EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at Westy v Northern. NS standard Undiscipline stuff. Westy very slick. Aaron Evans needs more attention than he gets, star of the comp.

Sunbury Roos big win gives them a 2 game gap in 4th. Westy will be hard to chase down for a spot in the 4 from here. Northern few injury issues also coming up against haddy fresh off a bye.
You are not wrong. The thing with westy is the fwds are all dangerous. If big Rex and Evens don't get you, then Fllavs, Stingel, and Ogrady get you all need attention.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was at Westy v Northern. NS standard Undiscipline stuff. Westy very slick. Aaron Evans needs more attention than he gets, star of the comp.

Sunbury Roos big win gives them a 2 game gap in 4th. Westy will be hard to chase down for a spot in the 4 from here. Northern few injury issues also coming up against haddy fresh off a bye.
NS always been undisciplined when they are losing. Been going on for years up there.

NS always been undisciplined when they are losing. Been going on for years up there.
They recruited some boys who didn’t quite fit the ‘Northern mould’ in Riley Houston and Tom Mendico over the summer and it’s interesting that they’re already not playing. I’m hearing bit of turmoil down there already this early in the season.

They recruited some boys who didn’t quite fit the ‘Northern mould’ in Riley Houston and Tom Mendico over the summer and it’s interesting that they’re already not playing. I’m hearing bit of turmoil down there already this early in the season.
Interestingly put……….what exactly is the nature of the turmoil, that you are ‘hearing’?

Back on the game; I watched the game. Westy like I said previously, excellent with ball in hand, use it very well, don’t waste it, assess the situation and use it accordingly.
They deserve the top billing at the moment, and hey they’ve been a Div 1 club for years so that will give them some additional confidence in this grade.

With Northern have their work cut out for them, but can still show something, as really only 4 games in. Apart from first quarter and parts of the third which was where they lost their cool with the umpires they were with Westy. If they can shut their mouths and not react to umpire calls, not saying the umpire calls where right by any stretch, then this will make their coach happy. Apart from that it was a good game to watch, good banter from the fence, some highlights, great day and ground in top condition, burgers were good too.

Interestingly put……….what exactly is the nature of the turmoil, that you are ‘hearing’?

Back on the game; I watched the game. Westy like I said previously, excellent with ball in hand, use it very well, don’t waste it, assess the situation and use it accordingly.
They deserve the top billing at the moment, and hey they’ve been a Div 1 club for years so that will give them some additional confidence in this grade.

With Northern have their work cut out for them, but can still show something, as really only 4 games in. Apart from first quarter and parts of the third which was where they lost their cool with the umpires they were with Westy. If they can shut their mouths and not react to umpire calls, not saying the umpire calls where right by any stretch, then this will make their coach happy. Apart from that it was a good game to watch, good banter from the fence, some highlights, great day and ground in top condition, burgers were good too.
Probably time their coach gave it away tbh. Same Undiscipline every year but when he runs the club and pulls all the strings no one will hold him accountable and things will stay the same.

Theirs Thirds game got called off Friday night also. Senior footballers getting games called off is beyond embarrassing.

The coach and president decided to call the game off before it got out of control

Saw the problem and addressed it
Have heard good things about there president and his strength to lead. But how does this occur as it’s thirds for F sake. It’s not a reason to turn up just to punch on. Heard some other clubs aren’t great either with cheap shots late.

Probably time their coach gave it away tbh. Same Undiscipline every year but when he runs the club and pulls all the strings no one will hold him accountable and things will stay the same.
The coach can only do some much from the boundary line. Its the playing group who are on the ground and need to rein in theses hot heads who are costing them big time in a game .

Have watched a fair bit of NS in the last few years, and they do have an issue with control, especially when they're losing.
NS people would probably disagree with that, but when challenged they have more temper tantrums than other clubs and lose the plot.

Have heard good things about there president and his strength to lead. But how does this occur as it’s thirds for F sake. It’s not a reason to turn up just to punch on. Heard some other clubs aren’t great either with cheap shots late.
Yeah good bloke sheiky so is the ones coach tamer for the bloke who was bagging him in previous posts

We all know what the issue is at the club Hadfield had the same problem some time ago. I Have seen multiple coach’s try to address it but it’s just not that easy. What is easy is blokes coming on here potting the blokes who’ve put their hand up and doing the best they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah good bloke sheiky so is the ones coach tamer for the bloke who was bagging him in previous posts

We all know what the issue is at the club Hadfield had the same problem some time ago. I Have seen multiple coach’s try to address it but it’s just not that easy. What is easy is blokes coming on here potting the blokes who’ve put their hand up and doing the best they can.

I know a few of the leaders off field there and they're great blokes. Seem to be doing their best.

Could not agree more.

My mail tells me Hadfield kicked players out of there club and their mates that were causing trouble. Think NS must do the same. Inform the league to assist so if they move clubs the new club is told the penalties if these players continue to cause trouble. Wean then out of footy.
It appears Haddy have come out the other side which is great..
Appointment of junior coaches is not easy to find but these clubs need to find coaches who will install discipline at the young ages and not sit back and allow things to occur and continue to turn a blind eye..It’s no good long turn!!
Why would President want to put out a thirds team just to get headaches. I’m sure he would rather be at home with his family then monitoring thirds games or junior games just to put a stop to anyone causing issues..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back