Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

is it too early to trade zwill(sub score drops out of price cycle next week) or t brown(needs to clean up DE but gets a decent amount of the ball)
I have Brown and whilst he's maxxed out I'll probably HOLD to avoid having to bench Graham or Clohesy in DEF.

Hope another spike game comes along soon

Something from Port clearer than this:
View attachment 1974184
Would rather flip Grundy to English or Marshall when he bottoms out and is uninjured.
People forget soldos not very good.
Sweet could keep his spot.
The game he played on the weekend was better than any soldo has done this year.

Bigger test this week goes a fit ROB ..imo.
Rucks score well even Numpty ones
Bailey Williams (my pick for the worst starting ruck ) got 92 vs soldo his highest score of the year.
Soldo doesn't just score bog average he leaks scores to other rucks.

People forget soldos not very good.
Sweet could keep his spot.
The game he played on the weekend was better than any soldo has done this year.
Yeah it's not like they're gonna rush him back in either. Every chance Sweet plays the rest of the year and it becomes his spot to lose, Port did trade him in after all.

There is, however, the Finlayson smokey that we have to worry about, where Port decide to play small ball with Dixon covering ruck occasionally (I think they may have done it a few times last year, but my memory is a bit meh). But that's probably only if Sweet absolutely stinks it up.

Simple fact though is that even if Sweet only plays two good games, he'll make the 100k necessary to trade him in

Yeah it's not like they're gonna rush him back in either. Every chance Sweet plays the rest of the year and it becomes his spot to lose, Port did trade him in after all.

There is, however, the Finlayson smokey that we have to worry about, where Port decide to play small ball with Dixon covering ruck occasionally (I think they may have done it a few times last year, but my memory is a bit meh). But that's probably only if Sweet absolutely stinks it up.

Simple fact though is that even if Sweet only plays two good games, he'll make the 100k necessary to trade him in
$100k?! That's a worst case lol. If he scores 85 in his next 2 he makes $165k in 2 weeks.

$100k?! That's a worst case lol. If he scores 85 in his next 2 he makes $165k in 2 weeks.
Yep and that's big for my team.
I've got fresh rookies on my entire bench. Very few upgrades available without cashing in decent on field rookies. 500k in the bank gets me upgrading those on field guys while my bench goes up in value. The timings perfect as so many premos are super cheap right now and I don't really want to downgrade the next few weeks.
I recognise this might just be a my team thing and won't be for everyone

Yep and that's big for my team.
I've got fresh rookies on my entire bench. Very few upgrades available without cashing in decent on field rookies. 500k in the bank gets me upgrading those on field guys while my bench goes up in value. The timings perfect as so many premos are super cheap right now and I don't really want to downgrade the next few weeks.
It's like Christmas over the next couple of weeks. Bont at 615, Petracca at 560ish next week, Dawson still low, Sinclair and Stewart around the 500 mark. Then Sweet comes along to give you confidence to trade out your nearly maxed rookies or your under performing midpricers without having to eek every last dollar out of them. It's a been a pretty good year to play this year for sure

View attachment 1974181

My 2nd for the year, fixing the worst trade I've ever made at a $150k loss...

If Sweet doesn't fire, I'll go Powell instead of Meek.
you didn't start reid 🙈
Messenger_creation_4aea3fa9-275f-41fd-be1b-92ebaa128e11.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale. Tempted.
Dawson. Tempted.
Rankine. Tempted but can wait.
Bont. Tempted but can wait.

Genuinely considering a double downgrade. Mass and Powell to Rogers and Garcia.

Leaves 823k in the bank to go shopping.
I'm in the same boat here tbh, we have some very juicy downgrade options with Sweet, Garcia, Rogers, and hell even McKercher.

Would it be too crazy to use my last boost to downgrade 3? :drunk:

So are people keeping Meek? He still has some $$ to make but Sweet has more $$ to make
I'm keeping Meek for now, he's going to be a very good bridge for whoever I want in a week or 2, plus it gives you a few extra weeks to see if you comfortable with Sweet taking the R2 spot or either swapping Jackson into R2 temporarily (If you have him) or upgrading Meek to English instead.

Something from Port clearer than this:
View attachment 1974184
Would rather flip Grundy to English or Marshall when he bottoms out and is uninjured.
Assume at least a month from surgery, which was only during the week:

Happy to stand corrected.
That's enough for me, Sweet should make 250k+ in that month.
Fair chunk of change.
I was keen on English, too, that's why I didn't grab Meek, so get the logic. Plan was Grundy > English

Last edited:
I had a fiddle around.
Could empty the bank on Zerrett ...or Dawson plus 100k for Wang ...who I was going to flick at byes .
No big deal I move Rikki Martin back ..

Dog Moving GIF by Digg
Hmm...
I like Dawson.
Zerrett upcoming run is very nice, though and the role is clear.
Think you can go Daws, in terms of Wang, who would you be pissing him off for?
Reckon it has to be a gilt-edged bloke, not another borderline fella like Nas is.
Gotta get off the midpriced merry-go-round.
If Bonner gets the arse, reckon 100% hold, tho

Last edited:
He's been a strange almond milk latte drinking hipster this year .
Plays like Dean Cox vs Gawn .
Plays like Brad "the pill" Otten in finals vs witts .

Plays like rys Stanley vs Meek .
Scoops went out and asked a few random people on the street what they think of Brodie....

18k off being able to afford double upgrading Merrett and Serong. Hmm, who’s the bigger priority…

No your not, other problems here and it kinda feels trappy to me. Gonna wait a week, he wont always play against a one legged ruck.
Sweet scored 68 in a time share role with Soldo the week before against Collingwood.

He was subbed out with 8 mins to go in the 3rd quarter. Would have easily scored 90 in that game if he did not get subbed out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back