EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo roxy's reserves are already full of guys not wanting to play seniors as they go for their 3d premiership and the older senior players I think won't sick around for seconds footy as there is no coin in doing so

Cheers mate. It’s going to be an interesting game. Finals footy appears to suit East Sunbury with better umpires which allow the game to be played at a higher faster tempo, and obviously more cleaner.

Be interested to see the tactics Roxy employ and if ES can hold Capuano..

Disappointing for NS to bow out in straight sets. Is there form in home & away a bit misleading as they play on a small home deck and exposed on bigger grounds come finals.

Turbo roxy's reserves are already full of guys not wanting to play seniors as they go for their 3d premiership and the older senior players I think won't sick around for seconds footy as there is no coin in doing so
44 different blokes go through the seniors this year.. not sure if being dumb or a smartarse.

Well there’s a stat that proves otherwise..

Hey div3eye, thoughts on how Roxy would handle div1 footy if they happen to win it. Could they avoid the drop back after 1 season in your eyes.
For a start they would need to get a non playing coach as playing coaches don’t work in div1 standard. Just to hard at next level.

I would say Jacana of 2017 looks a better line up on paper than Roxy 2018 and they really struggled in div1.

Thoughts

no not trying to be either just going on what I have been told by people close to the club and I wont name names so don't ask
Going with the old caroline Wilson "sources tell me" but won't say anything. Rubbish post. Roxy have had plenty of blokes go between ressies and seniors because that's what's best for the club. Guys who thought they might struggle to get senior games this season were happy to play ressies if needed. Either quote these sources or shut up

Hey div3eye, thoughts on how Roxy would handle div1 footy if they happen to win it. Could they avoid the drop back after 1 season in your eyes.
For a start they would need to get a non playing coach as playing coaches don’t work in div1 standard. Just to hard at next level.

I would say Jacana of 2017 looks a better line up on paper than Roxy 2018 and they really struggled in div1.

Thoughts

Jacana of 2017 is a better team than Jacana of 2018

Unfortunately I don’t think jacana got better this year with injuries and losing a fair few players

Going with the old caroline Wilson "sources tell me" but won't say anything. Rubbish post. Roxy have had plenty of blokes go between ressies and seniors because that's what's best for the club. Guys who thought they might struggle to get senior games this season were happy to play ressies if needed. Either quote these sources or shut up
Nobody on here will reveal their sources and as for shutting up, that isn't going to happen either

Jacana of 2017 is a better team than Jacana of 2018

Unfortunately I don’t think jacana got better this year with injuries and losing a fair few players
I think it safe to say that Jacana didn't have the required depth to play Div 1. Think it's also safe to say that they know the they have to spend money to play in higher grade. They also now know they need more sponsors or sponsors that will give more.

I was in the crowd at ES &NS game yesterday and the NS coach would have had to have a bullet proof vest as the knives where out for him big time
it will be interesting to follow up in he coming weeks on what happens at NS

Yep, the crowd weren’t happy. I was told that coach being undermined from within own committee, something not new down there. They really do need to get there act together. They have derailed themselves this year. Watching the game they looked slow, lethargic and unfit, not to mention they looked old. I need to go back to the records to have a good look but in the space of 12 months they’ve gone from one of the younger lists to the oldest or close too. Bad management that is if you are trying to move up a division. If reports are true the current coach is gone, rumours are the u19’s could get the gig. They need someone that can change the whole football department and composition of the team for mine bar a few if they want to be a better club.
Back to the footy, I thought no 5,29 and 20 were best for the saints. 20 kicked a ripper of a goal in from the boundary for the team’s first amid a barrage of let’s say unfriendly banter from the crowd. Nothing untoward but they were giving it to him. All credit to the young kid, he slotted it through without a fuss, so goalside there is a positive!!! Amongst a couple other very good players mentioned.
ES are a great team to watch. Perhaps the Saints can learn from them. Lots of young kids playing good team footy, all working for each other and very disciplined. Cree did have a moment of madness. They will need him next week. Ball movement was the best I’ve seen all year. For mine, Easts will get up in a game which will be closer than what we have seen to date in div 2. Both MV and Northern will be kicking themselves for not being in the last dance, just proves you need to be at your best at the right time of year, something Bith Roxy and ES have done perfectly. Game will be Good spectacle

Those Ressies boys wont stick around for Div 1 footy most of them will either retire or move on hopefully for Michaels sake he can get some heavy recruiting going and cover the losses IF Roxy goes up strong have already heard of a few names of potential recruits

Yep, the crowd weren’t happy. I was told that coach being undermined from within own committee, something not new down there. They really do need to get there act together. They have derailed themselves this year. Watching the game they looked slow, lethargic and unfit, not to mention they looked old. I need to go back to the records to have a good look but in the space of 12 months they’ve gone from one of the younger lists to the oldest or close too. Bad management that is if you are trying to move up a division. If reports are true the current coach is gone, rumours are the u19’s could get the gig. They need someone that can change the whole football department and composition of the team for mine bar a few if they want to be a better club.
Back to the footy, I thought no 5,29 and 20 were best for the saints. 20 kicked a ripper of a goal in from the boundary for the team’s first amid a barrage of let’s say unfriendly banter from the crowd. Nothing untoward but they were giving it to him. All credit to the young kid, he slotted it through without a fuss, so goalside there is a positive!!! Amongst a couple other very good players mentioned.
ES are a great team to watch. Perhaps the Saints can learn from them. Lots of young kids playing good team footy, all working for each other and very disciplined. Cree did have a moment of madness. They will need him next week. Ball movement was the best I’ve seen all year. For mine, Easts will get up in a game which will be closer than what we have seen to date in div 2. Both MV and Northern will be kicking themselves for not being in the last dance, just proves you need to be at your best at the right time of year, something Bith Roxy and ES have done perfectly. Game will be Good spectacle

Great post mate. NS never looked in it all day as it appeared that they were too slow to keep up with ES attacking ball movement and too unfit to keep up with the ES run. Maybe the coaching situation had effected the player motivation? As you said, NS were a lot older than their opposition and think that their game style is far more suited to their home ground/smaller grounds. I also think young Bruno can keep his head held high. Provided a good forward target and worked hard around the ground.

This weekends game demonstrated that East Sunbury are back to playing their best footy. I also noticed that their captain was not playing last week, and Sammut was watching on. Maybe a few more inclusions for the GF?

Great post mate. NS never looked in it all day as it appeared that they were too slow to keep up with ES attacking ball movement and too unfit to keep up with the ES run. Maybe the coaching situation had effected the player motivation? As you said, NS were a lot older than their opposition and think that their game style is far more suited to their home ground/smaller grounds. I also think young Bruno can keep his head held high. Provided a good forward target and worked hard around the ground.

This weekends game demonstrated that East Sunbury are back to playing their best footy. I also noticed that their captain was not playing last week, and Sammut was watching on. Maybe a few more inclusions for the GF?

Could it also be a case of ES being a tad above div3 footy with the young talent they have. Probably play a brand of footy more suited to the next level. Whereas NS have the more stereotype div3 side with older players!!

Majority of clubs in div3 are based around the more older slower experienced types with a small mix of younger types thrown in. The ES model is different. However ES area is developing so they are building out there. Still a good season by NS I would say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was NS choice of coach this year not the right call or were there other factors at play

was NS choice of coach this year not the right call or were there other factors at play

He appears to have done a reasonable job. Can’t keep turning over coaches every year as you need some stability unless the coach was not the right fit. Let’s be honest here it would be one of the hardest jobs in our league coaching NS. As I’ve stated not a lot of coaches lining up to do div3 footy.

Just read the league media and noticed

Cree got off. That’s great for ES

Div1 staying with 9 teams so Jacana back to div2 in 2019.

He appears to have done a reasonable job. Can’t keep turning over coaches every year as you need some stability unless the coach was not the right fit. Let’s be honest here it would be one of the hardest jobs in our league coaching NS. As I’ve stated not a lot of coaches lining up to do div3 footy.
are there many coaches that are looking for new homes this year that would suit a div 3 club like NS? any from high level divisions that haven't had a contract renewed or not coaching atm for whatever reason. Im sure they could do with an even bigger injection of coaching experience

Maybe so, but Div 1 and Premier coaches may not want to go there. Just seems a very closed club and the culture not that good. Till they get that right they will always struggle with good coaches and players wanting to go there.

Well done to Roxburgh Park on its first promotion. Harley Short, Farrelly and Cook were great. However I think it's time for a few players at Roxy to give it up or go seek counselling throwing elbows and giving away continuous forceful free kicks. No matter how much talent you have you are a flog and have no respect if thuggery is what you resort to.

Well done to Roxburgh Park on its first promotion. Harley Short, Farrelly and Cook were great. However I think it's time for a few players at Roxy to give it up or go seek counselling throwing elbows and giving away continuous forceful free kicks. No matter how much talent you have you are a flog and have no respect if thuggery is what you resort to.
Spot on flags if they bring that rubbish to div 1 they will get absolutely smashed. In fact they will need to go on a recruiting frenzy if they want to remain in div 1 next year the Jags went straight back down with some reasonable players on there list

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't see the game but it sounds like you are pointing the finger at a particular player.

NS would have at least played off in the Grand Final if it wasn't through its large injury list. Players missing in the Preliminary Final included; Chris and Matthew Gray, Alex Stewart, Michael Siminoni, Bilal Allouche, Ali Saad, Ryan Lofaro. Ahmed Abu-eid was playing after a six week break. If you go back to when NS were winning these players were in the team. All the mentioned players are automatic selections.
Cheers mate. It’s going to be an interesting game. Finals footy appears to suit East Sunbury with better umpires which allow the game to be played at a higher faster tempo, and obviously more cleaner.

Be interested to see the tactics Roxy employ and if ES can hold Capuano..

Disappointing for NS to bow out in straight sets. Is there form in home & away a bit misleading as they play on a small home deck and exposed on bigger grounds come finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back