EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m unsure where you came up with hatered for Volpato from HS? Played at HS for his entire career if I’m correct and was very well liked I believe. But his actions on that day did cost the club 20k if I’m correct.
yeah not sure where I got it from either …

“Cost the club $20k”

Forever the victim Turbo

Rupertswood beat Glenroy today by a goal Rupo with a few out, are Glenroy hoping to win and come back up is that realistic for them?
Heard Glenroy had 9 out and Repo were nearly at full strength with only 1 out. Glenroy also topped Repo’s reserves up.

yeah not sure where I got it from either …

“Cost the club $20k”

Forever the victim Turbo
I think he has just stated a fact.

Everything I heard said Volpato went to ground couldn’t be contacted.

If he was my son I would’ve advised him to apologise to HS & to front the playing group & apologise.

The guy was given the nicest respectful send off by the club when he said he was having a year off ( as he should’ve been ).

Just my thoughts & I may be missing some information.

I think he has just stated a fact.

Everything I heard said Volpato went to ground couldn’t be contacted.

If he was my son I would’ve advised him to apologise to HS & to front the playing group & apologise.

The guy was given the nicest respectful send off by the club when he said he was having a year off ( as he should’ve been ).

Just my thoughts & I may be missing some information.
Yes mate agree. That fine to HS was ridiculous and outrageous by the league. I’m more shocked he would consider going to SA after that day..Probably won’t be cleared and you think the league might put a sanction forward to the player I would guess. Didn’t SA throw his name out during the investigation as a defence?

Yes mate agree. That fine to HS was ridiculous and outrageous by the league. I’m more shocked he would consider going to SA after that day..Probably won’t be cleared and you think the league might put a sanction forward to the player I would guess. Didn’t SA throw his name out during the investigation as a defence?
I think he got 2 weeks suspension.

Finally a full book of games this week .
Tip for the weekend :
*Hillside just over my boys by 10
* Roxy by 50
*Moonee by 40
*Saints by 100
*Maribyrnong by 30

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Tip for the weekend :
* Roxy by 50
*Moonee by 40
*Saints by 100
*Maribyrnong by 30

Hillside by 32
Roxy by 44
Moonee by 16
St Albans by 86
West Coburg by 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tip for the weekend :
* Roxy by 50
*Moonee by 40
*Saints by 100
*Maribyrnong by 30

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hillside by 35 (will need to win by more if the hype is to be believed)
Roxy by 50 (it will be a long year for KP)
Moonee Valley by 20 (OP will be competitive for about a 1/2 to 3/4s)
St Albans by 80+ (looking like an even longer year for Rupo)
West Coburg by 10 (will be to big and strong on the inside, on a smaller ground will restrict Marby's ball movement on the outside)

West Coburg by 10 (will be to big and strong on the inside, on a smaller ground will restrict Marby's ball movement on the outside)
good summary mate

Good write up. I think the Roxy game will a bit closer then that.
Is Davies going to play at Craigeburn?

Great to be back with a full round of games this week and i think we will see some ripping close contests that will again have div 1 as the best division.

Hillside by 14. Give CB a chance here particularly if Carlisle can have a big game in the ruck and up forward but sharks at home in a high scoring shoot out.
Roxy by 20. Think it will be a long year for both these sides but particularly for KP.
Moonee by 15. Agree with get it done Oakers to provide a big effort for most of the game but MV to kick away late.
St Albans by 80+. Unfortunately it’s not looking great for Rupo.
West Coburg by 18. Purely on the fact it’s on the s*#thole soccer pitch they call home and play so well. All teams struggle.

Just after a bit of information .
Is it standard practice in the EDFL for clubs to pay players for under 18.5 games ?
I would say, no. Maybe paying for their registration, shorts and socks, but not actual match payments. If U18s are expecting to get paid (or if clubs are actually doing this) the future of local footy is farqed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back