Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched this just the other day, I found the DVD while I was moving house.

Still an incredible doco all these years later. The Rock/Foley stuff is so, so much harder to watch now when you see how Foley walks, and when we know what we do about CTE. It's as squeamish as I've been watching any wrestling (child killers excluded.)

It's probably all that would stop me buying this blu-ray, is that I'm not sure I need or want to watch this again in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB Hifi has the release as next week (15th) being the "special edition" I hope it's the 'directors cut' that had more footage - I had that on VHS (came with a t-shirt from Target of all places). I upgraded to the dvd version later but it was just the standard movie. in any case I'll be adding this new bluray to my collection if JB does have it in stock next week!

Must still be quite a few fans (vs also the stores not ordering many copies in) it sold out at few JB's... had to trek to one further out just to get it :p

ZTwXoDi.png

Not sure this is "classic" wrestling, but I stumbled across this on Youtube tonight - the final episode of MTV's Wrestling Society X, which was never aired on television, and which was warped on (apparently) about 50% of their DVD releases (which I bought, cos this was back in the day when I bought lots of ROH dvds when they had sales every 2 weeks.)

Holy christ this show is so extra in every conceivable way. Watching this episode, it was probably the pre-cursor to Lucha Underground.

Not sure this is "classic" wrestling, but I stumbled across this on Youtube tonight - the final episode of MTV's Wrestling Society X, which was never aired on television, and which was warped on (apparently) about 50% of their DVD releases (which I bought, cos this was back in the day when I bought lots of ROH dvds when they had sales every 2 weeks.)

Holy christ this show is so extra in every conceivable way. Watching this episode, it was probably the pre-cursor to Lucha Underground.

that takes me back (and I also own this set)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back