Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueandwhiteroos

Senior List
May 29, 2012
Maidstone
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To keep it brief, one club is new and on the rise with stability off field and young talent on the field whilst the other club seems to be jogging up & down somewhat (actual went back a step in season 2017 if I’m correct) with little stability on & off field. By that I mean a number of players moved clubs last season with many going to opposition teams which is a bit unusual as well as having 3 coaches in 3 years.
I don’t wish to go any further but just stating the bleeding obvious.. Cheers.
Turbo what would a guy like that exactly offer ??? Every 99% of the comments have been the same. No commitment and just has his hand out for cash. All I have heard out of Roxy was never trained at all and when I seen him play he didn’t perform. So what would this kind of player show a up and coming list ? They already have 2 young key fwds plus Gardiner coming back. They appointed Travis as the football manger and he hasn’t made any big signings yet. Only Ogilvie and Gardner to return from what I see. And if anymore will come from there new major sponsor. Baker or barker what ever it is won’t be a good move for east Sunbury at all. Unless he commits to a full preseason and gets match fit.

Turbo what would a guy like that exactly offer ??? Every 99% of the comments have been the same. No commitment and just has his hand out for cash. All I have heard out of Roxy was never trained at all and when I seen him play he didn’t perform. So what would this kind of player show a up and coming list ? They already have 2 young key fwds plus Gardiner coming back. They appointed Travis as the football manger and he hasn’t made any big signings yet. Only Ogilvie and Gardner to return from what I see. And if anymore will come from there new major sponsor. Baker or barker what ever it is won’t be a good move for east Sunbury at all. Unless he commits to a full preseason and gets match fit.

Hey Blueandwhite, the guy can play and in the right environment can be handy at div3 level. I’m also a believer that ALL players should train to be available for senior selection unless they are flying in or have a good reason and that must be accepted by the playing group. I guess I’m div3 a quality player might be allowed to train 1 night. From memory didn’t he go to Roxy into the season so maybe a decent pre season will see him playing decent footy.
Anyway enough on the Baker I reckon.

He’s ordinary.

Drops chest marks. Kicks over his head.

Is it true that Tom Cree was promised the captaincy at ES, and previous captain is off to CD because of this?

He’s ordinary.

Is it true that Tom Cree was promised the captaincy at ES, and previous captain is off to CD because of this?
I heard the old ES captain got offered coin he couldnt refuse at CD...

I heard the old ES captain got offered coin he couldnt refuse at CD...

I cannot believe the money some clubs offer players in edfl div2. Surely no player is worth more than $400 playing at this level and some players would be getting donuts. Maybe I could go against my rule for a marquee player if the club has the coin and wants to go up to edfl div1. Cloke being a good example..If any other player is getting more than 400 then the club is not managed well IMO.

Div1 I would raise the top payment to a max of 500-600 with a marquee player or 2 getting more..

Premier well it’s a big range of payments based on ability and needs.

Thoughts..

I cannot believe the money some clubs offer players in edfl div2. Surely no player is worth more than $400 playing at this level and some players would be getting donuts. Maybe I could go against my rule for a marquee player if the club has the coin and wants to go up to edfl div1. Cloke being a good example..If any other player is getting more than 400 then the club is not managed well IMO.

Div1 I would raise the top payment to a max of 500-600 with a marquee player or 2 getting more..

Premier well it’s a big range of payments based on ability and needs.

Thoughts..
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few Div 1 clubs are paying at least $1200 a game for a few players and the next level on $800 then to $500. Most be on $250 then juniors and fringe players getting $150. I hear craigieburn were paying an 18 year old up to $200 a game last season.

He’s ordinary.

I'm quite surprised by this to be honest. just saw the clearance. Aquilina was dropped for a few games during the year as the younger talent surpassed him. As i see it the club must have rightfully wanted to hand over the captaincy and Aquilina saw the writing on the wall. Pretty sad that he wasn't able to let that go and fill a role but I reckon he would have struggled to play a mid field role for ES in 2018 with Cree Ogilvie and a few new recruits.

I'm quite surprised by this to be honest. just saw the clearance. Aquilina was dropped for a few games during the year as the younger talent surpassed him. As i see it the club must have rightfully wanted to hand over the captaincy and Aquilina saw the writing on the wall. Pretty sad that he wasn't able to let that go and fill a role but I reckon he would have struggled to play a mid field role for ES in 2018 with Cree Ogilvie and a few new recruits.

Hey Footy, is Tarczon playing at ES?

CB do have a habit of taking in other clubs rejects..CB are the Carlton of the edfl. Lol

Only decent player I can recall of late is McGill..

CB do have a habit of taking in other clubs rejects..CB are the Carlton of the edfl. Lol

Dimevski won their b&f this year and he was from Roxy also. Poor statement Turbo.

Wow Turbo!
I really hope there is sarcasm or jokes behind that last statement.
It’s either that or you truly do know nothing about the competition and the players involved in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard any news on MV, HAD or NS? Any key ins or key outs? Training numbers?
These three have been pretty quiet over the summer.

Who was that reject from Pascoe Vale i think his name is Vesnaver you know the one that won the Comp medal in Divvy 2

Who was that reject from Pascoe Vale i think his name is Vesnaver you know the one that won the Comp medal in Divvy 2

Do you people actually read things properly. I was talking about players from opposition clubs in the same division in which CB probably recruit the most. Vesnaver was recruited from premier div. It’s a bit disappointing his brother Matt has gone there. Young player dropping from premier to div2 but he was in & out of the Pacco side after getting opportunities. He will go ok but guessing he was offered decent coin.

Only decent player I can recall of late is McGill..[/QUO

were does it say CD gets players from the opposition clubs in the same division

Evening Gents,
Don’t mean to hijack, but looking for a bit of info.
I’m moving from Brisbane to Essendon after Christmas and I’m trying to work out where to play footy.
I currently play QFA Div 2 reserves in QLD so nothing flash.
Is there a huge difference between say EDFL div 2 and VAFA div 2 or 3?

Thanks

Evening Gents,
Don’t mean to hijack, but looking for a bit of info.
I’m moving from Brisbane to Essendon after Christmas and I’m trying to work out where to play footy.
I currently play QFA Div 2 reserves in QLD so nothing flash.
Is there a huge difference between say EDFL div 2 and VAFA div 2 or 3?

Thanks
Depends on which div 2 your talking about in the VAFA premier b (div2) or d2 Div (div5).What area are planing to live in there is also huge differences between leagues EDFL,NFL, SFL ,EFL, WRFL they all pay senior players and the VAFA don't play players especially in the D grades

Word getting around
Roxy are looking primed young raging bull Harley short training the house down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back