Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

which is worse? his acting here, or his promo about the ref having plastic surgery when he lost the title to Andre?

I can name something worser! The movie Surbaban Commando

IMG_0020.jpeg

Poor Doc Brown, I guess he had to pay for the DeLorean’s Hover conversion somehow… also pity The Undertaker still having to job to Hogan…

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 9
which is worse? his acting here, or his promo about the ref having plastic surgery when he lost the title to Andre?
That's gold as well but here he is so over the top (and asking for the countdown on live TV) that it tips it over the top for me.

Worth noting, how beautifully the whole segment was cleaned up for future broadcast. I only saw the angle on Superstars of Wrestling so it wasn't live so I was never aware of the botches until reading about them years later.

Nothing beats the Shockmaster video the only thing that comes close was the AEW exploding death match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voice of the Black Scorpion and the Shockmaster. He hated everyone when he used to get interviewed on Observer Live with Meltzer back in the Eyada days.
Ole was great (his interviews were awesome in the Four Horsemen) but I'd be lying if I didn't say the Shockmaster segment was my favourite moment of his. I still nearly wet myself when he broke character and started laughing.

Absolutely love Ole. He's with Flair, Dusty and Terry Funk in my absolute favourite wrestlers to look up old footage of. Remarkably effective heel and capable as a baby face also.

Very underated IMO, only really due to the company he was in during his career.

Love that era of wrestling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back