EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, Westy put on a display today. They were a much smaller team, but gee they played hard and fast and great teamwork by all. Pick a name out if a hat for the best player, a great all-around display. It could have been a much larger win if they hadn't taken the foot of for the last 20 mins.

Congratulations to Glenroy for putting on a very fitting Anzac day service before game, quality club

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Big win. Not looking good for Glenroy.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, Westy put on a display today. They were a much smaller team, but gee they played hard and fast and great teamwork by all. Pick a name out if a hat for the best player, a great all-around display. It could have been a much larger win if they hadn't taken the foot of for the last 20 mins.

Congratulations to Glenroy for putting on a very fitting Anzac day service before game, quality club

Glenroy President Murray Neilson you will only get quality. Although they have dropped to div2 he has held that club up with the highest respect.
Great to see Westy fighting back. Looks like a Westy, Burnside & Taylor Lakes year.

Glenroy President Murray Neilson you will only get quality. Although they have dropped to div2 he has held that club up with the highest respect.
Great to see Westy fighting back. Looks like a Westy, Burnside & Taylor Lakes year.
Murray is a great bloke. Always remember the hard work he's done at the club when I played for the Roy's before going up to Sunbury Kangas.

Wasn’t expecting that result between Glenroy and Westy.

Long season still to play out but early signs are i underestimated Westy and overestimated Glenroy.

Guilty of underestimating BH also they are going great guns. Recruits seem to be making a big difference

Some more interesting games to come tomorrow.

Long season still to play out but early signs are i underestimated Westy and overestimated Glenroy.

Guilty of underestimating BH also they are going great guns. Recruits seem to be making a big difference

I’m not sure if it’s how good Westy or how bad Glenroy. 13 goals to one point at half was a crazy scoreline though. Westy dominated, they move the ball well, with sure hands and purposeful kicking. They didn’t waste a disposal and use their smaller forwards very well. I am not sure of the inner workings at Westy, and what has happened over the last couple of years, but they played with structure, good game style and skill, and that is evidence of some decent coaching I’d say.

Maybe Raynor has competition for league medal with Gregson probably 2 BOG thus far.

Hadfield letting slip a big lead against Sunbury Roos. Couple of key Hawk injuries and Roos young legs just got on top in Q3 to peg back lead.

• Haddy definitely improved significantly
  • Roos show class to get back tough win but still a bit off pace of top teams

Ladder shaping like this IMO.

Taylors Lakes/Burnside
GAP
Northern/Sunbury/Districts/Westy/Haddy (throw a blanket over them)
GAP
Glenroy/East Sunbury

Holding judgment on Westy, good win against Districts but they've pumped two bottom team so far.

Hadfield letting slip a big lead against Sunbury Roos. Couple of key Hawk injuries and Roos young legs just got on top in Q3 to peg back lead.

Taylors Lakes/Burnside
GAP
GAP
Glenroy/East Sunbury

Holding judgment on Westy, good win against Districts but they've pumped two bottom team so far.
Good review mate. I think at one stage Haddy were up by 40 points against my roos. I wasn't able to watch the game so live score had to do. We were without Tripodi and Corso too. Both teams should improve as the season goes on but depth is an issue for Haddy. Big game for us next week against Coburg!

Good review mate. I think at one stage Haddy were up by 40 points against my roos. I wasn't able to watch the game so live score had to do. We were without Tripodi and Corso too. Both teams should improve as the season goes on but depth is an issue for Haddy. Big game for us next week against Coburg!

I was the same Vlod kept checking the live scores. Was surprised to see haddy up by so much and thought they were home. Must of been a great comeback and good game too watch live. How is B Smith playing? Played for haddy a few years ago, good bloke and club person

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was the same Vlod kept checking the live scores. Was surprised to see haddy up by so much and thought they were home. Must of been a great comeback and good game too watch live. How is B Smith playing? Played for haddy a few years ago, good bloke and club person

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To be honest I thought the live scores weren't working properly when I saw the scoreline lol. I wish I was there to watch the comeback it would've been awesome to see. Apparently he's very well loved at the club!

Taylors Lakes/Burnside
GAP
GAP
Glenroy/East Sunbury

I'll be interested in how it's shaping closer to the halfway mark to get a better idea. Agreed, TL looks to be very good, but I'm not so sure about BH being a gap from the rest, only a 13-point win over CD and 19 against NS, probably amongst the group of teams

I think CD are very good and well coached, and I'm biased for Westy, so my top 4 at end are
TL
WM
CD
BH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BS by 85 over ES
SK by 30 over CD
TL by 60 over GR
NS by 5 over WM

Burnside by 80 over Easts
Sunbury by 15 over Districts. A real test for districts and their bone fides but still early in the season ….
Taylors over Glenroy by 84. Hopefully Glenroy make a fist of it though…
Saints by 24 over Westy. Saints haven’t been great so far this year, will need to show something and not fall too far behind the leading pack in a relatively tight division .

BH v ES: BH win this one comfortably I would have thought, in great form and think their fire power up forward will be to much for east. BH by 110 points

SK v CD: this looks to be a great contest, CD will be keen to even their ledger and not fall to 1-3. Bad kicking one week and a close game last week against top sides, not far off the mark. SK had a big comeback win last week if they continue that 2nd half form I think they will get the chocolates. Interesting to see if they get a couple back from injury or not.
SK by 6 points

TL v Roy’s: Think this one could be a big margin unfortunately for the Roy’s. To much fire power up forward for TL
TL by 100

NS v WM: looks to be another great contest. WM are kicking some big scores, yes admittedly played a couple of the bottom sides but you still got to put the score on the board.
NS will be coming out firing after the bye, they won’t want to be 0-3. Haven’t been far off the mark in there first 2 outings.
WM just at home by 7 points

BH v ES: BH win this one comfortably I would have thought, in great form and think their fire power up forward will be to much for east. BH by 110 points

SK v CD: this looks to be a great contest, CD will be keen to even their ledger and not fall to 1-3. Bad kicking one week and a close game last week against top sides, not far off the mark. SK had a big comeback win last week if they continue that 2nd half form I think they will get the chocolates. Interesting to see if they get a couple back from injury or not.
SK by 6 points

TL v Roy’s: Think this one could be a big margin unfortunately for the Roy’s. To much fire power up forward for TL
TL by 100

NS v WM: looks to be another great contest. WM are kicking some big scores, yes admittedly played a couple of the bottom sides but you still got to put the score on the board.
NS will be coming out firing after the bye, they won’t want to be 0-3. Haven’t been far off the mark in there first 2 outings.
WM just at home by 7 points
Just looked at the teams for westy v ns game 3 important outs for westy. Might be a tough day now, still tipping them by 5 now.

*Taylor’s Lakes 100+ over Glenroy
*Burnside 100+ over East Sunbury. Mitch Church out for the season also with a knee injury so any hope of East mixing it with best all but gone.
*Westy v Northern. Quick, young outside team v strong bodied inside team. Fascinating game.
*Sunbury v Districts. Toss a coin.

*Burnside 100+ over East Sunbury. Mitch Church out for the season also with a knee injury so any hope of East mixing it with best all but gone.
*Westy v Northern. Quick, young outside team v strong bodied inside team. Fascinating game.
That's no good hearing about Church. He's a good lad. Hope he recovers well!

Was at Westy v Northern. NS standard Undiscipline stuff. Westy very slick. Aaron Evans needs more attention than he gets, star of the comp.

Sunbury Roos big win gives them a 2 game gap in 4th. Westy will be hard to chase down for a spot in the 4 from here. Northern few injury issues also coming up against haddy fresh off a bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back