Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Hawks v Cats Mon April 1st 3:20pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it’s pretty clear.

Umpiring cannot ever be blamed for a reason you lose.

Sam Mitchell and co have said they’ll bring up to the AFL upon game review if they feel any mistreatment or difference in adjudication to Ginnivan. Which is entirely fair since it’s important to pay frees off merit and what they actually are rather than name, or history.

Hawthorn and Geelong yet another decent game, could have been a closer result but the class of Geelong prevailed.

What was the big notice was how easy Geelong scored in comparison to all the hard work the hawks needed to score, how good the cats kicked despite the level of difficulty in shots.

Lots of green shoots and plenty to take away from both sides and both sides would be optimistic in a way.

Pretty fair comment. There were chunks of time where we struggled to get it out of our half of the ground but like the first two games it felt a bit like we ‘wanted’ the game to be on our terms a bit too much rather than accepting that in those periods it wasn’t, and finding a way through it. Ie. accepting that we couldn’t just waltz the ball forward with ease, and actually take some time out of the game with some short kicking and look for a different method for a little while. Hawthorn did well in those moments to make us uncomfortable

And you see what you want to see. There's been specific vision supplied in this topic that shows the difference.If anyone is triggered it's deluded, salty opposition fans.

Yet you're the one taking this so badly. If you weren't triggered by it you wouldn't reply.

His reputation is that he was a great player who cheated all the way through his career, that's how the majority of fans remember him. No amount of sooking by Cats fans can change that.

.Hawthorn and Geelong yet another decent game, could have been a closer result but the class of Geelong prevailed.

What was the big notice was how easy Geelong scored in comparison to all the hard work the hawks needed to score, how good the cats kicked despite the level of difficulty in shots.

Lots of green shoots and plenty to take away from both sides and both sides would be optimistic in a way.
Geelong's goal kicking was unfortunately brilliant to kick 17.4 with plenty of those not easy shots.

Just need to look at the 1st quarter, Stengle, Hawkins and Henry all kick tough shots while we butcher 2 goals down the other end. Is the difference between a manageable 2-3 goal margin at 1/4 time and the 6 goal margin that nearly puts you out of the game

Bit rich coming from the mob that goes feral when you point out the only bit of success their dreary Dee's have seen in an age or two was a joke of a Covid Cup.

I'm grateful to have seen my club win a premiership, i genuinely didn't think it was going to happen, and if it was because of a joke covid season I am perfectly ok with that.

That doesn't change the fact that Selwood was a great player who was also a disgraceful cheat and will forever be remembered as one.

But your post just shows that you have a glass jaw

Yet you're the one taking this so badly. If you weren't triggered by it you wouldn't reply.

His reputation is that he was a great player who cheated all the way through his career, that's how the majority of fans remember him. No amount of sooking by Cats fans can change that.
His reputation is a 4x Premiership player, 6x All-Australian, voted 4x Most Courageous by his peers and a future Hall of Famer with a grandstand named in his honour. No amount of sooking by an envious, Covid Cup-celebrating keyboard warrior can change that.

Hey, this is fun!

ginnivan has made this bed, so needs to work his way out of it

but, the geelong fans trying to distance Selwood's ADMITTED tactic of raising his arms when tackled to draw the free as a different thing is just hilarious.....he has openly admitted that he was working the rules of the game...so please stop trying to say he was doing anything but trying to draw free kicks.....

And no amount of repeating it will make it true. Explain again how it is cheating and see if it will make it true.

ginnivan has made this bed, so needs to work his way out of it

but, the geelong fans trying to distance Selwood's ADMITTED tactic of raising his arms when tackled to draw the free as a different thing is just hilarious.....he has openly admitted that he was working the rules of the game...so please stop trying to say he was doing anything but trying to draw free kicks.....

No. Because he was trying to do something other than draw a free kick. He broke tackles. Sure there’s no doubting he forced players to infringe and he knew it, no one’s suggesting otherwise but his MO was to shrug the tackle, get their arm up, break it and either get through it or force them to infringe.

No. Because he was trying to do something other than draw a free kick. He broke tackles. Sure there’s no doubting he forced players to infringe and he knew it, no one’s suggesting otherwise but his MO was to shrug the tackle, get their arm up, break it and either get through it or force them to infringe.
yep, right - so the fact that you think (as an observer) that selwood also wanted to break the tackle - despite their actions being identical, and his own claims that he was doing it to draw free kicks - makes his identical action to raise the tacklers arms somehow defensible?

lifting your arms to draw high contact is the action - plenty of players do it - some are really good at it - to try and somehow imply that Selwood's version of this act is different to all the others is just laughable.....

btw, i am not implying selwood was not an absolute champion of the game

yep, right - so the fact that you think (as an observer) that selwood also wanted to break the tackle - despite their actions being identical, and his own claims that he was doing it to draw free kicks - makes his identical action to raise the tacklers arms somehow defensible?

lifting your arms to draw high contact is the action - plenty of players do it - some are really good at it - to try and somehow imply that Selwood's version of this act is different to all the others is just laughable.....

btw, i am not implying selwood was not an absolute champion of the game

Their actions weren’t identical so there’s no point discussing it. Anyone observing yesterday’s game with two eyes can see that Ginnivan was not making any attempt to break a tackle or progress the ball. He wasn’t even trying to lift his shoulders. He crossed his arm over his chest. It’s essentially saying ‘I can do no better here than play for a free kick.’
That’s a lot different than going into a pack and getting tackled and getting the shoulders up, and trying to break free of a tackle and get rid of the ball and forcing the tackler to impinge and saying ‘I’m either going to get out here or I’m going to get awarded a free kick.’

Again I have no issue saying Selwood did it deliberately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And no amount of repeating it will make it true. Explain again how it is cheating and see if it will make it true.

You lot can throw all the tantrums you want, nothing you can say or do will change Selwood's reputation.

That has been explained to you since the cheater started cheating

So easily triggered

Mate don’t talk about being precious, one of your players openly wept because he was sledged on the field!!

You know you hit a nerve when posts like this start coming. It's funny that you think the Petty incident would upset me though

So easily triggered by the truth.

You lot can throw all the tantrums you want, nothing you can say or do will change Selwood's reputation.

So easily triggered
You know you hit a nerve when posts like this start coming. It's funny that you think the Petty incident would upset me though

So easily triggered by the truth.
'Triggered'
'Triggered'
'Glass jaw'
'Sensitive'

You're sure you're not just projecting, tough fella?

So easily triggered

Tantrum?

Triggered?

F*k me 😂
Pretty much all you have to do is write an opposing reply to someone and chances are someone will use those terms 😂😂

Again, how is it cheating?
It’s not breaking any rules. It’s not giving oneself an advantage unavailable to other players.

Tantrum?

Triggered?

F*k me 😂
Pretty much all you have to do is write an opposing reply to someone and chances are someone will use those terms 😂😂

Again, how is it cheating?
It’s not breaking any rules. It’s not giving oneself an advantage unavailable to other players.

Read the other replies from Cats fans, tantrums is a very accurate way of describing the reaction when Selwood's cheating is mentioned. That comment wasn't aimed specifically at you, just cats fans in general. Just one example, the Petty comment above.

Dropping the knees and lifting of the arms. The general consensus among non-Cat fans are that he cheated all the way through his career, nothing you can say or do now will change his reputation.

It's hilarious watching you lot froth at the mouth about Selwood

'Triggered'
'Triggered'
'Glass jaw'
'Sensitive'

You're sure you're not just projecting, tough fella?

The Petty post confirms it 🤣🤣🤣

Just read through this thread for more laughs from cats fans frothing at the mouth at the mere suggestion that Selwood was just as bad as Ginnivan 🤣🤣🤣

😘

Nice melt 🤣🤣🤣 + why so sensitive 😂😂😂 + stop throwing a tantrum 🤣🤣🤣 + triggered & seething😂😂😂

😚😚😚

and yet this thread is full of cats fans losing their nut over Selwood

/shrug

You seem to struggle with the difference between someone laughing at you or having a melt, RUOK?

Their actions weren’t identical so there’s no point discussing it. Anyone observing yesterday’s game with two eyes can see that Ginnivan was not making any attempt to break a tackle or progress the ball. He wasn’t even trying to lift his shoulders. He crossed his arm over his chest. It’s essentially saying ‘I can do no better here than play for a free kick.’
That’s a lot different than going into a pack and getting tackled and getting the shoulders up, and trying to break free of a tackle and get rid of the ball and forcing the tackler to impinge and saying ‘I’m either going to get out here or I’m going to get awarded a free kick.’

Again I have no issue saying Selwood did it deliberately.
its like saying he was trying to punch the ball but hit his head....the intention does not matter - even though you are able to read Selwoods mind - it doesn't matter - it is the action of hitting someone in the head or tackling high.....i remember people saying, "well, tackle him lower" with regards to selwood...but that seems to be out the window now huh?

it is just laughable that you are trying to defend one act of raising the arms as opposed to another.....

its like saying he was trying to punch the ball but hit his head....the intention does not matter - even though you are able to read Selwoods mind - it doesn't matter - it is the action of hitting someone in the head or tackling high.....i remember people saying, "well, tackle him lower" with regards to selwood...but that seems to be out the window now huh?

it is just laughable that you are trying to defend one act of raising the arms as opposed to another.....

Show some intent to break the tackle. Simple.

Back