EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair we are only 1 game and 2 games for some into the season. I think the top 4 teams will be very even. And going by what I heard about Craigeburn, they were pretty impressive after quarter time against Hillside. They might not be too far behind.
Not impressive at all. Bad kicking from Sharks kept the scoreboard close.

Not impressive at all. Bad kicking from Sharks kept the scoreboard close.
Both teams kicked 1 more point than goals.

Not sure goal kicking had any relevance to result.
Craigieburn well in the hunt for 5th or even better.
Also need to consider un even double up matches. Some teams got easier draw than others.

Tulla by 37 vs Oak Park
Keilor Park by 23 vs Rupo
St Albans by 87 vs Roxy
Hillside by 2 vs West Coburg
Marby Park by 23 vs Moonee Valley

Tulla by 26 over Oak Park
Keilor Park by 6 over Rupo
St Albans by 46 over Roxy
West Coburg by 30 over Hillside
Marby Park by 12 over Moonee Valley
Tulla 30 over OP
KP by 40 over Rupo
St Albans by 60 over Roxy
WC 60 over HS
Marby 45 over MV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor Park has reluctantly released Oscar Sasalu to Essendon Doutta Stars

Whilst it was a very hard decision to make for the club Oscar was adamant he had to play at the highest standard of football this year after he made the Williamstown VFL list in February.

The clearance was granted after a prolonged process and numerous meetings between all parties
Oscar was a premiership player in 2022 and we wish him the best on his football journey at Williamstown.
KPFC Exec Committee

A player leaving to play a higher standard is a fair reason to leave I think. Silly to not clear him and make him miss round 1.
Bit more to this but anyway he got his wish. VFL aligned but can’t see him playing VFL with Willy..

Heard no umpires for WC v HS reserves.. Gee whiz is it that bad for umpires or they don’t like going to WC?? 😄

Tulla by 26 over Oak Park
Keilor Park by 6 over Rupo
St Albans by 46 over Roxy
West Coburg by 30 over Hillside
Marby Park by 12 over Moonee Valley
Tulla by 5 to 6 goals, if they are a serious finals contender they will need to beat some of the lesser teams comfortably. KP by 20 points, were well improved last week from their first match against Hillside, should be too strong for a very undermanned Rupo. St Albans by 60+, will be to strong and classy for Roxy. West Coburg in a close one, but same as last week, too big and strong and play the postage stamp too well. Marby by plenty 10 goals plus, will want to make a statement after a loss last week.

Must have been a great game at Shore Reserve .

Noticed the league posted that it was the burgers first H&A lose since August 2022.

Might watch the replay later..
All Other games as expected it seems

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Must have been a great game at Shore Reserve .

Noticed the league posted that it was the burgers first H&A lose since August 2022.

Might watch the replay later..
All Other games as expected it seems

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wouldn't say as expected, Oak Park beating Tulla is a huge upset. Great win by Hillside at the Shoretress. Results still not up for KP vs Rupo? Looks like a good effort from Roxy, although St A kicking a stack of behinds. Any match reports?

Won’t be a very happy place at Leo Dineen . Tulla spent up big and wouldn’t have expected to drop that game to Oakers !! Recruited veterans and gone all in . Going off last year coach might not have long left .

Won’t be a very happy place at Leo Dineen . Tulla spent up big and wouldn’t have expected to drop that game to Oakers !! Recruited veterans and gone all in . Going off last year coach might not have long left .

The coach did a great job last year winning four of the last eight games in what was a very tough season and with a greatly depleted playing list.

I was at the game and I'd say the biggest problem with Tulla in both 1's and 2's was the noticeable lack of match practice. This was Tulla's first game of the season, it was OP's third.

Both 1's and 2's had very impressive line ups but they made lots of mistakes. On paper the reserves side was almost as strong as 2022 but things may take a while to click.

I think everyone was a bit disappointed with the result today as we certainly expected to get the win but Tulla will bounce back in five days time against KP in the Anzac Day clash.

Rupo impressive win today 41 points, were up by 60 at one point. Keilor Park seems kinda dead for atmosphere, are there any edfl clubs that pull decent numbers and a more vibrant atmosphere? I'm more used to country footy so genuinely curious to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back