EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips for round one

BH Vs Had: think BH get the win at home, both club with some recruits so will be an interesting game.
BH 20 points

CD v NS: Another great matchup for round one, CD have recruited some but also lost some key players. NS have seemed to keep minority of the list together and added a couple.
NS 15 points

ES v WM: while east have recruited a number of players there have been a number of their key player move on.
WM I think will suprise a few, quick young side who will be to quick for east
WM 36 points

TL v SK: Match of the round for mine, TL will be coming out firing after last years prelim, added some nice recruits to be favourites for the flag.
SK have added a number of players to the mix, although only losing a handful there was some key players depart. Will only get better as the season goes on
TL 10 points

Burnside by 15
CD by 5 a lot of u18 moved up from last year, may have a bit more speed.
Westie by 20
TL by 50 although SK socials state they have recruited a lot, also heard a few of them won’t be playing. I don’t think they will be as strong as made out to be.
Hadfield by 6
Districts by 10
Westy by 45
Lakes by 60

Looks like the division will be close. A good thing. Makes it hard to come up with a top four and further the final position. I’ll have a go.

TL. (Look to be the front runner with a recent top recruit)

NS (if their list remains intact and healthy and can add another couple I believe they will be the challengers for Lakes)

SK. Always strong especially in this division.

Had. Haddy recruited a good cross section of players. They will be better than last year. If they can be consistent will round out the 4.

Apart from ES, I think you can throw a blanket over the rest and they can finish anywhere..

Glenroy (lots of new faces, are unknown in this Div coming down from Div 1, should be strong as a result. Let’s see.

Burnside. (Hard to pick. On their day they can beat anyone)

Westy. (Lots of youth, could finish higher)

Districts. (Such an enigma. Always start the year slow, but I feel other sides may surpass them)

East Sunbury.

Matches for this week.

Burnside V Haddy… Haddy by 15
Districts v Saints ….Saints by 40
Lakes v SunKang….Lakes by 29
East Sun v Westy ….Westy by 24

Goodluck to all teams, players officials and supporters. Enjoy the footy, hope the weather stays good!

Looks like the division will be close. A good thing. Makes it hard to come up with a top four and further the final position. I’ll have a go.

TL. (Look to be the front runner with a recent top recruit)

NS (if their list remains intact and healthy and can add another couple I believe they will be the challengers for Lakes)

SK. Always strong especially in this division.

Had. Haddy recruited a good cross section of players. They will be better than last year. If they can be consistent will round out the 4.

Apart from ES, I think you can throw a blanket over the rest and they can finish anywhere..

Glenroy (lots of new faces, are unknown in this Div coming down from Div 1, should be strong as a result. Let’s see.

Burnside. (Hard to pick. On their day they can beat anyone)

Westy. (Lots of youth, could finish higher)

Districts. (Such an enigma. Always start the year slow, but I feel other sides may surpass them)

East Sunbury.

Matches for this week.

Burnside V Haddy… Haddy by 15
Districts v Saints ….Saints by 40
Lakes v SunKang….Lakes by 29
East Sun v Westy ….Westy by 24

Goodluck to all teams, players officials and supporters. Enjoy the footy, hope the weather stays good!

Westy by 21 over ES
NS by 33 over CD
SK by 6 over TL
Burnside by 11 over HD

Good to have footy back. Good luck to everyone

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How good is this

Im a player sponsor for a div 2 club for a kid from nsw who’s trying to find his feet kid I’ve never met

The kid Sent me a text msg last night thanking me for my support of him and how much he appreciates it

Told me me plenty about the kind of kid this bloke is I’ve sponsored players I personally know in the past and barely got a thanks .

How good is this

Im a player sponsor for a div 2 club for a kid from nsw who’s trying to find his feet kid I’ve never met

The kid Sent me a text msg last night thanking me for my support of him and how much he appreciates it

Told me me plenty about the kind of kid this bloke is I’ve sponsored players I personally know in the past and barely got a thanks .
Doesn’t cost anything to be respectful and say thanks. Great stuff from the young bloke and his club. Also well done on sponsorship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t cost anything to be respectful and say thanks. Great stuff from the young bloke and his club. Also well done on sponsorship
It’s just rare these days from young blokes

The reason I did it in the first place was because the club he plays for raised 30 grand for my brother when he had cancer when he was a junior massive effort from the club was my turn to give something back

Went and watched TL v SK
Must say it was a cracking game of footy, for round one game it was skilled contested and the goals flowed.

SK kicked inaccurate and should have been further in front early on in the game and unfortunately looked to have a few serious injuries come out of it. Ultimately I think fair to say they ran out of legs with a few men down on the bench

TL started slow, SK pressure seemed to get the better of them. 2nd qrt was a totally different ball game and TL showed there class. Weightman got a couple lucky ones early but He dominated the 2nd half and looked like the back wasn’t an issue. Must have kicked 6 plus

Great game to watch. Scoreboard went the way most were predicting through the week. TL deserve the favourite title, SK can hold heads high and believe they can beat TL on their day

Went and watched TL v SK
Must say it was a cracking game of footy, for round one game it was skilled contested and the goals flowed.

SK kicked inaccurate and should have been further in front early on in the game and unfortunately looked to have a few serious injuries come out of it. Ultimately I think fair to say they ran out of legs with a few men down on the bench

TL started slow, SK pressure seemed to get the better of them. 2nd qrt was a totally different ball game and TL showed there class. Weightman got a couple lucky ones early but He dominated the 2nd half and looked like the back wasn’t an issue. Must have kicked 6 plus

Great game to watch. Scoreboard went the way most were predicting through the week. TL deserve the favourite title, SK can hold heads high and believe they can beat TL on their day

Any stand outs for the day mate. I missed this game
As mentioned weightman was the difference in the 2nd half. Rayner played ruck was influential also.
No 16 for TL through the middle had a heap of it.

SK had a new fwd no 22 who was in everything early before getting injured.
I believe its tripodi looked a good addition into the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back