EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just after a bit of information .
Is it standard practice in the EDFL for clubs to pay players for under 18.5 games ?
It’s not standard practice but I guess clubs have been forced to look at ways to get 18s into a club or keep current good ones from being poached. It’s not ideal but if you are compensating by not paying out as much on your senior list but deciding to put some $$ towards your junior program it could be a good move.
Points system has made clubs think outside the normal process.
It would appear also there have had been a big decline in numbers for 18s this season at a lot of clubs.

It’s not standard practice but I guess clubs have been forced to look at ways to get 18s into a club or keep current good ones from being poached. It’s not ideal but if you are compensating by not paying out as much on your senior list but deciding to put some $$ towards your junior program it could be a good move.
It would appear also there have had been a big decline in numbers for 18s this season at a lot of clubs.
McPharlan back to Roxy…

There is the same number of teams listed across the competition this year as there was last year but that doesn’t always equate to the same level of participation.

Hillside by 35 (will need to win by more if the hype is to be believed)
Roxy by 50 (it will be a long year for KP)
Moonee Valley by 20 (OP will be competitive for about a 1/2 to 3/4s)
St Albans by 80+ (looking like an even longer year for Rupo)
West Coburg by 10 (will be to big and strong on the inside, on a smaller ground will restrict Marby's ball movement on the outside)
Spot on!

His having a tantrum like a 2 year old because he wasn’t picked to play seniors. Heard Sunshine won’t clear him, stated he can run water for Roxy

Seeing that l know this family. When l heard that he had left , l spoke to he’s dad to try to get him to come craigieburn. Yes it is true that he hasn’t been going to training much but it’s got more to do with that his mum has been sick for the last couple of years & over the summer she wasn’t responding to treatment. So he now wants to play closer to home so he mum can come & watch him. So maybe have some respect for he’s situation . There was always two sides to a story.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing that l know this family. When l heard that he had left , l spoke to he’s dad to try to get him to come craigieburn. Yes it is true that he hasn’t been going to training much but it’s got more to do with that his mum has been sick for the last couple of years & over the summer she wasn’t responding to treatment. So he now wants to play closer to home so he mum can come & watch him. So maybe have some respect for he’s situation . There was always two sides to a story.

That’s horrible for the young lad, but he was available for selection for Sunshine 7 days ago! Regardless of the other side of the story it doesn’t read well that he was left out through lack of preparation and first instinct is to walk. If you put your hand out and sign a contract, the minimum he should be doing is seeing out the season with Sunshine.

That’s horrible for the young lad, but he was available for selection for Sunshine 7 days ago! Regardless of the other side of the story it doesn’t read well that he was left out through lack of preparation and first instinct is to walk. If you put your hand out and sign a contract, the minimum he should be doing is seeing out the season with Sunshine.

I found out that he was at Roxy training on last Thursday so that put him there before selection was even done at sunshine. So did they give him a couple weeks notice ? I don’t know just going off what he’s dad told me

I found out that he was at Roxy training on last Thursday so that put him there before selection was even done at sunshine. So did they give him a couple weeks notice ? I don’t know just going off what he’s dad told me

So what happens now Big Kick? I'm also hearing that there is a family connection between the Sunshine Coach and the Mcpharlins. That would be making things awkward if true.

Are you allowed to train at another club whilst signed somewhere else unless you get permission.

Rupo only 10 players in reserves
Think they have 15 listed now. Originally put down senior players to get the minimum number of players to enter the team list. Problem will be when injuries and unavailability occurs in the coming weeks. So many players across the whole club are returning to football so it is a real challenge.

Think they have 15 listed now. Originally put down senior players to get the minimum number of players to enter the team list. Problem will be when injuries and unavailability occurs in the coming weeks. So many players across the whole club are returning to football so it is a real challenge.
Any scores anybody HQ is FFFF

Having technical difficulties

SATURDAY SCOREBOARD

STRATHMORE COMMUNITY BANK PREMIER DIVISION

Greenvale 7.9 (51) def. by Avondale Heights 9.9 (63)
Airport West 10.14 (74) def. by Aberfeldie 16.13 (109)
Deer Park 9.8 (62) def. by Keilor 21.12 (138)
East Keilor 7.13 (55) def. by Strathmore 20.8 (128)
Essendon Doutta Stars 6.6 (42) def. by Pascoe Vale 16.14 (110)

AIRPORT TOYOTA WOMEN’S PREMIER DIVISION

Oak Park 7.11 (53) def. Aberfeldie 4.4 (28)
Keilor 1.4 (10) def. by Hillside 12.9 (81)
Maribyrnong Park 3.2 (20) def. by Essendon Doutta Stars 11.8 (74)
Westmeadows 2.3 (15) def. by Moonee Valley 6.6 (42)

STRATHMORE COMMUNITY BANK DIVISION ONE

Hillside 11.12 (78) def. Craigieburn 8.9 (57)
Roxburgh Park 11.9 (75) def. Keilor Park 10.10 (70)
Moonee Valley 15.15 (105) def. Oak Park 11.7 (73)
Rupertswood 5.6 (36) def. by St Albans 15.18 (108)
West Coburg 12.9 (81) def. Maribyrnong Park 8.17 (65)

AIRPORT TOYOTA WOMEN’S DIVISION ONE

Airport West 10.10 (70) def. Keilor Park 2.2 (14)
Greenvale 3.2 (20) def. by Burnside Heights 10.8 (68)
Tullamarine 8.3 (51) def. Strathmore/Pascoe Vale 2.1 (13)

STRATHMORE COMMUNITY BANK DIVISION TWO

Coburg Districts 12.16 (88) def. Northern Saints 12.9 (81)
East Sunbury 4.2 (26) def. by Westmeadows 26.15 (171)
Taylors Lakes 15.16 (106) def. Sunbury Kangaroos 10.14 (74)
(Friday night) Burnside Heights 18.21 (129) def. Hadfield 5.5 (35)

AIRPORT TOYOTA WOMEN’S DIVISION TWO

Sunbury Lions 9.7 (61) def. Sunbury Kangaroos 2.2 (14)
East Sunbury 0.2 (2) def. by Taylors Lakes 16.8 (104)
Glenroy 2.4 (16) def. by Roxburgh Park 3.13 (31)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back