fighting for the finals, before Saturday, I had Tulla in that mix, maybe it was a first game slip but time will tell. Don't think anyone else can challenge those 6.
Think St.Albans can get going and match the top 4 as well, will be interesting to see how Craigieburn fair this week.

Agree re:Tulla, that’s a bad one to drop first up, they need to make a statement against KP and should do so. A lot of pre season talk to lose to a promoted 3rd tier team.

Think St.Albans can get going and match the top 4 as well, will be interesting to see how Craigieburn fair this week.

Agree re:Tulla, that’s a bad one to drop first up, they need to make a statement against KP and should do so. A lot of pre season talk to lose to a promoted 3rd tier team.
Agree, it's a very interesting watch that game. If St.Albans come out and touch them up, then it comes down to 4 teams, which we all expected. If Craigeburn can role them. Could they possible push for a double chance?

Hillside by plenty, a team of stars finally clicking into gear on the back of a come from behind win against another top contender.
West Coburg, again by plenty, will want to make up for a missed opportunity last week.
St Albans, not by plenty, but 5 to 6 goals. With Coletta and Volpato named, and their other big names, should account for Craigieburn who probably consider themselves a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back